Posts by notAlig

I think I've fixed the issue. I was able to play through a Factory raid with Horde AI for 30 minutes without crashing after disabling my RAM's XMP in my BIOS, and making it run at the stock 2133MHz instead of the 3200MHz it is rated for.

I guess installing an extra 16GB of RAM on top of my existing 16GB is too much for the game to handle at 3200MHz, which is weird since Live works fine, but I guess it might be the overhead of everything that AKI is doing which is exacerbating it. Oh well, fix found, so feel free to close this thread, and thanks for replying CWX!

Nope, I haven't had any crashes at all on Live yet, although I've only done 3 raids to test that.

I'm about to restore my 12.11.7.15426 backup and try AKI 2.1.1 since I don't remember any crashes (that weren't RAM related) happening with that build. Worth a try at the very least.

EDIT: The link for the client log above is invalid due to an extra sentence I typed. It was meant to link to this traces.log file I uploaded, since no errors.log file was generated for the session proceeding the crash.

So over the past two or so months I've been having intermittent crashing issues in-raid whilst playing SPT. Sometimes I can go through a raid just fine, but most of the time, the game will just crash, and theres no consistency in when it will happen. I could be looting a dead scav or PMC, or I could be mid firefight, or just doing nothing. Sometimes it might happen a couple of minutes into a raid, sometimes 30 minutes, sometimes much much later, and sometimes not at all.

At first I thought it might have been due to running out of RAM, but watching my RAM usage via Process Lasso shows that it never reaches anywhere near 100% RAM usage, only ever going as far as 80% max of my 32GB total. At that point I figured it might be the mods I was using, so I tried to see if there were any conflicts or compatability issues. There weren't any, so I started to prune mods that I didn't really need, which didn't help. At that point, I created a new test profile, and removed all of my mods, putting them in a separate backup directory. Even after doing that, the crashes still happened. I went into a fresh Factory raid, getting 60+ FPS at all times, and then bam, a crash struck. I completely nuked my AKI install, and restored a copy of my 12.12.0.16029, which I then proceeded to downgrade to 12.11.7.15680 using the AKI Patcher. I then proceeded to create another test account, and do another Factory raid. The first raid went surprisingly fine, but the second proceed to crash just 4-5 minutes into the raid.

I looked at the game's logs, and well, there was nothing in them even registering any crash traces in the errors.log that was generated whilst I was still using mod, and in fact, there wasn't even any errors.log generated when running no mods and a fresh test profile. Nothing happens in the server logs either. The only trace of the crash is in Windows' Event Viewer, which has registered each crash, and which I have put screenshots of in the spoiler below.

I simply can't figure out what might be causing these crashes. I've undone my CPU overclocks to see if that helps, it didn't. I just spent the last 5 hours running Memtest86 to test for faulty RAM, since I bought two extra sticks of DDR4-3200mHZ RAM just before Christmas, and no errors. These crashes occur on any map, and only occur in-raid, as I can sit in the menus for hours with no issues. EFT & SPT AKI are the only game on my PC that this occurs in, with other games running for sessions as long as 6 hours, having no similar crashes. I even tried doing 3 raids on the Live version to see if the crashes carried over, but those raids went crash-free.

Sometimes a fresh install can alleviate any issues and problems but like I said most of these issues come from outdated mods, I hope this somewhat helps you man.

*ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR PROFILE BEFORE REMOVING OR CHANGING MODS!* :thumbs_up:

I tested with three separate profiles. The profile used when I originally encountered the error, a test profile I made after removing a few mods to see if they were the culprits, and then another new test one after removing all mods.

Fresh reinstall of EFT fixed everything anyway. I assume I had a bad EFT file (or a couple) somehow, as the issue no longer occured on a fresh AKI 1.4.4 install with no mods installed, and no longer occured once I put all the mods back either. Tested on fresh profile, and even the old profiles worked fine too. Oh well, all's well that ends well, I guess.

Issue persisted even after temporarily removing all mods. Same error as in client log linked above. Deleted AKI game folder, restored 12.10.12646 backup and ran integrity check via BSG's launcher, nothing found.

Will let BSG Launcher redownload fresh 12.10.12646 files just in case something happened to be seriously borked with my files that even the BSG Launcher couldn't detect. Currently 1:46 AM, so sleep time for me whilst it downloads.

So after deciding to try out SPT-AKI again after a few months, I did my usual. Trawl through the new mods section and download any that piequed my interest. Dragged them all into AKI's mods folder, configured them (hopefully) correctly, launched the server, launched the game. Created and named a new PMC, started inspecting everything.

All was well.

Then I accepted Prapor's first task: Debut, and noticed that the little spinning loading symbol was stuck in the bottom right corner of my screen, and then I noticed that everything was stuck. I couldn't accept anymore tasks, couldn't move anything to and from the stash, trader inventories wouldn't load etc. So I closed the game, reopened it, same thing happened again on accepting Therapist's first task. Closed the game again, and then pressed log-out on the launcher, and noticed that it wasn't connecting to the server.

Took a look at the server log, nothing seemed out of the ordinary error-wise to my untrained eyes. Took a look at the client log, and noticed that there was indeed a big error. That was as far as my own (poor) troubleshooting attempt went.