Posts by tarkov_bob

I also know what you mean by bots homing in on you. I did a raid on lab and stood at the Hangar Gate extract and just kept shooting enemies as they came walking in through the doors. There was a massive pile of bodies by the time I decided to extract.

Maybe that could be a feature request? A toggle to disable that bots home in on your location if they hear shots. I like that they use more tactics during firefights, but it would be nice if every raid didn't play out the same way with bots homing in you the moment you fire your first shot.

The problem is they seem to record the location of your last loud sound with pinpoint accuracy in 3D, even when they are engaged in a firefight on the other side of the map. Not only is their distant hearing too accurate, they are able to pick out an individuals sounds and if they are a 'hostile/scav' or not.

It is possible to crouch walk at the slowest speed to a new spot, but we really shouldn't have to go to these lengths to get away, particularly when bots are actively busy with much closer sounds or multiple sounds at once. I don't think they are affected at all by sound masking which means if you're not using the slowest crouch walk, they hear everything regardless of the situation.

So I was happily playing the new SAIN beta, I think I've done about 20 raids, with no major issues. Saw a few guys stuck and that's probably about it.

Now all of a sudden now nobody wants to shoot and the game will freeze if I kill someone (at random). Before when a raid started it would sound like WW3 for a few minutes, but now it's dead silent for the most part. I'm running the full stack of mods recommended by SAIN with the addition of the checkmarks UI mod.

I thought it might have been my loadout, but even playing as a scav has the same problem.

I tried clearing the cache (using the SPT installer method) to little effect. Is there some other persistent cache that could be responsible?

The logs don't reveal anything interesting, except these:

I haven't tried starting a fresh game (or reinstalling tarkov), but that's next on my todo list.

I killed 15 bots in this doorway alone.

It would be nice if the bots could actually be aware of obvious killzones like this, perhaps throwing in a random grenade into them, or blacklisting traversal through them.