Escape From tarkov is not installed on your computer even though I have it installed and was playing it a little bit ago

• Server version
    3.7.6 i think?
    Game client version
    actual game version is 0.14.0.1 spt is just the latest
    Client log file
    codepaste.sp-tarkov.com/?3748d…PizUmzXHKjSd2DFtEwLEQPhiV
    BepInEx log file
    codepaste.sp-tarkov.com/?3748d…PizUmzXHKjSd2DFtEwLEQPhiV
    Server log file
    codepaste.sp-tarkov.com/?961f2…FHrLpnPDDBMY5gN2y5SMMCimN
    Have you read the FAQ?
    Yes
    Where did you download your game from?
    I bought EOD like 2 years ago its up to date and everything i reinstalled it like 5 times
    List of used mods
    None right now, fresh copy of spt after it said i dont have tarkov installed

when i try to launch the game it says I dont have tarkov installed I reinstalled and tarkov and spt multiple times and it still doesnt work i dont know what to do and was unable to find any threads with helpful information

at first it says i cant install it to the game directory which it is not in, i put it in a separate folder then it says i dont own tarkov when i try to hit start game a second time screenshots are attached

• billyjoe707 hi bud,

okay so from what I can see it looks like you've either installed SPT on a different drive on your computer to where your Live Tarkov is located OR you have installed SPT in the same directory as your Live Tarkov and I'm suspecting it's the latter one.

Did you really read the FAQ's? It's important that you guys read the information that is available in front of you to hopefully stop problems like this happening but it is what it is and we will fix it so don't worry!

Since making this thread have you managed to fix or do anything with your game?

Roach

• I havent been able to get anything to work, I HAD spt installed in just the main directory of my c drive and tarkov is installed under c/battlestategames/eft since then i moved spt to my desktop inside a folder inside of another folder and reinstalled it multiple times with no luck, I read through all I could find thats even somewhat related to the message im getting and nothing helped.

• Helpful

Folders on your desktop have some protections that might interfere with your SPT install. So does folders like "Program Files", and you should´t use those for this. Try creating an new folder on your C drive, Like "SPT" or something, C:\SPT\, and install it there following the steps recommended on this site. Don't move files from your desktop, those will still inherit the issue and wont work, just start from scratch to make sure it will work.

Good luck!

• Thank you for explaining that R@S, I was going to say something to that effect as well. Certain exceptions on files and/or folders can be removed if/when they are moved to the desktop or to another drive which can become troublesome later on if you don't know what you are doing. Some exceptions either stop or allow Windows accessing these files for a multiple of reasons like for example; to speed up applications/programs, to suspend applications/programs when the computer goes in to hibernation or sleep mode, to protect vital files from an attack such as a malware and spyware attacks and so on..

billyjoe707 how come you moved your SPT on to your desktop and then in to 2 folders? Just asking out of curiosity.

• I moved it to my desktop to see if having it just in its own folder like c/spt was causing problems but the problem persisted so that was not the issue and i made 2 folders so that i could try a fresh install and still have my saved profiles and mods so i dont have to restart everything

I just deleted all of it and emptied the recycle bin, trying to do a new install with a new installer from the website in c/spt and ill see how it goes

Edit: still giving the same error

I just tried doing a manual install following all of the directions and that does the same exact thing with no change (I ieven made a new folder and deleted the auto install versions folder with all my profiles and mods)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!