Posts by Rook

While most of these things are possible, FAIT's spawning UI is already more cramped and confusing than I'd prefer it to be, so something like this is better suited to being its own mod.

That said, all of these things save the configurable distance are more or less doable via FAIT's advanced spawn config, though you'd have to set it up to your preference on each individual map.

Thanks for the response, Fin. I may have posted too soon. Perhaps it was the changes I made in the Advanced spawn config, but the first time I tried implementing the changes, it spawned everyone in the same zone. This second time around, I simply used your "Immediate" spawn, even distribution, and zone limit parameters and that has done the trick. I'm still tweaking the maximum number, to try and reduce the strain on my PC (I start losing some FPS when everyone is on the map), but it's working great otherwise.

Good day,

I've had this idea in my head for a while, hoping to get some feedback and see if it's possible to achieve with your mod(s).

The idea: Upon loading into a map, within a configurable time-window (within 5min?), all AI waves spawn across the map, up to a preset limit (I'm thinking 10-20).

- Spawn points are "randomly" selected and a limited 1-5 bots are spawned at any one location. i.e. Player spawns near the Customs building on Customs: some AI might spawn around the Big Red building, some will spawn across the riverbed, some might spawn at dorms/gas/checkpoint.

- Limit can be configured per map

- Configurable no waves, or, AI waves after a certain time-window and with a configurable distance to the player i.e. Not closer than 500m on large maps.

Would appreciate hearing if any of this is possible.