Posts by carl makes mods

carl makes mods added a new file:

I have a bunch of mods, so there could be a conflict. For example. The M16A4 mod is incompatible with the "AllTradersSellCheapIttems"; true setting in Erish's AIO mod. As a result, I don't run the M16A4 mod, even though it gives me a bit of nostalgia regarding my time as an infantryman....but I digress.

Anyways. It's a "you can't interact with anything" busy hands. If you want, I can try to reproduce it and send you a video of it so you can see what I'm talking about.

Here is a screen cap of all the mods I'm currently using.

No need, I was able to reproduce on my own and patch it, though the way in which I had to patch it leaves me unable to give the AK-15 its own firing noises... which is less than desirable. Ouch. Try it again now, it should be good.

As for the M16A4 mod... that's really strange. No idea what the issue could possibly be since I don't use AIO, but I'll let Mira know to investigate it whenever she has a chance. Thank you for the heads-up on all of this, by the way.

carl makes mods added a new version:

Super dirty internal plumbing fix for the AK-15. It should work properly now.

Jesus, that was embarrassing.

AK15 makes no sounds of any kind (reloading, inspect, shooting, etc. are all muted) and gets a "hands are busy" bug after adding a weapon mod (did it with a light and a forward grip) in a raid.

AK12 seemed to work just fine. I didn't test everything, but it made sounds and didn't get a "hands busy" bug after adding/removing a weapon mod in a raid.

I did both tests with a brand new and unmodded version of both. They didn't even have any ammo.

Are you fucking serious.

I'm not in a place where I can test this myself, so I'm assuming based off your post that this is something you can reproduce, which is infuriating - I was getting the soundless AK-15 bug earlier and assumed it was a result of me trying to change the firing noises, which clearly seems to be wrong (lmao). I think something is fucked up with its weapon container/root, but I have no idea what it is.

In case it's a conflict, though, could you tell me what other mods (if any) you have running, and what you mean by "hands are busy" bug? Do you mean the bug you get sometimes when searching a container that leaves you unable to interact with anything in the world or open context menus with right click, or the bug that you used to get where your viewmodel freezes and leaves you unable to do literally anything? Thanks.

Added new textures courtesy of Mira! These are versions slightly similar to the ones in her standalone retexture, except they're older versions where the handguard was slightly different and the barrel white was still, well, white.

Overall, this should make the gun look a lot more metal-y and make the polymer parts fit better with each other - or, as Mira put it, this should make the gun look a bit less buttery. Which is quite welcome. :p

I don't have time to update the preview images right now, so if you want to take a peek at the new look sported by the AK-12 and AK-15, I recommend you check out Mira's standalone retexture mod, which is linked above.

The "Smug Russian Bottom" Update.

Small update for AKI 2.0.0. Weapon now supports the new 12.11 malfunction and jam system, and can mount the new stuff added alongside the scope rework. Hooray!

The "Grain Pain" Update.

Largely an update that adds support for 12.11, but there are a few extra things in there too.

Changelog:

• Updated mod to support EFT 12.11/AKI 2.0.0.
      • ARBLACKOUT now supports the new misfire, malfunction, and jam system introduced in 12.11.
      • Ammunition types now have correctly-defined durability burn and misfire chance values.
        • Armor-piercing ammunition such as the Barnes VOR-TX and IOP HV rounds will cause faster durability burn, and specialty match ammunition such as the Spark REX2 and Hornady BLACK A-MAX will cause less fast durability burn.
      • Ammunition has had its localization changed to match changes made to ammo localization in 12.11.
        • This only applies to the ENG localization (read: the default one) of this mod, unfortunately.
    • Ammunition types now have correctly-defined bleed chances.
      • Yes, this means you can do the legmunch strat with the SIG MCX now, though why you would want to do such a thing is beyond me.
    • Hornady BLACK V-MAX ammunition has had its stat block adjusted.
      • Hornady BLACK V-MAX performs the same against flesh, but its terminal ballistics against armor have been "inverted" - rather than dealing high damage on target but leaving armor mostly intact, V-MAX ammo will now deal low damage on target but rapidly deplete armor.
      • This was done to make V-MAX usable as a "budget" alternative to dedicated armor-piercing rounds such as Barnes VOR-TX and IOP HV, albeit one that only works when paired with fully-automatic fire.
    • Sale prices of weapons, ammunition types, and weapon parts have all been adjusted to be slightly less insane.

The "Isn't She Pretty?" Update.

Probably the biggest out of all these updates I'm doing on 2.0.0 release day, since this mod was due for an additional update on top of 12.11 support. Hoo boy.

Changelog:

• Updated mod for EFT 12.11/AKI 2.0.0.
      • Weapon now supports the malfunction, misfire, and jam system introduced in 12.11.
      • Weapon now supports the various bits and bobs added in 12.11 alongside the Mk47 Mutant and optic rework.
    • Retooled weapon's appearance from the ground up to better fit the Tarkov art style.
      • Weapon now properly appears as if it's stainless steel/nickel and not painted/rattlecanned gunmetal.
      • Dust cover on ST AR-15 upper now correctly bears an American flag insignia.
      • Weapon itself now correctly uses a Spikes' Tactical competition bolt carrier group.
      • ST BAR-3 handguard has been almost completely redone.
        • It no longer shines like it was dipped in a vat of lube and fried in a pottery kiln.
        • So that's cool.
    • Weapon now has much beefier firing noises to better sell the idea of this being a sniper rifle simply masquerading as a carbine.

The "In A Jam" update.

This update is primarily focused on updating the weapon for 12.11, but features a few other nice things in addition to this.

Changelog:

• Updated mod for EFT 12.11/AKI 2.0.0.
      • Weapon now supports the malfunction, misfire, and jam system introduced in 12.11.
      • Weapon is now compatible with the new parts introduced in 12.11 alongside the sight rework and the Mk47 Mutant.
    • Adjusted balance of a few different weapon parts.
      • Minor stat changes to a couple of weapon components.
      • Stats of QHB suppressor and Trash Panda suppressor adjusted to reflect changes made to suppressors in 12.11.
      • Both barrels have had their base accuracy nerfed somewhat.
        • This was done to ensure that having this mod would not make the SIG MCX entirely irrelevant. While the QHB still reigns supreme when it comes to plinking at a distance on account of being able to get under 2 MOA with proper modding, it now no longer outpaces the MCX quite as hard.
        • It's still a direct upgrade to the MCX, mind you. It's just that now the MCX is slightly more viable as a budget alternative to this gun.
    • Weapon now has new animations!
      • This wasn't supposed to happen at all, but I like how it came out, so I'm keeping it anyway.
      • Weapon now has a unique inspect animation, and a variant magazine insert animation for lower mastery levels.
    • Fixed clipping issue with Cherry Bomb compensators.
    • Removed Herobrine.

Not at all. I just experimented around to try to find out how the "residual damage" was calculated. Then I just reported the findings here. No need to get defensive.

btw, increasing health pool does not solve any problem. It will get the blacked out percentage post-raid residual damage as well, depleting the meds and/or roubles faster lol.

Sorry about that. As you can plainly tell, I am not very good at making it clear when I'm confused instead of defensive when typing messages on the internet. Ouch.

The weirdest thing is that I left a raid with a blacked arm and this glitch went away completely. Maybe that's another clue as to how 1.6.0's "residual damage" calculations are goofed up?

Unless you're trying to say that the health issue could be "solved" by simply raising the amount of health you have when blacked out to full health, I don't see what this accomplishes.

Oh, this reminds me. I'm getting the same problem as you guys with respect to health, but I've also noticed that if I actually do die in a raid I get put back in the menu with full health instead of being blacked out.

It's kind of weird, like some opposite day-type shit. Dying in a raid restores you to full health, leaving a raid with full health puts you on your deathbed. Whoever started calling it the dumpster fire update wasn't far off the mark...

Actually, the health parameters are stuck at the level of "most damaged" through out all the raids you've been through, for each body parts separately. Since the "most damaged" you can get is blacked out, the body parts will be shown as that way in the post-raid screen.

Why do you find making this distinction necessary? Unless you're trying to say that the health issue could be "solved" by simply raising the amount of health you have when blacked out to full health, I don't see what this accomplishes.

Howdy! I updated to V1.5.0 and got an error from this mod. Or it looks like its more related to the compatibility script for QHB that attempts to run for the expansion.

That's not relevant to this mod so I'd suggest you put it in the QHB's thread next time something like this happens. As for a fix, off the top of my head you should be able to change line 61 from ModLoader.onPostLoad[thingy] = QHBCompat.compatEXP; to ModLoader.onLoad[thingy] = QHBCompat.compatEXP; to make it work again.

Another small update, except this time it's something I'm kind of embarrassed that I didn't do earlier.

• ST AR-15 upper can now mount all STM-9 handguards.
    • STM-9 upper can now mount ST SAR3 handguard.

Content, at last! Sort of. I dunno. Hooray!

• Added (available at Mechanic LL2):
      • Q Trash Panda Multicaliber Suppressor - A high-quality multicaliber suppressor based off the proprietary Honey Badger suppressor.
      • Q Cherry Bomb Compensator/TP .223 - Version of the Cherry Bomb for 5.56-sized threads. Capable of mounting the Trash Panda.
      • Q Cherry Bomb Compensator/TP .308 - Version of the Cherry Bomb for 7.62-sized threads. Capable of mounting the Trash Panda.
    • Both Honey Badger barrels can now mount the OMEGA 45k.

Known "Issue" -

• New attachments lack Russian localization and will default to English. This is because I can't actually write in anything other than English and all non-English localization in my mods is done by volunteers on their own time. Thanks again to all you people who send me your translations, by the way. You guys are cool <3

A small update with a small few features.

• All .300BLK barrels are now capable of mounting the OMEGA 45k suppressor.
      • Still waiting for BSG to make 9mm and 300BLK thread adapters for the OMEGA a vanilla feature.
    • Minor adjustments to a few different ammunition statistics.

A small few changes for some small mistakes. Shouldn't have taken this long, but it did. Whoops...

• Thread space on barrels is now FAR less visible when using the default muzzle devices.
      • Turns out I fucked up the bundle offsets and made muzzles mount way too far forward. Muzzles now mount to correct positions.
    • AK-15 now uses AK-74 mastery. Yes, it feels wrong, but apparently the AK-103 uses AK-74 mastery so doing this is right. Somehow.

Lets you put folding stocks on AKs that normally wouldn't be able to take them. You can now put skeletal triangle stocks on the Saiga, AR-15 stocks on the AKS-74/AKS-74U, and all that good stuff or something.

Advanced Custom Weapons probably already does this, or at least, it should. Don't install if you're already using that or something.