CTD on startup/Infinite loading screen, no fixes working.

• Server version
    Game client version
    Client log file
    codepaste.sp-tarkov.com/?66465…XtARPxSr2F8g1bqQFv2Eo8PCQ
    Server log file
    codepaste.sp-tarkov.com/?75335…3XWdxUD7zJyTD9nv4xrTGGjC7
    Have you read the FAQ?
    Yes
    Where did you download your game from?
    BSG
    List of used mods
    None

So i found out about SPT today, got interested, downloaded a fresh EFT installation,played a few raids in the live game, installed SPT-AKI and the 2.01 version the way described on the site. Some error messages popped up that i should upgrade my .NET frameworks, which i did, using the links from the SPT website as well. Then as soon as i booted the launcher, the game loads for a couple of seconds, flashes a black screen and immediately crashes. I tried everything in the FAQ and a bunch of threads, made sure the versions are correct, and even checked the registry to make sure all the .net frameworks are installed cause those seemed to be the most common reasons for the problem. Then i tried downgrading to 1.51 for a different version of tarkov, and now the game boots up via the launcher but i get the infinite splash/menu screen bug with no buttons ever appearing. I've exhausted all the options and really don't know what could be causing this issue. Maybe i installed the .net frameworks wrong somehow, cause in the back of my mind this still seems like the most likely issue, but i dunno, it seems to me like they're all there and working. I checked in the cmd menu, the registry and even downloaded dotnetversion to make sure i have them all. If anyone here could offer their expertise i'd love to hear from you.

• you could try this: link it's a .net repair tool from Microsoft.

from all the posts I've seen i also head towards a .net error too,

try this and see, does 3.5 and 4.7.2

I have never used this tool though so I'm unsure if it's actually effective at repairing .net though

PLEASE DON'T DM ME FOR SUPPORT, UNLESS I ASK YOU TO, I WILL NOT ANSWER THEM.

I DO NOW HAVE THE POWER TO BONK SO DON'T DO THE ABOVE!

WEEWOO :kekw:

• So someone else had a similar issue:

Solved, or rather disappeared.

Yesterday I started from scratch, deleted everything, both the EFT copy and the SPT-AKI.

I copied back the SAME EFT files, re-downloaded the AKI, re-installed the NET Framework (didn't install any) and it works.

Either the AKI was downloaded corrupted or it was decompressed wrong. This is the only possibility.

Follow what they did and see if anything changes

PLEASE DON'T DM ME FOR SUPPORT, UNLESS I ASK YOU TO, I WILL NOT ANSWER THEM.

I DO NOW HAVE THE POWER TO BONK SO DON'T DO THE ABOVE!

WEEWOO :kekw:

• i just want to add this one thing... I too was experiencing this difficulty for quite some time with no resolve. after a while i finally realized that i had been using the down grader patch. i never needed the downgrader lol if you have tried everything you could and are trying to run the patcher. dont... just put in the aki install and try that! worked for me!

• I have a similar issue but the game never crashes and closes, it just stays in the initial loading screen.
    I've done the fixes I've heard such as a fresh reinstall of not just SPT but Tarkov as a whole, that didn't help. I've tried running with and without mods to no avail, I've tried with and without the patcher, also nothing. I have the 2.01 version of SPT and have all the necessary .net runtimes (I've reinstalled and repaired each type of .net too).

This is my first time using SPT and I really wanna try it out. The only way I can think at this point for it not working is me completely screwing up the install of SPT but I don't think that's the case as the server will start, the launcher will and the game will, just it won't load and also throws no errors in the server console. Super lost and confused, if anyone can help it'd be appreciated.

• @Nuzzles The downgrade patcher is currently outdated it seems,have to wait for a newer version

Oh that makes sense why it's not working, must have chosen an unfortunate time to try start using SPT lol. Is it normally updated fast or is this a couple weeks wait type of thing?

• No Idea,I'm new myself.But you can see there in version history it has been updated twice this week, eft got a small patch today I'm guessing.So yeah bad timing for us

• DeadlyFirex

Set the Label from In progress to Unresolved

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!