Posts by JohnTarkov

JohnTarkov added a new file:

JohnTarkov added a new version:

• Added a few new songs
    • Fixed duplicate songs and dll being in the incorrect spot (thanks to Sir_Toz_min)

JohnTarkov added a new file:

Hi there, as above, I am experiencing frequent loading lag with traders, ragfair and moving items, as well as flat out Certificate Validation Errors. I realize that I should try this without mods to see if a mod may be causing it, but I'm wondering whether anyone may already know of a mod I use which could be the culprit.

Alternatively, if there is a way to fix these issues without removing any of the mods, that would be great too. Thanks in advance!

edit: I accidentally put the hub URL instead of escapefromtarkov.com in the "Where did you download your game from?" field. Oops.

Hi there, I'm having an issue with the Profile Editor not saving quest changes correctly. Here's a screen recording: https://drive.google.com/uc?id…PtKMz2tMwSJfSlHBHukgqx-qC

I will note that this worked before today, and nothing with my configuration has changed, save for updating to the latest version of the mod. I haven't tried reverting yet, but will do so and report back - but figured I would make you aware of this issue.

Cheers!

edit: I reverted to 2.0 and saving the quest status worked fine. I am happy to provide any further information needed to help you solve this, just ask!

You can back up the user/profiles folder when updating most of the time, but as the move from 2.0.1 to 2.1.0 and beyond meant that Unity 2019 also updated, profiles changed significantly and therefore profiles from 2.0.1 or before do not work with later versions of aki.

Normally, however, you can back up your profile and use it just fine in the next version of aki. In this case, though, if you want to update to 2.1.0 or 2.1.1 you will need to start a new profile.

The mod I linked is an exe you run with the aki server closed, and only changes things you explicitly change. You can safely add items to your stash without altering anything else about your experience.

As always, it's recommended you back up your /user/profiles folder before using any mods on a profile you care about. It's a separate program that you point to your aki folder, so you can safely delete it once you have restored your items.

I'm thinking that there was no room in your stash for the items you lost from the sorting table, and as obviously aki does not run on the same servers as EFT, the functionality that warns you there's not enough room to toss the items back into your stash is not functional in aki, therefore it just trashed the items.

Let this be a lesson to everyone who reads this: Don't do a scav run with your stash rammed full of shit. Clean it up first.

I tried looking through the logs you posted (couldn't look at the modules log because you added extra text to the field) but I couldn't see anything about items except for some errors in the client log. I am not familiar with the ins and outs of logs, but it doesn't look to me like there is anything in there about items you added to your stash.

You may wish to wait for someone more knowledgeable to chime in, but in my fairly amateur opinion, you're probably boned.

The mod would give you free items, yes, and would not allow you to see what was in the scav run you played, as far as I'm aware. You may be able to pore through your server logs and find which items you had, but I wouldn't know how to go about that really.

If you are unable to determine the items you looted from looking through your server logs, your best bet would probably be using the mod I linked and adding the items you said were important to your stash and going from there. I also recommend tempering your expectations for an unofficial mod for a single-player version of a multiplayer game; bugs such as the one like you experienced will happen, as not only is live EFT buggy itself, but a modification such as this which doesn't use official server code will be even more buggy.

I am more than happy to answer any more questions you have, as far as going through the logs, I've never done this myself and it would probably require a lot of work. There's always the next scav run and the next raid, it's a video game and sometimes shit happens. Gotta keep that in mind.

I would imagine the easiest way is to use an addon like this

to manually add the items to your stash. You can't put items inside rigs or backpacks with this, but you can add any item in the game to your stash with it. Hope it helps.

I use those mods and don't have the same issue, so I recommend backing up your /user/profiles and /user/mods folders, deleting your entire aki folder, copying it from live, patching the aki folder to the correct version for 2.1.1, then downloading and unzipping aki 2.1.1 back into your aki folder. run the server.exe once until it says the server has loaded, close it, copy your /user/profile and /user/mods folders back, open the server.exe and profile.exe again and log in with your previously created credentials.

If that doesn't work, you'll need to wait for assistance that's above my head.