Issues with running SPT.

• Server version
    2.3.0 (most recent version with most recent downgrade patcher)
    Game client version
    Client log file
    codepaste.sp-tarkov.com/?8869c…iu6DzKapTbgbmRSz2eKunSfyC
    BepInEx log file
    codepaste.sp-tarkov.com/?c5d51…gg6FMsop24RyWSooQREriXmJe
    Server log file
    codepaste.sp-tarkov.com/?31b66…KT6YimL2jxsBye7V3WaxB2sMT
    Have you read the FAQ?
    Yes
    Where did you download your game from?
    I have a legitimate EOD copy from the battlestate website.
    List of used mods
    none

Hiya folks, so I've found myself in a bit of a frustrating pickle over the last few days unable to get SPT running.

Essentially I can get the server and the launcher running but when I press start game the game opens for a split second before closing.

I read about fixing this in the FAQ, and I DO get a 'preloader.log' file with the

"System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> HarmonyLib.HarmonyException: Patching exception in method static void Console::SetOut(System.IO.TextWriter newOut) --->" Etc. error message.

The FAQ response is: "It's very likely you installed AKI 2.3.0 (or newer) on top of an old AKI version. Please completely delete your old SPT folder and make a fresh copy from Live before installing AKI 2.3.0 or newer."

I have done this with a fresh install about 4 times now even using the newest patch downgrader. I have scoured the internet for every similar forum posted by others and attempted those fixes as well. I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything several times to no avail. I've tried with my SPT folder in the same drive as regular EFT, and I've also tried on my secondary drive. I've verified my tarkov files and have no issues running vanilla. Any combination of troubleshooting I can think of has been exhausted.

I had no trouble installing SPT on my laptop back in december. Very perplexed as to what the heck the solution to this could be.

ALSO: I had difficulty posting my bepinex log file as it does not exist in the Bepinex folder for an unknown reason. Not sure if this is part of the issue or if it's just its own thing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. To anybody reading this, I hope you have a nice day, and I also hope you never have to encounter these issues yourself.

• I feel like I had this issue before but I could be wrong and this doesn't really help, but...make sure you have read and write permissions for your SPT folder. Maybe try unchecking "read only" as well.

I gave it a shot and no-dice. I appreciate you giving me something to try though.

• Did you try completely deleting your live tarkov folder and downloading again? that's the current fix for the issue you describe.

I am currently on my 5th fresh cycle of deletion of everything Tarkov/Battlestate and its subsequent reinstallation. So while it has not worked for me yet, you would be correct in saying that this is the most frequent suggested fix I've seen in similar threads. Really in a stump here because my internet is not the best and I've spent about 12 hrs waiting for these installs in total lol.

• CWX

Closed the thread.
  • SPT Team

Set the Label from In progress to Unresolved

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!