Please do not spam mod comments with requests for mods to be updated - repeat offenders will be muted at moderator discretion.
TL:DR? Read only the white highlighted text for summary!
The ammunition is balanced such that it feels entirely fair to unlock, purchase and use. The mod now features an incredibly detailed config that let's you change almost every aspect of every bullet, and also has a simplified settings group if you want to tweak but not that much in detail. I recommend using my mod as it comes and playing it as I envisioned, but you can make the bullets whatever you like.
Open photo links for higher quality photos!
This mod adds one "ILLEGAL" ammunition type for each "normal" calibre in the game that are notably better than the best vanilla bullets within their calibres. To keep the ammunition powerful, but not over-powered, each new "ILLEGAL" bullet pulls their stats from the bullets with the best value for each stat in their calibre group. For example, in vanilla the best 9x18mm PM bullet for damage is SP7 GZH, with 77 damage, and the best for penetration is PBM GZH, with 28 penetration power, so the 9x18mm PM ILLEGAL bullet would have their combined stats at 77 damage and 28 penetration. This means that the ILLEGAL ammunition is overall more versatile and a bit stronger than vanilla ammunition, but still contains the essence of limitations that come with each different calibre, a 9x18 can't and shouldn't be able to penetrate armour class 6. The bullet stats that are currently configured to work in this way are: Damage, penetration, Accuracy, Recoil and Velocity.
ILLEGAL ammunition can be obtained through purchase from the custom Dark Web trader "WEB AMMO", or found in various containers. Loyalty level one is unlocked by default. Loyalty level 2 requires level 23 and 1m spent. Loyalty level 3 requires level 35 and 5m spent. Loyalty level 4 requires level 42 and 10m spent. See picture for trader stock and ammo stats, it may be outdated with later versions, can't update it each time I make a change. All ILLEGAL ammo comes in limited stock, amount depending on calibre size, with exceptions. The chance of ILLEGAL ammunitions spawning should be low, but different ILLEGAL ammo have different chances at spawning. The more expensive the ammo is to buy, the rarer it is to spawn. The chance of finding ILLEGAL item in a container depends on what Spawn Category the container is in. The Very High category has the highest chance of spawning ILLEGAL ammunition, and is limited to the more "rare" containers Jaeger's Stash, Safe, Plastic Suitcase, and Jacket (214). The Very High category is used as the "base" or default chance value when calculating the chances for the other categories. The containers in the High category is Dead Scav and Ammunition Box and has three times less spawn chance for ILLEGAL ammunition. The containers in the Normal category is Buried Barrel Cache's, Ground Cache's, and Wooden Crate's and has six times less spawn chance for ILLEGAL ammunition. Finally we have the Low category, which contains All the Weapon Boxes, Sport Bag's and Jacket's, which has ten times less spawn chance for ILLEGAL ammunition. This should be balanced so that you can specifically go out of your way to "farm" ILLEGAL ammunition, but still find it through regular gameplay.
You can now sell ammunition on the Dark Web (to WEB AMMO trader) for a higher price than the regular traders. The higher your reputation (loyalty) on the market, the more people are willing to pay your for your ammunition. This has been balanced such that ammo sells for 65%, 70%, 75% and 80% of the ammunitions buy-price at loyalty levels 1, 2, 3 and 4 respectively. The sell-prices have been balanced such that it should be difficult, if not impossible, to use lower market prices on ILLEGAL ammunition to "cheese" free money, but still give you enough money for ammo that they become worthy loot when the flea market is disabled or not unlocked. ILLEGAL Ammo is now disabled on the Flea Market by default, but can be changed in config.
To balance the new ammunition I considered price, negative stats, secured container removal and time of unlock. ILLEGAL ammunition is powerful, but their lack of quality regulation make them unreliable ammunition. Overall, they have a higher chance at malfunctioning and misfiring than other bullets in their calibres. Their poor construction make your gun heat up and wear down MUCH faster than with most regulated ammunition. Depending on the calibre size and purpose of the bullet, they are categorized into four; small, medium, large and special. With this patch, all ammunitions within the same category have the same values for these stats, but with the rework that is coming soon™, each bullet will have their own value for each stat. Through testing, the stats have been balanced such that you can spray about two "normal" sized magazine for each calibre, 35, 30, 20, 10 capacity magazines respectively, in quick succession without having a huge chance of malfunctions, however anything more than that and you run into major malfunction issues, as well as a high weapon max durability degradation. The higher the calibre category, the earlier you will experience major malfunction issues. After shooting three mags of "normal" size for the calibre in quick succession, you can expect to have had many, 3-10+, malfunctions, most being with the last magazine, and to have lost about 20 durability and 15 max durability. Note that when I tested this I emptied 3 magazines at full-auto right after each other, so weapon heat was a major factor to increase malfunction chance in the later magazines. Since you loose max durability and have a higher chance at malfunctions when you shoot with a overheated gun, this can be avoided by simply shooting less within a short time period. This encourages an interesting playstyle of conserving fire, and only spraying when it is smart to. Since they are contraband, and only sold on The Dark Web, they are also expensive and in limited quantity. The general rule is that small calibres such as 9x18 has a limited stock of 50 per trader reset, medium calibres such as 5.45x39 has a limited stock of 30 per trader reset, big calibres such as 7.62x51 has a limited stock of 10 per reset and special munitions has a limited stock of around 5 per trader reset, but there are exceptions. The WEB AMMO trader resets his stock every 3 hours by default. The better calibres are also difficult to unlock, as Dark Web traders doesn't sell their best wares to just anyone. ILLEGAL ammunition can also no longer be placed inside secured containers, increasing risk/reward when finding and using them.
When considering what ammunition to unlock at what loyalty, and at what level those loyalties should unlock, I took into account ammunition progression of vanilla bullets, guns available to the player at the time of unlock, encouraging calibre exploration and the bullet's stats. My aim was to make it so that there was no easy META development, where you would be able to run only one ILLEGAL bullet from the very start until late-game. I am encouraging exploration of lesser used calibres, such as 7.62x25mm TT, .300 blackout, 5.7x28mm, 9x21mm, 9x39mm, .357 Magnum and 20/70 buckshot by having their ILLEGAL bullets unlock earlier than the normal META calibres. In many instances these calibres are also a lot stronger than the other available ammunitions at the time of unlocking them. However, I think their stats are not so much better than available ammunitions that they outcompete them at the prices they are sold for. It is by design that by the time you unlock new ILLEGAL bullets, the very best of the ILLEGAL bullets that are unlocked, are often for guns that should be unavailable to buy from traders for money at that time. This is to encourage the use of barter trades, to get early access to guns that can use better ammunition than other's that are available to the player.
How to install:
- Download .RAR
- Unpack the .RAR into your ...\"SPT INSTALL"\user\mods
- Run SPTarkov
How to update:
IMPORTANT: Check Patch Notes txt file or in the patch notes on SPTarkov website for important notes on how to update which may vary per update.
- Optional: Save your config file somewhere if you have custom settings that you want to keep, and replace the config file with the one you just saved after update.
- Delete previous version of the mod inside "SPT INSTALL"/user/mods/
- Follow install instructions
How to remove:
- Remove all modded ammunition from your inventory
- Delete the mod inside "SPT INSTALL"/user/mods/
This mod contains a config file for easy configuration of almost everything, although I recommend playing with my balanced default settings. It also contains .TS files for those that understand some coding and want to tweak in more detail.
.357 ammo doesn't fit the Chiappa Rhino 50DS .357 revolver- Fixed 9x19mm doesn't fit the Chiappa Rhino 50DS .357 revolver- Fixed The MP-43-1C 12ga double-barrel shotgun can only hold one 12/70 shell- Fixed 20/70 and 12/70 buckshot is stronger than intended because I took the best stats for buckshot AND slugs, instead of just buckshot- Fixed 40x46mm (HE) Grenade ammunition does not fit in the new Grenade Launcher M32A1. - Fixed Due to taking the wrong loot table ID, regular jackets do not spawn ILLEGAL ammunition, only the jacket by Customs Checkpoint that spawns the dorms 214 key.- Fixed A bug causes .357 to fit inside .366 guns and magazines- Fixed Setting "Remove From Secured Containers" does not work - Fixed
- Conflicts with KMC SVM option "Remove secure container filters". Temporary fix is to rename my mod so that it appears higher up in your folders list than KMC SVM so that it loads first.
- When creating a new profile, first time you enter WEB AMMO trader, ALL loyalty level items are available until you force an update by making a purchase from WEB AMMO or possibly by restarting the server.
Planned Changes (Coming SOON™):
Add installation guide to ReadMe.md file- Updated Put mod into folders to make it easier to install- Updated Allow WEB AMMO trader to buy ammo at a better rate than vanilla traders- Updated Update mod to newest AKI version 3.2.0- Updated Ammunition Stat Rework part 1 (more and balanced stats)- Updated Economy Rework; sell price, spawn chances, remove ammo from flea, remove ammo from secured containers, etc- Updated Add detailed configurations in config file for ammo stats and trader stock restriction. Incredibly detailed config for easy access to ammo's important stats for users. Includes all stats changeable for each bullet individually, or simple config that uses multipliers to change all values of a certain stat of all bullets. Certain settings can be nerfed or buffed on all bullets while maintaining the stat balance between bullets and potentially it's own stats.- Updated Massively update all mods code to shorten, simplify, reduce and make modular- Updated A LOT of tiny changes (So many I literally don't even remember 80% of them, mostly fixes to small things like names, descriptions, stats, etc)- Updated Remove ILLEGAL ammo from Flea Market-Updated Remove ILLEGAL AMMO from Secured Containers- Updated
- Ammunition Stat Rework part 2 (Advanced functions and equations to automatically calculate certain stats and spawn chances)
- Custom 3D models for each bullet
- Add quests, barters or both to unlock and buy ILLEGAL ammunition with a story-line
- Additional items (Grenades and both buckshot and slug for each shotgun calibre)
- Make sure AI can spawn with ILLEGAL ammo, if not add it. Potentially change likelihood.
If you have any coding experience and can help me out with achieving any of the above points, I would be happy to get guidance. For some of these, I do not have the experience to fulfil them yet. Doesn't mean I won't in the future, but as of now, there are many things I am unsure how to add or fix.
A special thanks to fellow modder JoshJ5Hawk for allowing me to use his source files from his mod Super Ammo to build this mod upon, and for his help figuring out some issues I encountered during development. Please check out JoshJ5Hawk's Super Ammo mod, it is a great mod for those that want super over-powered ammo. A big thanks to Kobrakon for helping me out a ton, certain important features would not be possible without him. Go visit their profiles and mods, they are great at what they do. Also a special thanks to the other modders in the SPT Pub Discord channel for helping me.
This is my first mod for SPTarkov, and very much experimental. Let me know of any issues, but due to my lack of coding experience, there is only so much I am able to fix.
Rate this mod ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ if you enjoyed all the work I did to bring you this!
IF YOU WANT TO KEEP THE OLD CONFIG.JSON, YOU CAN. HOWEVER, YOU MAY WANT TO REMOVE THE PLACEHOLDER CODE LIKE I DID IN THIS UPDATE TO HAVE A CLEANER SETTINGS FILE.
- Fixed a bug that made .357 ammo fit inside .366 calibre magazines and guns
- Fixed a bug that made setting "Remove From Secured Container" not work. With the changes made to "Removed From Secured Container", it is uncertain whether this will still conflict with SVM or not, Please give feedback if it conflicts.
- Removed a lot of placeholders from config
- Added description of setting "Fin's AI Tweaks" to CONFIG GUIDE file
WARNING: BEFORE UPDATING, REMOVE ALL ILLEGAL AMMUNITION FROM YOUR INVENTORY. NOT DOING SO MAY RESULT IN LOSS OF BULLETS OR MORE SERIOUS ISSUES. FOLLOW THE README FOR HOW TO UPDATE. IDS FOR MANY BULLETS WERE CHANGED AND THEY WILL LITERALLY JUST DISAPPEAR. I RECOMMEND YOU USE THE NEW CONFIG SYSTEM TO CHEAT BACK WHATEVER AMMUNITION YOU HAVE IF IT IS A BIG PROBLEM. THIS SHOULD NOT BECOME THE NORM, THIS IS AN EXCEPTION SINCE I LITERALLY CHANGED 90% OF THE OLD CODE TO BETTER CODE.
THIS IS A HUGE UPDATE THAT CHANGES A TON ABOUT THE MOD AND BRINGS IT SIGNIFICANTLY CLOSER TO MY END VISION FOR THE MOD. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND UPDATING. THIS FILE SHOULD WORK FOR AKI SERVER VERSIONS 3.1.0, 3.1.1, 3.2.0 AND POSSIBLY EARLIER VERSIONS, ALTHOUGH ANY OTHER VERSION THAN 3.2.0 WILL GIVE YOU A CONSOLE WARNING UNLESS YOU MANUALLY CHANGE THE PACKAGE.JSON AKI SERVER VERSION ENTRY TO CORRESPOND WITH WHATEVER VERSION YOU ARE RUNNING.
- Updated to Aki Server Version 3.2.0
- Fixed a bug that made you unable to load ILLEGAL 40x46mm (HE) Grenades into the M32A1 Grenade Launcher
- Fixed name typos for 9x18mm gzh, 23x75mm buckshot and 4.6x30mm SX to fit more seamlessly in with vanilla names
- Added tracers to ALL ILLEGAL ammunition except for Flare and 40x46 (HE) grenades, because they can't have tracers
- 23x75 damage has been reduced significantly, recently took total damage from a buckshot, but it is a slug 23x75 Accuracy, Light and Heavy Bleed chance has been dramatically increased, and Recoil massively reduced to improve the bullet
- ILLEGAL Flare ID has been changed in anticipation of adding a second Flare that can spawn AirDrops in the future. This cannot be added yet because SPTarkov currently, with server version 3.1.1, doesn't have AirDrops. Code is already made and waiting for update
- MASSIVELY organized and rewritten code, it should now be much easier for those that know code to tweak all settings in my mod to their liking from the .TS file, this is also a preventative measure for bugs in the future: The tidier, the less chance I make a mistake
- Added custom advanced ammunition stats for Damage To Armor, Fragmentation Chance, Ricochet Chance, Light Bleed Chance and Heavy Bleed Chance. The first three have taken their stats from the cartridge with the highest penetration value for that calibre, the two last gets their stats from the cartridge with the highest value for that stat in their calibre
- Added incredibly detailed configuration settings, so you can tweak almost every tiny little thing to your liking. Check out the new txt file CONFIG GUIDE, and config.json to start tweaking
- Added simple and convenient optional config settings alongside the more advanced and detailed
- Reworked WEB AMMO trader picture and resized it to proper scale
- Made a plethora of changes and additions that are far too many to mention or remember
This patch looks a little different than usual, because a lot of important things have changed. This patch comes with a whole new Economy Rework, and also the first iteration of the Ammunition Stat Rework.
Ammunition Economy Balance Rework:
The purpose of the Economy Balance Rework is to make it harder to abuse ILLEGAL ammunition as a quick-money-scheme, and to make ILLEGAL ammunition FEEL more important, rare and valuable. All ILLEGAL ammunition has been added to the Secured Container black-list. This means that ILLEGAL ammunition can no longer be kept inside of your Secured Container for safe-keeping. This adds risk and excitement to the game: When you find ILLEGAL ammunition you have motivation to get out safely. It also encourages players to bring good gear along with their ILLEGAL ammunition, which adds additional risk to using the best ammunition in the game. ILLEGAL ammunition has also, finally, been removed from the Flea Market, so no more cheesing money or higher quantities of bullets than you should have. Since ILLEGAL ammunition is imported illegally, the price that you pay for them from the Dark Web is lower than the actual value. Therefore, traders will only give you the actual value of the bullet, which is half, minus their greed-tax. ILLEGAL ammunition is now more evenly distributed than before and has been added to many loot tables. The chance of finding ILLEGAL item in a container now depends on what Spawn Category the container is in. The Very High category has the highest chance of spawning ILLEGAL ammunition, it is has the same chances as the previous mod versions, but it is now limited to the more "rare" containers Jaeger's Stash, Safe, Plastic Suitcase, and Jacket (214). The Very High category is used as the "base" or default chance value when calculating the chances for the other categories. The containers in the High category is Dead Scav and Ammunition Box and has three times less spawn chance for ILLEGAL ammunition. The containers in the Normal category is Buried Barrel Cache's, Ground Cache's, and Wooden Crate's and has six times less spawn chance for ILLEGAL ammunition. Finally we have the Low category, which contains All the Weapon Boxes, Sport Bag's and Jacket's, which has ten times less spawn chance for ILLEGAL ammunition. This should be balanced so that you can specifically go out of your way to "farm" ILLEGAL ammunition, but still find it through regular gameplay. I am not entirely sure how chance's work in EFT, whether the value I put is a static value with a set chance, or if the value numbers of all potential items in a container is added together, and then is calculated based on how much of this sum an item's own value is of the total. If the second is true, then the current system may be fairly unbalanced. Since I have not had time to thoroughly test spawn chances, I am just making an educated guess on balanced probabilities, and may be completely under or overshooting it. Please give me feedback on this specific point.
Ammunition Stat Rework Part 1:
Since my next major update will require a lot of work, it will take some time, so this serves as a temporary re-balance, to create a similar-to-intended effect
Changed the Malfunction chances, Heat and Durability burn to be more in-line with the end-vision that will come with a later rework. All these stats have been increased SIGNIFICANTLY, to make it more interesting and balanced to use the bullets. I think I found the perfect balance between usability, and adaptability. Depending on the calibres size and purpose, they are categorized into four; small, medium, large and special. With this patch, all ammunitions within the same category have the same value for these stats, but with the rework that is coming soon™, each bullet will have their own value for each stat. Through testing, the stats have been balanced such that you can spray about two "normal" sized magazine for each calibre, 35, 30, 20, 10 capacity magazines respectively, in quick succession without having a huge chance of malfunctions, however anything more than that and you run into major malfunction issues, as well as a high weapon max durability degradation. The higher the calibre category, the earlier you will experience major malfunction issues. After shooting three mags of "normal" size for the calibre in quick succession, you can expect to have had many, 3-10+, malfunctions, most being with the last magazine, and to have lost about 20 durability and 15 max durability. Note that when I tested this I emptied 3 magazines at full-auto right after each other, so weapon heat was a major factor to increase malfunction chance in the later magazines. Since you loose max durability and have a higher chance at malfunctions when you shoot with a overheated gun, this can be avoided by simply shooting less within a short time period. This encourages an interesting playstyle of conserving fire, and only spraying when it is smart to.
- Fixed a typo that made the 9x18mm malfunction stat much higher than intended
- Fixed a typo that made the 5.45x39mm malfunction stat much lower than intended
Increased Flare penetration value to 25, so it can ignore armour level 1 and 2 with a fair chance to penetrate armour class 3.- Turns out flares have a 100% ricochet chance that cannot be turned off, which means penetration has no effect.
- The damage dealt by explosive shrapnel from the 12/70 and 20/70 Buckshot has been halved
- .366 TKM and .357 Magnum are now categorized under the medium calibres category instead of the previous large and small respectively, while 12/70 and 20/70 Buckshot are now categorized under the large calibres category instead of the previous medium, which affect their stats. A higher calibre group means their malfunction, heat and durability burn stats became significantly worse, and a lower calibre group means those stats have become significantly better
- Fixed a bug where you could not put .357 Magnum into the Chiappa Rhino 50DS .357 revolver
- Fixed a bug where you could not put 9x19mm into the Chiappa Rhino 200DS 9x19 revolver
- Fixed a bug where the MP-43-1C 12ga double-barrel shotgun would only accept one shell
- Fixed 12/70 and 20/70 buckshot stats, previously took the best stats from both buckshot and slugs, now takes stats only from buckshot
- Massively decreased flare penetration. It is a flare why did it even have 50 penetration value in the first place?
- You can now sell ammunition on the Dark Web (to WEB AMMO trader) for a higher price than the regular traders. The higher your reputation (loyalty) on the market, the more people are willing to pay your for your ammunition
- Added installation, update and uninstallation instructions to file
- Simplified installation process
Re-upload of version 1.0.0, with a slight change in ReadMe.md, and with a new link to download the file.