• Fin added a new version:

Fin

Version 1.3.0 for AKI 3.0.x

1.3.0 - (June 26, 2022)

• Updated to work with AKI 3.0.x

Fin

Version 1.4.1 for AKI 3.1.x

• Difficulty update: The default AI Template has been re-synced with FAIT's current settings
      • The old template is still present, and has been renamed to Pre-July2022Difficulty.json

Fin

Bugfix:

• Fixed errors in default config, as well as a minor error in the stat rounding process
  • Hey Fin, noob question here, I just tried to get into FAIL and found maybe half of the attributes I do not understand, I've already been through the readme txt file but it doesn't seem to have any descriptions about attributes, just wondering if I'm missing something here.

An example here is "Accurate speed"

Thanks for the help

• Hey Fin, noob question here, I just tried to get into FAIL and found maybe half of the attributes I do not understand, I've already been through the readme txt file but it doesn't seem to have any descriptions about attributes, just wondering if I'm missing something here.

An example here is "Accurate speed"

Thanks for the help

I'm afraid I don't have a file that fully describes all the settings (And the current 'default' template doesn't even use the full range of settings bots have available), as the names are the ones BSG has set them to. FAIT has some notes I took about a few of them in its changeAI function (Though they're very old, and all based off my observations so they may well be wrong), but unfortunately the only way to get a grasp on the bot settings is really intuiting what the name might mean, and trial and error.

• I'm afraid I don't have a file that fully describes all the settings (And the current 'default' template doesn't even use the full range of settings bots have available), as the names are the ones BSG has set them to. FAIT has some notes I took about a few of them in its changeAI function (Though they're very old, and all based off my observations so they may well be wrong), but unfortunately the only way to get a grasp on the bot settings is really intuiting what the name might mean, and trial and error.

I will play around with it for a bit, thank you so much!

Fin

Further bugfix:

• Fixed a more important error in the default AI template. I would highly recommend either downloading this update, or checking the comments for the change you'd need to make to (roughly) match the new, fixed default.
  • How easy should it make it to set Fin-AILoader\config\config.json\"overallAIDifficultyMod": -2.9?

Could just be RNG but, with respect to PMC bots and Scavs, I'm still not seeing a clear effect from gradually ramping this down from the deafult of "-0.6."

Just RNG?

ADDIT: or let me put this another way: if you wanted to make the Bots so feckless that you could practically just jog up to them and melee them to death without much of a chance of getting hurt (or shoot them in the head and have even lower chances to get hurt), what value would you assign, and is that the correct param to adjust?

On the other hand, if you wanted to make them so hard that it was literally impossible for a mere human to survive them what value would you use?

• You'd need to do trial and error to find out what feels right for you

• You'd need to do trial and error to find out what feels right for you

Roger that :D

. . . So I just fired up a brand new EOD profile with no weapon or durability loss after raid (so I can just keep reloading the same brand new character to do a test match in Factory with different values if necessary). I plugged in "overallAIDifficultyMod": -12

. . . I noticed you commenting to someone else in this thread that you had at one point "plugged in 12" (though you didn't say which param, surely it must have been this one), so I figured -12 might be really easy.

I've killed about a dozen Scavs and PMCs and by virtue of just strolling around (even up on the catwalks) they DID wound me, so they are still capable of killing. But they do seem slower to react, less accurate and perhaps even a bit less "aware." Strangely they do seem to be "more aggressive," but that could just be the RNG of where PMCs and Scavs spawned.

So the general principle I'm coming up with is this:

Larger positive numbers for "overallAIDifficultyMod" will make the Bots more difficult in general (faster to react, more accurate, more aware). Larger negative numbers will make them less difficulty in general.

So just to make sure I've got this right two more questions for you:

1. Do larger positive values of "overallAIDifficultyMod" make the Bots more effective whereas larger negatives make them less effective: Yes or No?

2. Does the "Difficulty" setting in the session configuration window at the start of a match (Easy, As in Online, Normal, Hard, etc.) matter? I assume that "As In Online" is the most likely setting to apply the changes from this mod, but you mentioned in a post some time ago that the mod "flattens" the difficulties suggesting that it doesn't matter what difficulty setting is chosen, the mod will mediate AI params that influence "difficulty" no matter what the difficulty is set to?

Edited 2 times, last by Dichebach: correct errors ().

• Hello!

Very noob question from my part, but I was wondering, should I be seeing a message in the server saying FAIL is loaded like other mods? I just went from FAIT to FAIL since I wanted to use Realism Mod and when I boot my server up I don't see any message saying FAIL is loaded or something like that.

That's normal on pre-3.2.0 versions. As of 3.2.0, however, all mods will produce a message.

1. Yes, that's exactly how it works

2. It doesn't matter anymore, no. FAIL will assign the same difficulty values to a bot's 'easy', 'medium', 'hard' and 'impossible' settings, so that ingame settings won't have any effect. This is partially because only a few types of bots can actually be assigned anything asside from 'normal' difficulty. Basicallly only scavs and snipers can be, and everyone else is always on the same setting due to a quirk of EFT.

• Hey Fin!

I wanted to corroborate something with you.

I upped my overallAiDifficultyMod setting to 4 to try to get a little bit more of a challenge but I figured this would most likely also affect the bosses and their goons and they are already hard enough as they are at default.

I added their names to the bots to leave unchanged section; would this do the trick?

• Hey Fin!

I wanted to corroborate something with you.

I upped my overallAiDifficultyMod setting to 4 to try to get a little bit more of a challenge but I figured this would most likely also affect the bosses and their goons and they are already hard enough as they are at default.

I added their names to the bots to leave unchanged section; would this do the trick?

So for the most part that isn't necessary, as bosses are excluded by default. You have to specifically add bosses to the botDifficulties entry for them to be modified. -Except that there's currently a bug in how that's done, and bosses who don't have 'boss' in their name aren't considered bosses by FAIL. This only affects Big Pipe and BirdEye, so you can just add them to that list, however I'll be releasing an update soon with that fixed!

• Hello again Fin!

I have a few questions if that is okay:

1. Are all bots affected by the same file? Meaning the "default" file inside AiTemplate?

2. What happens if one of the settings has a single value inside the array? Does that mean this value is always the same no matter the difficulty?

3. Inside FAIT you have setting called "AI Hearing Multiplier", what would be the equivalent in FAIL?

Thanks again for all the hard work :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!