Server log file
    codepaste.sp-tarkov.com/?7c9ed…gr8XVShgVby1CyPeR8joNb8xk
    Have you read the FAQ?
    Yes
    Where did you download your game from?
    BSG website
    List of used mods
    none

I've been trying to install 3.9.8 and keep getting an invalid checksum error during the downgrade patch.

This happens if I use the installer or if I copy the files and run the patcher manually.

Running a repair on the main game and repeating the install will get the same error but in a different spot in the patch process.

I can play live tarkov

patcher log included

Has anyone else run into this and know of a solution/ workaround?

• Post by Maddog Matt ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
  • I already have 3.9.8 working but i just tried myself with a new blank folder. Live EFT updated to latest and I get stuck using the installer on the step "downloading patcher". Stops at some point here every time. Tried maybe 10 times and could not get it to progress past this point. No clue what is wrong but it clearly is having issues.

EDIT: I tried again and this time it worked for me and it completed successfully. Maybe try deleting the spt-installer cache. I did and it completed after i did this. Type %appdata% into your windows search bar and then delete the spt-installer folder in here and then try running the installer again.

When you say trying to update, what version of SPT are you updating from? If you already have 3.9.x working you do not use the installer. This is for new installs only. To upgrade from a previous 3.9.x version simply download the SPT 3.9.8 7zip and extract it to your SPT install and overwrite all files.

• Last install was 3.8.3

Installer runs fine until it gets to applying the patch. the patcher runs for a short time and then throws the invalid checksum error and quits.

• I am happy to report that I finally got 3.9 to install.

I can't say for sure what the actual issue was, though I suspect files were getting corrupted somewhere in the process.

Steps,

disable windows defender

run BSG launcher as admin

integrity check ----> Fail

repair

run SPT installer as admin

I have tried this multiple times before along with various combinations of copying files manually and nothing worked until now and I have no idea why.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!