Posts by Zoopy

Hi, friend! If the bosses in the game bother you, you can do one thing. I don't know if there is a mod for this, but I do it myself. We follow the path: game folder/Aki _Data/Server/database/bots/types. Open each file and change the health values of the limbs as in the screenshot below. You can use the quick search. It takes me 5 minutes to do this. Some files have "0" values everywhere, skip such files. As a result, after the work done, all bots in the game will have the same level of health as our PMC. After all, your problem is not in SAIN, but in the fact that the developer for some reason introduced too fat bosses into a realistic game. Personally, this alignment did not suit me, and I changed it. Tarkov is not The Division. And as for the problems ... it annoys me that the bots always know where I am. I noticed this at the factory. If you hid somewhere after a good shootout, the bot will come exactly where you hid. And they do it in droves. For example, I killed several PMCs on the 3rd floor of the factory, and locked myself in a room that opens with a key. So, bots and PMCs purposefully went to this door and opened it, and in front of the door there was a mountain of corpses, respectively. About how bots shoot like they have X-ray vision, I wrote on github.

hp.png

Thanks, that's actually a really good idea! Bosses already have other skills that make them difficult without being bullet sponges. I was in a Factory raid earlier where Tagilla spawned and I went into the little room by the pump station, and he couldn't come in and just stood at the window looking at me. I probably dumped 20-30 shotgun blasts into him before he finally went down. That's a bit extreme, even for a boss.

I also know what you mean by bots homing in on you. I did a raid on lab and stood at the Hangar Gate extract and just kept shooting enemies as they came walking in through the doors. There was a massive pile of bodies by the time I decided to extract.

Maybe that could be a feature request? A toggle to disable that bots home in on your location if they hear shots. I like that they use more tactics during firefights, but it would be nice if every raid didn't play out the same way with bots homing in you the moment you fire your first shot.

Excellent mod, but I've got some questions about it.

It seems that it pushes up spawn rates massively? Or is there something else I'm not understanding? I feel like there's a non-stop stream of enemies on many maps. Factory is a good example. There's just never an end to enemies and because they follow gunshots, I feel like I never have any breathing space. Not to mention that every other raid the boss spawns on Factory and it's usually a one-hit kill if he finds me and there often isn't anything I can do to protect myself. I also feel like there are almost always raiders and guards lurking about, which I don't feel was an issue before I installed SAIN.

So I guess my question is, is it possible to slightly reduce spawn rates overall? Especially spawn rates for bosses. I'd like bosses to be a rare event and not something I run into every other raid. Failing that, it would be nice if not every single "tough" enemy honed in on gunshots all the time. It's obviously nice that they do and makes me think twice about picking fights, but it gets really predicable after a while and I would like to be able to pick a fight once in a while without it immediately turning into a whole-server deathmatch.

It would also be nice to be able to restrict how many chads can spawn per server. Every raid I keep running into enemies that require me to dump 2-3 mags (sometimes more) into them before they go down. I know this increases the "realism" by making it more like Live, but it's also kind of why I don't play Live. I don't want to never run into such enemies, but it would be nice if it happened less often. Especially considering once you start a fight with such an enemy, a bunch of others hone in on the location too.

I don't know how far this one is possible, as I haven't looked into modding myself, but it would also be nice if distant enemies who get into firefights with each other broke off the firefight after a while if they were locked in a stalemate. I don't want to disable distant AI entirely, because it's nice to hear distant fights, but the new AI means that NPCs are too "clever" to get killed by each other, so quite often they just spend the entire raid taking potshots at each other. It would be nice to be able to sneak through the resort and be able to listen to footsteps without all sound being drowned out by a distant firefight for the entire raid. :P

Still, these are mostly minor niggles and I can't imagine playing without your mod ever again. It breathes so much life into the game and makes Tarkov feel dead when it's not being used! Thanks for this excellent mod!

PS it might be that your mod doesn't touch spawn rates at all, but it would be interesting to get to the bottom of why I'm constantly being flooded by enemies, especially on small maps like Factory.