Posts by Capataina

Capataina added a new version:

Added an icon for the mod and changed the download URL to Git Hub. I feel like it would be easier there.

Updated the description on what the mod does, how to use it, how to configure it, how to download it properly and some possible ways the mod can throw completely harmless errors (only if you create a new save).

Did not expect this mod to be popular at all so I've decided to put more work into it.

Thanks to TeaCrab on GitHub, the mod now has a configurable increase per body part.

You can also now set the base number for each body part instead of following the default numbers.

(35 for head, 85 for thorax etc can be changed to 20 head 110 thorax or w.e you want.)

Capataina added a new file:

Buffed the SJ9 syringe as it's practically useless and almost unobtainable in the base game. Beware though, it's quite OP as I was using it to test modding things. I wouldn't recommend using it. It's practically a mix of morphine, propital, zagustin and sj1.

Buffed some of the heavy armour types to have more durability. Using those is a debuff in itself anyway as most of them have -20%+ movement reduction and turning speed reductions yet they have the same effective durability as armours like slick and zhuk. Made it so that they are now a lot more durable.

As with anything else, everything is accessible in the src.ts file and you can change/delete/edit any of the values I've changed. You can tinker with the mod however you like.

Capataina added a new file:

Honestly, that's kind of incredible. The word desktop, in my language, contains a non-ASCII character, so I decided to move the game from my desktop to my C disk entirely and, well, the game runs just fine now. I guess we could close this thread as the issue has been solved but that might be another thing to look into if anyone else gets a similar error now.

Hello,

I recently came back to SP Tarkov after a long break. I've been playing it on and off for the past 2 or so years now. I've downloaded it 4 times before. I've only done manual downloads before this since the installer didn't even exist anyway. I did a manual download yesterday, and the game got stuck on the starting splash art. I copied the game to a folder, downloaded the patcher and then downloaded the SPTAKI, and it still got stuck. Today, I deleted the manual download, thinking I might've done something wrong and downloaded the auto-installer on a new folder. The same thing happened again, got stuck on an infinite loading screen. Skimmed through the forum to find answers, and saw a thread where someone suggested pressing F12 a couple of times to see if it helps, and that also didn't help.

I have quite a beefy PC as well so I don't think performance is a problem, if it has any effect on it. I have an i7-11800H along with RTX 3070 and 32 gigs of ram.

One thing I have noticed when looking through the FAQ was that on the FAQ page under game issues, looking inside the "Endless loading / Stuck on splash screen / Game crash to desktop" section, on the 4th point it's telling me to whitelist module.dll file, but inside the Aki_Data folder I have, I only have Server and Launcher folders, I don't have Modules folder. I'm unsure whether that is intentional or not or if the Aki_Data folder is the one I'm supposed to be looking at. It's in the same folder as the server and the launcher, so it's in the main folder.

I'm quite sure that on the FAQ page, step 1 is completed correctly as I've done the manual download multiple times before. I'm also quite sure that 2 wouldn't be a problem since I never managed to open the game correctly anyway. Step 3 wouldn't be a problem as I use C# and C++ for my university as well, so I always have multiple versions of .NET and its framework installed. Lastly, I have tried step 5 as well when deleting the manual download anyway, so I don't think reinstalling would change anything really. Of course, if there are no other options, however, reinstalling tarkov would be the last resort.

I don't think it would be my antivirus since I've been using the same antivirus, BitDefender, for a very long time now and it has never caused any issues before, especially when playing SPT.

Thanks for the help.

Hello!

I've been using the mod for a while after a huge break I took from tarkov that lasted for a year or so. I used to use Reider123's advanced npc mod combined with your AI tweaks mod before to make it so that bots were both a lot more aggressive and aimed better. I noticed that reider stopped updating his mod so currently, I'm only using FAIT. My question is, is there a way to make bots a lot more aggressive? Behavioral changes seem to be very inconsistent with some bots not moving at all, some rushing back and forth without attacking etc but after I turn it off all bots seem to be just mindlessly roaming around where they spawned. Is there a setting you could recommend to make bots a lot more aggressive? Mainly pmc's, roaming around the map and just sprinting towards any hostile they hear or is that actually quite hard to code and doesn't exist?

Thanks for the help and the awesome mod!