Posts by ENDR

zman6116 small tip for when you find yourself without any available extracts: get the Fire Support mod. Not only do you get the power of BRRRRRRRRT, but the mod ALSO comes with the ability to call in a Blackhawk that's pretty much a mobile extraction point.

A couple of days ago I finished the Lighthouse part of Shooter Born In Heaven, got some gear off a couple of rogues and happily crawled to the northern checkpoint... only to realize I can't get out. Luckily I remembered about the Blackhawk, which saved me from losing all that progress :thumbup:

Valens I've just realized I'm not getting any cultists, anywhere. I'm not using any other mods that influence bot spawning. And I don't see any mention of "sectant" bot types in your source code. Does your mod simply skip them?

TheRedCap Nah, jump height, along with a bunch of other options, has been removed and it's not available even in the older versions of the dll (dunno, are they incompatible with current SPT?).

But seriously, look at my screenshot. I had downloaded the mod JUST before taking it and the folder structure seemed fine. I dunno how to explain this, 7-zip has an option to automatically open the root folder in the archive and show just the contents? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Uhhh... The install guide in the readme says:

1. Extract the contents of the zip file into the root of your [SPT] folder.

2. Edit the Config if you want to.

3. Profit.

Except there's no profit and one MIGHT want to edit the config, since all zones are disabled by default and the armband does nothing :P

EDIT: Ok, just noticed you need the "Core" mod as well to make it work... But still, by default none the zones are protected by the armband.

Hey Valens, can you elaborate on what exactly those difficulty weights do? Cause for the life of me, I just don't get it.

The most obvious thing would be: "the higher the number, the more difficult the bots get". But then your documentation presents some kind of a table with percentile chances and... wtf?

Are those weights just basically a chance for each bot to spawn on a particular difficulty level?

Yeah, ok. My point is: sometimes bugs like that produce pretty neat mechanics (remember "skiing" in Tribes games?).

And having a boss respawn over and over on the same map sounds like a fun option ;)

Fixed issues caused. I wasn't clearing the boss array each map, so they were all piling up on top of each other.

How was that NOT a feature? animetantrum

Trust me, I'm having a hard time getting the PMCs to work right (or even understanding how the configs interact with each other) ;)

Oh, I believe you. From what I heard, the PMCs in this build are basically a bit toned down Lighthouse rogues and even online people keep complaining on their laserbeamyness.

Yyyyyyeah... Just got laserbeamed by a MOVING pmc on Customs, from behind the gas station while I was camped up on the rocks near the sniper outpost.

EDIT: Right... If I wanted to die after just two shots in the ARM, I'd be playing online ;D 1.1.0 somehow was more playable for me.

I've always run AKI without running the LIVE version.

Yeah, but it's still there, installed. I've got a brand new OS installation, so neither it, nor AKI is aware of a legit copy of Tarkov residing somewhere on the drive.

I have to reinstall the whole live game, which is going to mess AKI up. Oh, well. At least now I have a PC capable of running (smoothly!) the game online.

Awww maan... I've just set up a brand new PC and moved the SSD with Live (not updated since September) and AKI to it - since it's a brand new OS installation, would I have to run Live at least once to get AKI to run? Or will it run on its own?

Cause at this point running Live will DEFINITELY prevent AKI from running :/

Yes, if you don't want other bosses on that particular map.

Those numbers are just probabilities of the boss spawning, so 0 obviously means "will never spawn here", 100 is "will always show up".