[Deprecated] LukewarmPudding's BlackGear

• lukewarmpudding added a new file:

• lukewarmpudding added a new version:

FIXED THE DAMN HELMETS.

GPNVGS and Altyn/Maska Face Shields should work now with Black helmets

please let me know if there are any other issues!

• So I checked out your code, really neat! Particularly interested in propOverrides in ...\db\itemsToAdd.json, so I tried copying some stuff over from one of my own overrides I already made (based on TEOA's OP RPK-2 codes) with the default rigs:

Curiously enough the stats don't reflect at all, not a single one. Did I do something wrong? Sorry I'm just a hack and just doing this based on eyeballing, trial-and-error and educated guesses; I can't actually code lol

Edited once, last by Strahhe: grammar and clarification ().

• So I checked out your code, really neat! Particularly interested in propOverrides in ...\db\itemsToAdd.json, so I tried copying some stuff over from one of my own overrides I already made (based on TEOA's OP RPK-2 codes) with the default rigs:

Curiously enough the stats don't reflect at all, not a single one. Did I do something wrong? Sorry I'm just a hack and just doing this based on eyeballing, trial-and-error and educated guesses; I can't actually code lol

oh yeah that's an easy one, the quotation marks are more than likely what's messing it up

Should just be:

propOverrides: {

BackgroundColor: "red",

Durability: 100,

MaxDurability: 100,

blah: [

"something",

"somethingelse",

],

numberprop: 100

stringprop: "string",

syntax and capitalization are key, quotations only need to go around strings after a prop where necessary.

• quotations only need to go around strings

Of course!!!! How did I forget that. Thank you so much! :D:D:D

Wait actually hang on. In every example I've seen in .json files the variables always come in quotes? Even the ones that come in your ...\db\itemsToAdd.json has every variable (is that the right term) come in quotes. I thought my mistake was I put the variable values in quotes but I didn't. The int and float values I put were not in quotes, only the variables because I was following .json examples from other mods ^^ .

Example from another item in your ...\db\itemsToAdd.json:

***added my own line comments to compare my understanding

So following this logic shouldn't this work the same? I also double-checked the variable names and capitalization in the item DB

Edited 2 times, last by Strahhe: clarifications ().

Changelog:

• This version is compatible with AKI 3.3.0+.
    • Minor changes.

If you are still using AKI 3.2.4/3.2.5 you don't need this version

If you want to upgrade only the files with changes, download the "_upgrade" package.

Steps for upgrade from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2:

• Delete package.json and src/ folder
    • Copy and paste the _upgrade files in the mod root folder.
    • Enjoy

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!