Game Freezes on startup

• If I delete all files and redo the installer, the first load in loads perfectly fine. The launcher will minimize and the game loads. If I close and restart everything, it will say patching and never minimize the launcher. I have verified my bsg files and integrity checked all my files.

Edit: I redid the install manually and got the same results. The first open works perfectly but each subsequent open fails to launch the game, and continuously says 'profile changes saved' in the server log.

I do not have a client log file.

Here is the server log

SPT-Aki CodePaste
    Visit this link to see the note. Giving the URL to anyone allows them to access the note, too.
    codepaste.sp-tarkov.com

Here is the bepkinx log

SPT-Aki CodePaste
    Visit this link to see the note. Giving the URL to anyone allows them to access the note, too.
    codepaste.sp-tarkov.com

Edited once, last by Seriously: info updated ().

• When I first loaded the launcher it worked fine. If I restart it freezes at patching and the server just keeps saying `profile updated`, no errors. I tried the alt tab method but that doesn't do anything for me. I just downloaded the sp launcher yesterday. I am running win 11. I am trying to see if eft launches at all but i don't see it even if I open task manager. I also confirmed that the gamepath is set correctly and i changed all the \\ to // per the faq.

Did you try the method of deleting your .ini settings files? The location of them should be in: C:\Users\*yourusername*\AppData\Roaming\Battlestate Games\Escape from Tarkov\Settings

For me it was specifically the game.ini and sound.ini files that were causing issues, but you can try deleting all of them first.

Also, try waiting at least 5 minutes between your play sessions(after starting server and launcher) before you start the game again. Worked for me, may work for you too?

I ALSO RECOMMEND MAKING YOUR OWN POST ABOUT IT SINCE YOUR ISSUE IS A LITTLE DIFFERENT FROM MINE, SHOULD MAKE GETTING SOME HELP A LITTLE EASIER FOR YOU(or at least show the devs that this is a reoccurring issue for some people).

• How did you end up fixing this? Or did it just go away?

Hmm maybe I am thinking of something else, occasionally after loading the server and launcher,, and pressing start on the launcher, the game would not boot (it is rare for me, and throws no errors) when that happens closing the launcher and relaunching it let me boot 100% of the times it happened.
    From the way it was phrased I presumed this was the issue Seriously was having, evidently not the case eh :(

• I just tried everything you guys just said, but nothing works for me yet. When I play scav or a new player account (did that for testing), it works perfectly. The problem comes when I tried to play my 2 months player profile on PMC raid. It freezes all the time at start on any map. I tried "alt+tab" method, delete ini files, restart PC several times....... but nothing works so far. Im a little bit desperate right now, because I love SPT but can't fix the issue....

Don't know what to do. Will try to test diferent things until it is fixed. Let you know when that happens.

If you have suggestions, I will be glad to try it.

Thanks everybody.

• CWX

Closed the thread.
  • Terkoiz

Set the Label from In progress to Invalid

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!