What this mod changes:
- Randomizes all trader "barter" items
The algorithm basically looks at the costs for the target item, and then randomly chooses items that are near to the same cost for the trade.
In general, trades should be more sensical and require fewer items.
- Optional "Hardcore" mode that changes most items in the game to barters)! (Excludes ammo/mags)
This also by default:
- Turns off the flea market
- Reduces the require spend for each loyalty tier on traders
- Increase the minimum amount of trades for most items from 1 > 5
- Reduces the amount traders will give your for goods sold to them
All of the above can be turned on/off
- Configurable difficulty
- Configurable seed, let no two play throughs feel the same!
- Share your favourite seed/difficulty multipliers with friends to have the same experience as them!
- PUT this AFTER ALGORITHMIC LEVEL PROGRESSION in the order.json load order!!!
- Should be compatible with almost everything
- There is a config option to support custom traders as well!
Need some pointers for hardcore?
- Fence is critical, use him to buy barter items/scopes/parts, you never know what a barter item he sells might get you.
- Use the "Required for" right click menu option on bartered goods to figure out what they give you.
- Trading between traders is a good strategy, think: pack of smokes > can of tuna > salewa > AKM
- Use "ODT's Item info" so that in raid you know when something is valuable
SHOULD BE COMPATIBLE WITH ALL VERSIONS OF AKI!
If you're really digging the mod, consider supporting my caffeine addiction ☕
=== INSTALL STEPS ===
1. Drag and drop this folder into the user/mods folder.
2. Update your mods/order.json so that this is last on the list.
(this is likely only needed if you have custom quests you would like included)
3. Optionally change your configuration (see below configuration options).
==== Configuration Options ====
// Turn on/off the mod
//Change this to change the randomizer, share seeds and difficulty with friends to get the same outcome!
// These are the DIFFICULTY settings. For cheaper barters (0.2) is lower, more expensive barters is higher (1.5)
// This changes base games barter difficulty
// This changes the cash converted barter difficulty
// This turns on hardcore, which changes most cash items to barters (excluding ammo/mags)
// These are the recommended settings for hardcore, feel free to change them if desired.
// This allows a few of the cheaper items to be purchasable with cash
// Be aware: this isn't a 1:1 rouble value.
// Disables the open flee market (you can still use it to look for trader items)
// Traders' loyalty requirement of cash spent is drastically reduced
// This is to compensate for less cash being used in general
// Increases minimum buy counts from 1 > 5 for traded items
// This is to balance the player using fence for everything
//Turn this on to figure out the correct custom trader name to add to the below "customTradersToInclude"
// This is to add custom traders (Experimental: will be dependent on other modders db changes)
//Will print out the changes for each cash change barter
//Will print out the changes for each barter
- Should help with compatibility with mods that implement items incorrectly with the DB.
- Fixed a bug with cash barters and custom items.
- "Difficulty" has been replaced by two new values:
These values multiply the base items (to be traded for's) prices to figure the rough cost of the total barter items.
For example, if the item costs 100, and the multiplier is 0.5, the traded item value would be 50.
- Completely rewrote the mod, balance feels much closer to live barters.
NOTE: the hardcore mode may present trades that when combined are unbalanced, this is a known side effect of the random nature of this mod.