Posts by TheMagicalKing

You can easily deduce that if a round with pen lower than required to defeat the armor you're wearing one tapped you, it bypassed the armor hitbox. I fail to see how knowing if a round penetrated the armor vs. it bypassed the armor plate would change the fact that you died or help you not die in the future.

alright, do you have the armor plate layout for all the armors somewhere easily accesible?

Getting told where you get hit and if it penetrates the armor plate or not helps with positioning and knowing whether or not "Ahh I was an idiot because I stood badly" instead of just having the kill shot be 5.56 warmaggedon thorax

The round could have gone through the side, shoulder, upper chest, neck, or below the plate. The round didn't go through the armor. If you know about the armor zones I don't understand what the issue is that you're reporting? Why is it not enough for it say thorax? You can deduce what happened, and at the end of the day if you died you died and knowing how the round bypassed the armor won't change that. I probably can't even change the death screen if I wanted to.

The issue seems to be the missing feedback of where the bullet impacted. When you just die and all the end screen message is saying is "thorax" it doesn't give much of a chance to improve and gives the belief that the bullet just seemingly went straight through the plate instead of hitting anything at all.

If nothing can be done about the end screen then that's what that is

Did you look at the mod's features, and the overview page tab on ballistics?

Which parts of the ballistics tab are you refering too specifically?

Because I see the parts about armor having zones and I see the chart you made and I also see your reference to the Wikipedia for real armor classes/types.

But if the warmaggeddon went through the side then that's also fine but then having the death screen just say "thorax" wouldn't be enough, personally anyways

Hey ho.

I've got no idea what's causing this problem in itself, but admittedly there's a pretty big problem in my opinion when a warmaggedon bullet can pierce a PM10 armor, I've got no idea if that's just incredibly bad luck or if there's an actual problem here.

If you need anything more from my site specifically let me know I've attached a screendump of the mods that I'm running

The only settings affecting armor that I've changed through SVM has been the setting for permanent damage when repairing armor.