Posts by spot

1) Copy EFT to new folder

2) Copy SPT AKI files over new EFT folder contents

3) Copy patcher to new EFT folder, run patcher.exe

4) "File already exists" errors, as stated above

5) Write/run batch script to delete the 12 "already existing" files in the new EFT folder

6) Re-run patcher.exe, reports successful completion

7) Start server, wait until everything reports in, start launcher

/8) Loading screen ad infinitum. Alt+tab in/out a few times, no changes.

The infinite loading screen bug can be bypassed by alt tabbing while on the splash screen then jumping back on and giving it a few and then it’ll load in

No dice. I'm not sure if this is a separate issue or related to the issues with the patcher, but I've looked through all the previous solved issues for the infinite loading screen and tried them, including full delete/reinstall of EFT and SPT assets.

Yes, there's a list of 12 files the patcher says already exist.

\escapefromtarkov_data\sharedassets9.resource

\escapefromtarkov_data\streamingassets\windows\assets\content\audio\voice\missing.bundle

\escapefromtarkov_data\streamingassets\windows\assets\content\items\mods\barrels\barrel_mk16_254mm.bundle

\escapefromtarkov_data\streamingassets\windows\assets\content\weapons\akm\akmn_client_assets.bundle

\escapefromtarkov_data\streamingassets\windows\assets\content\weapons\akm\akms_client_assets.bundle

\escapefromtarkov_data\streamingassets\windows\assets\content\weapons\akm\vpo_209_client_assets.bundle

\escapefromtarkov_data\streamingassets\windows\assets\content\weapons\akm\vpo_client_assets.bundle

\escapefromtarkov_data\streamingassets\windows\assets\content\items\mods\barrels\barrel_mk16_355mm.bundle

\escapefromtarkov_data\streamingassets\windows\assets\content\items\mods\barrels\barrel_mk16_457mm.bundle

\escapefromtarkov_data\streamingassets\windows\assets\content\items\mods\charges\charge_mk16_fn_std.bundle

\escapefromtarkov_data\streamingassets\windows\assets\content\items\mods\sights front\sight_front_mk16_fn_std.bundle

\escapefromtarkov_data\streamingassets\windows\assets\content\items\mods\sights rear\sight_rear_mk16_fn_std.bundle

I deleted them from the copy of EFT(Live) I made and started the patcher again. It completes successfully (or without error at least), then I copied over the SPT AKI files as per the instructions. Once finished, launching everything results in an infinite loading screen.