Sell to Flea Market

• "You need your own API key now to use tarkov-market (5 requests per minute isn't enough anymore with so many users)"

The only way to get a tarkov-market API key is to donate to their patreon. Does this update mean that we now need to pay someone else to use a the "real value" part of this mod?

Yes that is correct and I personally don't like the idea of paying a monthly subscription on Patreon for what effectively should be a free mod just like every other mod on this website. If people have the money to splash out on this fair play to them but unless the price of it comes down a bit I'll wait until then.

Roach

• Yes that is correct and I personally don't like the idea of paying a monthly subscription on Patreon for what effectively should be a free mod just like every other mod on this website. If people have the money to splash out on this fair play to them but unless the price of it comes down a bit I'll wait until then.

Yeah same, I don't feel like paying for just the API key. Too bad I guess.

• Where is the market data stored? If someone would be willing to post a snapshot of current price data, that would be really useful for those of us who don't need regular updates.

• SP-AKI without my mod already uses a snapshot of real prices, and there are other mods, like butter that do the same. I'm sorry I had to limit the mod to paid API keys only, but unfortunately, the mod was completely unplayable before, since everybody was using my API key for free, and everyone kept hitting the request limit.

If I knew any free alternatives to getting real life price data, I'd use that, but for now, tarkov-market is the only reliable one that I've found.

• It's not your fault about the API key, I understand why it had to be that way. We all appreciate your work on the mod.

Just a suggestion: if the mod had the ability to import a set of local data rather than an API call to tarkov-market, a regular dump of the market data (monthly or whatever makes sense) could be hosted elsewhere to be manually downloaded by those of us who don't need live market data.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!