Posts by FightMeIRLScrub

Here's the link to the video showcasing the 1x & RAPTAR issue:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FNGwitkERloFceYyXn5iYnFp6WNdJNYX/view?usp=sharing

RAPTAR must be already enabled on the weapon for the bug to reproduce.

It also happens with non-RAPTAR weapons that have zoom-toggleable scopes, but only if you don't ADS with the non-RAPTAR weapon when you swap back into the RAPTAR enabled weapon. Once you ADS with the non-RAPTAR weapon's scope, the issue doesn't occur on the RAPTAR enabled weapon when you switch back. With the 1x sight, it happens regardless of ADS or not if you leave the RAPTAR enabled on the other weapon.

Putting the RAPTAR on both weapons will prevent this bug from occurring to begin with based on my testing, regardless of whether they're enabled or not.

I'm guessing the FOV adjustments are applied on ADS, and the order in which the weapons are ADSed are screwing with the FOV adjustments when switching between different scopes.

Again, pretty benign since the odds of it happening is pretty low & the way to resolve the issue is pretty simple.

Hi, just wanted to drop a bug report:

When the RAPTAR rangefinder is equipped, it overrides the current scopes FOV to match the rangefinder's set FOV value whenever you're ADS & turn on the RAPTAR or toggle tactical devices while the RAPTAR is on. Un-ADSing then re-ADSing fixes the scope FOV, but it can be very annoying if I'm ADS & need to toggle my flashlight in the middle of a gunfight, then my scopes FOV goes out the window until I re-ADS just because I have the RAPTAR attached.

I'm assuming BSG copy-pasted the rangefinder code to the RAPTAR attachment to enable the rangefinding function on the attachment, and that's why scope FOV bugs out whenever toggling the RAPTAR, so it might be outside your powers to patch.

As a workaround, is there anyway to input a checkbox in the config menu to disable the rangefinder FOV adjustments entirely? If I'm using the RAPTAR w/ a scope, I think there's little point in carrying the pocket range finder & thus enabling the FOV adjustments it would need to be functional at higher FOVs.

Absolutely love the mod otherwise, thanks for the great work!