Aki Launcher: "You must install .NET Desktop Runtime to run this application" when already installed.

• Server version
    Game client version
    Client log file
    codepaste.sp-tarkov.com/?89356…MZDir6Q2Ex6onM1mocv1gNZvE
    BepInEx log file
    codepaste.sp-tarkov.com/?06108…Ts9X2oF4eEJJUMgNrf92dcRmH
    Server log file
    codepaste.sp-tarkov.com/?226fd…vssHVYjq3db9WGHqv3sRCgDGS
    Have you read the FAQ?
    Yes
    Where did you download your game from?
    https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/
    List of used mods
    None

Launching the server works fine. When I open the launcher I get the error:

You must install .NET Desktop Runtime to run this application.

Archetecture: x64

App host version: 6.0.11

I've downloaded all of the following versions:

7.04 x64

6.0.15 x64 (default link for me)

6.0.11 x64

6.0.11 x86

5.0.0 x86

5.0.0 x64

Tested each of these one at time with a pc restart with no success. Here's what I've done so far:

• moved both installations to the same directory of my dotnet folder
    • installed SPT-Aki both manually and automatically
    • ran the patcher in the SPT folder (even though both versions matched: 0.13.0.22173) and this threw the same error but for an ealrier version of .NET
    • launched original game, got to main menu and then closed before running the SPT-Aki

I'm sure this is an easy solution but I am new to the community and can't seem to figure this out on my own.

• Did you ever find a solution for this issue you were having? I have also tried everything you listed with the same results each time, a message telling me I don't have dotnet installed. I would surmise that 6.0.11 x64 is the correct version to use due to the message but it never works no matter the version I have installed. Server is flawless, launcher refuses.

• UPDATE

I may have found a fix:

This may vary for everyone and I don't know what exactly fixed it but here are the steps in case it helps anyone:

1. Enable ownership permisions to my installation drive and its desendants:

• EFT, SPTARKOV, and dotnet are all located on my C:\ Drive so in the file explorer, right click the drive letter and select "Properties".
      • Go to the "Security" tab and select "Advanced"
      • Change owner and type your username to the box at the bottom (I found mine here : C:\Users\[Username])
      • Click ok and allow the process to take effect on all of the decendants (this will take time and just continue through any of the apps that the process can't change)
      • Once completed make sure to hit apply before hitting the ok button in the "Advanced Security Settings for [location]"
    2. Locate and delete all dotent install folders:
      • Open command terminal in admin mode
      • type "dotnet --info"
      • It should list all of the location of dotnet installations
      • Delete all instances of the dotnet folder on your pc
    3. install latest SDK

After all of that I was able to get through the launcher without issues. This is what worked for me, hopefully it helps someone else.

• CWX

Closed the thread.
  • Terkoiz

Set the Label from In progress to Invalid

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!