Posts by jerkinsoff

The part that doesn't make sense is a heavier weapon with parts that increase comfort for aim/use has worse recoil. But, in this case, that seems to not happen. That would be like saying a stock Honda Civic has better handling than one modified for racing. Weight alone should decrease recoil, as the gun can't kick as hard as a result. Ergo being worse only somewhat makes sense from a weight point of view. But if the gun is more easily controlled with the attachments, some of that ergo nerf should be mitigated because control has increased. through better grips and a change in the angle for the supporting arm.

The weight alone simply can't contribute to an amount of recoil reduction sufficient to be perceivable, not with the firearms we have in the game for sure.

As for the ergo, I really don't see why attachments matter all that much in terms ergo itself. The ergo, as we currently have it, seems to be just target/sight acquisition, and I think and underexperienced shooter wouldn't be as quick to lock sights on target, especially with a firearm they're not that familiar with. Things get worse and slower when you have any kind of magnification, and much better with red dots and stuff, of course, but I really doubt that some foregrips and other bells and whistles help you acquire target any faster - they're for recoil and bracing, they won't give your PMC the same skill as someone else, more experienced with the firearm in question, would have.

Attachments are important and stuff, but they shouldn't be the name of the game if we want to talk any semblance of realism in an FPS, really.

Most likely, not.

As far as I understand, all the "live" data that is emulated on the server is the data that the devs managed to obtain via data dumps. I have no idea whether those are official or anything, but the point is, the data that we, the players, get to receive from our locally-run servers is static, i.e. stored in files that are not updated in any automatic/dynamic way, so the only way to obtain this current loot pool from the online version would be to somehow get the current and precise EFT loot pool (which may not even be possible), process that data into the format that our locally-run servers would digest, and then send us all an update to store all the new and current and precise loot pool data in our local server files.

Or have us read that data from some online, constantly running SPT server, which is something surely off the table as the devs said many times because that could lead to people making the whole SPT thing into a COOP, basically competing with the regular EFT at a level that would get some really unwanted attention and then BSG would come to try and shut it all down for good.

This will not answer your question, but the server.exe is just that, a very simple, already complied executable file that you can run win wine, no problem at all. Given that it's a node server, I'd suggest double-checking that you're not missing any dependencies, but it's most likely to start just fine the very first time you run it.

You can do in any way that works best for you, too, be it running it directly via your own terminal like

Code
    $ wine path/to/Aki.Server.exe

or create a Lutris entry. In case you want the latter, though, when configuring the exe, navigate to System settings and turn on the option to run in a command line mode (I don't remember the exact wording, sorry). Both work with identical results for me, so I guess your ubuntu server should be fine as well.

Hit me up if you have any other questions, I just got the whole thing to run on my Linux drive this weekend, so maybe I could help you out in case of trouble.