Yes
    Where did you download your game from?
    https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/
    List of used mods
    allinone
    coremods
    Q honey badger
    SCAR-H

Hey guys. I've been trying to get my game to run at a decent FPS ever since I bought the game this week but it's really low for me. I average around 25-45 FPS but my specs should get better. All other games I play do not suffer this issue, just Tarkov.

- RTX 2080

- i7-9700K

- Ripjaws DDR4 3600 MHz 32 gigs RAM (XMP enabled)

- game installed on NVME SSD

I tried changing all graphics setting to lowest and resolution to 1920 x 1080 (my monitor is 3440 x 1440) and the FPS would literally stay the same.

I've pretty much searched everywhere for a potential fix and tried everything I could find to no avail.

What I noticed is that the game uses very little CPU (20-30%) and A LOT of RAM (8-10GB on menu, 20-26GB during raids).

What I have done so far trying to fix the problem, to no avail:

- changing around all the in-game settings: turned off or use lowest of all graphics settings, turning on/off "auto RAM cleaner" and "use only physical threads", tried different resolutions including custom resolutions.

- changing around all the NVIDIA settings

- updated to latest GPU drivers

- verify file integrity/reinstalled game

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Really want to play the game but the experience is just too awful right now.

Edited 3 times, last by gizmo0601 ().

• Changing the resolution to 1920x1080 really doesn't help with FPS, if it does help its a very, very small increase in performance.

However, changing how many AI/bots that will be loaded/spawned on to each map will have a drastic effect on your FPS, if your computer is tanking on FPS just lower the amount of AI for that particular map. Also try lowering or disabling Shadows and HBAO and turn off unnecessary graphical settings e.g. Grass Shadows, Chromatic Aberration etc.. doing these things has massively helped me with performance but its all about trial and error and testing what works best for you and your computer.

Roach

• Changing the resolution to 1920x1080 really doesn't help with FPS, if it does help its a very, very small increase in performance.

However, changing how many AI/bots that will be loaded/spawned on to each map will have a drastic effect on your FPS, if your computer is tanking on FPS just lower the amount of AI for that particular map. Also try lowering or disabling Shadows and HBAO and turn off unnecessary graphical settings e.g. Grass Shadows, Chromatic Aberration etc.. doing these things has massively helped me with performance but its all about trial and error and testing what works best for you and your computer.

I'm playing at 3440 x 1440 resolution for other games, and that's a huge increase from 1080P, so normally it should absolutely at least double, if not triple my FPS.

I've already tried the game on the absolutely lowest graphics settings with all those stuffs like HBAO turned off, doesn't improve the FPS at all just like for resolution, when they are supposed to boost it a lot. Hence why this seems really weird to me.

I usually just select high or horde for bots, so you might be right about this lowering the FPS. I will try out medium for comparison. But my CPU usage is like 20-25%, so it's silly that this option which should be CPU intensive would barely use any CPU but instead chooses to tank the FPS.

• I'm playing at 3440 x 1440 resolution for other games, and that's a huge increase from 1080P, so normally it should absolutely at least double, if not triple my FPS.

I've already tried the game on the absolutely lowest graphics settings with all those stuffs like HBAO turned off, doesn't improve the FPS at all just like for resolution, when they are supposed to boost it a lot. Hence why this seems really weird to me.

I usually just select high or horde for bots, so you might be right about this lowering the FPS. I will try out medium for comparison. But my CPU usage is like 20-25%, so it's silly that this option which should be CPU intensive would barely use any CPU but instead chooses to tank the FPS.

Playing at a higher resolution depending on if the game that you are playing is CPU and/or GPU intensive drastically tanks your FPS because more processing power is needed, playing at 1080p is usually the best but like you I also have a 1440p monitor and it's lovely.

What FPS was you averaging when playing on the lowest settings just out of curiosity? I tested this last week and of course my/our game would look like shit running down a wall but I had a stable 100 FPS even at 3440x1440, I didn't have time to test it with x amount of AI/Bots in raid which I might do at some point.

Yeah I wouldn't recommend turning the amount of bots to Horde or High there's no point to it, always leave it to Like Online. I believe Tarkov is more GPU intensive than CPU so that's more than likely why you are seeing 20-25% usage.

Roach

• Playing at a higher resolution depending on if the game that you are playing is CPU and/or GPU intensive drastically tanks your FPS because more processing power is needed, playing at 1080p is usually the best but like you I also have a 1440p monitor and it's lovely.

What FPS was you averaging when playing on the lowest settings just out of curiosity? I tested this last week and of course my/our game would look like shit running down a wall but I had a stable 100 FPS even at 3440x1440, I didn't have time to test it with x amount of AI/Bots in raid which I might do at some point.

Yeah I wouldn't recommend turning the amount of bots to Horde or High there's no point to it, always leave it to Like Online. I believe Tarkov is more GPU intensive than CPU so that's more than likely why you are seeing 20-25% usage.

I actually just tried the game with bots number on "medium" and "as in online" and it's almost still the same FPS lol, maybe marginally improved by 5 FPS? Anyway it's hardly noticeable and I honestly would be surprised if it improved since it seems to me the game's FPS is basically locked down by something considering graphics settings don't affect it at all. So doubt CPU related stuffs would help especially since CPU usage is really low, at 20-26% (which is tied to the amounts of bots, whereas GPU controls graphics-side of things.

I get between 30-50 FPS with everything on low and running 1080p, depends on the map too. Basically the same as everything on ultra/high lol.

• Decreasing resolution can help.

I have a pretty strong rig aswell and still run om 30FPS, all of the bot calculations are done by your own PC instead of the server. Decrease bots, that's about as much as you can do for your FPS.

This is mostly going to be a dead end, therefor closing

Catching bugs :notlikethis:

• DeadlyFirex

Set the Label from In progress to Unresolved

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!