Posts by PanzerKadaver

I've been having a really hard time with this. What's the point in wearing a rifle rated body armor like the CQC Osprey MK4A when a 9x18 SMG kills me in one burst to the torso anyway? Is something bugged? When I do survive, my torso is practically caved in from blunt damage and I may also need to apply two tourniquets to the same arm. I do appreciate the work you've put into this, but I'm not sure if this is right. The only two mods I have are this and Solarint's SAIN.

Because that's how a real ballistic protection work (hence the "Realism" in the name of the mod).

Modern plates are here to, some extent, remove the risk of chest penetration from bullets (which in RL will most certainly kill you on the spot or shortly after) at the cost of increasing the risk of blunt damages (which in RL will make you faint with some cracked/broken ribs*).

So-called "anti-trauma plates" mitigate that blunt effect but a little (mostly to reduce the risk of a broken rib saying "hello, fuck you" to one of your lung).

TLDR :

- Soft armor : lower blunt damage, higher risk of penetration

- Ballistic armor : higher blunt damage, lower risk of penetration

*And, usually, in RL you are not fighting alone, you have some battle buddies around you that can drag you behind a cover if you briefly faint after a "poke"