Fontaine's FOV Fix & Variable Optics

• have to somehow tell the client to treat those scopes a special way, so far that's the only stat I could see that wouldn't mess everything up. I'll try and figure out a better solution in future

Ah well either way, thanks for the hard work, looking forward to future updates, you consistently embarrass BSG with the quality of these mods

• Hi, Fontaine! Thanks for the variable optics!
    I'm running into an issue, like others said before, parts of the weapon are disappearing when adsing (version 1.6.2). Another thing I noticed is with the Elcan (I know it isn't variable). With it when I press the toggle zoom button (the EFT one) it toggles this effect of invisible parts on this scope. And when I press the Zoom-in button (from your mod) it flickers in and out (video linked), it only works when I use the button + mouseScroll.

Then I switch to the vudu, the invisible parts are still happening. No laser device showing.

I had your previous version, and NotGregs' sensitivity fix, I uninstalled both and still the same issue. I'm using Geff's scope overhaul.

• Have you updated to 1.6.2?

• getting an error while trying to load profile data that says "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: source" any ideas why this is? im on aki 3.5.8, using mod version 1.6.2, version 1.5.1 still works fine so ill just stick to that in the meantime.

• I can't reproduce any of this. Uninstall the mod (including server files), redownload it, test it by itself

getting an error while trying to load profile data that says "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: source" any ideas why this is? im on aki 3.5.8, using mod version 1.6.2, version 1.5.1 still works fine so ill just stick to that in the meantime.

that's an issue on your end, make sure to check patch notes about compatibility

• I can't reproduce any of this. Uninstall the mod (including server files), redownload it, test it by itself

that's an issue on your end, make sure to check patch notes about compatibility

hey, so I did a bit of testing and it seems to be the realism mod causing it. yes, im using the bridge, doesnt seem to work? disabling this mod or realism fixes my game, but both at once causes the issue.

• hey, so I did a bit of testing and it seems to be the realism mod causing it. yes, im using the bridge, doesnt seem to work? disabling this mod or realism fixes my game, but both at once causes the issue.

You're either using and older version of Realism or you aren't using the right bridge. There's nothing more I can do here with little detail and no error log.

• Hi!

I've come back with some more conclusive results, as promised in my comment.

Turns out something regarding animations breaks whenever I install the latest version of the FOVfix.

The way I reproduce the issue is by doing enough separate, relatively consecutive animations (eating food, swapping guns after, and then throwing a nade).

Unfortunately the error spam is so big that it came out to 11mb and it cannot be uploaded to SPT. I have uploaded the latest errors before the crash (the SAIN error is unrelated. Never happened again, as I was trying to nade a Sniper Scav and it couldn't find a hide-point.)

I hope this helps.

Here is all the additional information.

Symptoms: animation lockup, according to shadow. Looks like my guy is hunched over and stuck. Kinda like the previous healing anim bug, but this time with anything. Opening the inventory will soft lock the player. Quitting via the menu is possible in some cases, others require a full alt+f4.

Reproducing measures: grab a lot of food, water and nades. Start using them. Eventually, the bug will happen.

Mods that could interfere: SamSwat FOV (latest), Geff's Scope and Red dot overhaul (updated version from you.)
    Custom items: excluded intentionally to prevent conflicts. No difference in result.
    Other mods relating to animations: SSH combat overhaul. Tested but made no difference.
    SPT version: 3.5.8
    Pirated? No. SPT launcher is present, and a clean copy of the game was made for testing (can be retested upon request).

I can grab a more extended error log if need be, but that one is the one that kills my game. Thank you in advance for the consideration and I hope that the info provided is sufficient.

EDIT: additional parameters;

Realism mod? No realism mod usage in my game.
    Fontaine's Combat overhaul: no.

• Try with no other mods installed, neither of the compatibility bridge plugins installed, making sure the included server mod is installed.

• Fontaine added a new version:

Fontaine's FOV Fix v1.6.2 for SPT AKI 3.5.8 - HOTFIX 2

Fixes:

• Fixed Vudu having the clipping issue under certain circumstances.

Changes:

• Better Sensitivity Calculation: big thanks to notGreg for allowing me to implement his sensitivity calculations from Uniform Aim. I've modified it slightly to work with FOV Fix. The reduction in sensitivity with magnification is now a lot smoother and tied to the actual FOV of the scope, and should take into account main game FOV and should properly take into account the other config FOV settings.
  • Try with no other mods installed, neither of the compatibility bridge plugins installed, making sure the included server mod is installed.

Indeed tested. Found a more specific issue. The NCSTAR (dogshit futuristic) scope is the one that hates it.
    Errors start to pop up when I swap to the secondary sight in the hideout. To confirm, I tried the same with the Schmidt&Bender 8x and it has no issue. I have picked up the HAMR with a Leupold to test that too but it has no issue.

Here is the updated error. Could be related. Hope it helps!

[Exception] : IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

EFT.InventoryLogic.SightComponent.GetCurrentOpticZoom () (at <89c8c8aab2ad44ff89f90df9bc38d688>:0)

FOVFix.method_20Patch.PatchPostfix (EFT.Animations.ProceduralWeaponAnimation& __instance) (at <2c71f0456e434e7fa9ffd40078b3b8cb>:0)

(wrapper dynamic-method) EFT.Animations.ProceduralWeaponAnimation.DMD<EFT.Animations.ProceduralWeaponAnimation::method_20>(EFT.Animations.ProceduralWeaponAnimation)

(wrapper dynamic-method) EFT.Animations.ProceduralWeaponAnimation.DMD<EFT.Animations.ProceduralWeaponAnimation::set_IsAiming>(EFT.Animations.ProceduralWeaponAnimation,bool)

GClass1596.SetAiming (System.Boolean aim) (at <89c8c8aab2ad44ff89f90df9bc38d688>:0)

EFT.Player+FirearmController.set_IsAiming (System.Boolean value) (at <89c8c8aab2ad44ff89f90df9bc38d688>:0)

EFT.Player+FirearmController+GClass1550.SetAiming (System.Boolean isAiming) (at <89c8c8aab2ad44ff89f90df9bc38d688>:0)

EFT.Player+FirearmController.SetAim (System.Boolean value) (at <89c8c8aab2ad44ff89f90df9bc38d688>:0)

Class1384.TranslateCommand (EFT.InputSystem.ECommand command) (at <89c8c8aab2ad44ff89f90df9bc38d688>:0)

EFT.PlayerOwner.TranslateCommand (EFT.InputSystem.ECommand command) (at <89c8c8aab2ad44ff89f90df9bc38d688>:0)

EFT.GamePlayerOwner.TranslateCommand (EFT.InputSystem.ECommand command) (at <89c8c8aab2ad44ff89f90df9bc38d688>:0)

EFT.HideoutPlayerOwner.TranslateCommand (EFT.InputSystem.ECommand command) (at <89c8c8aab2ad44ff89f90df9bc38d688>:0)

EFT.InputSystem.InputNode.TranslateInput (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] commands, System.Single[]& axes, EFT.InputSystem.ECursorResult& shouldLockCursor) (at <89c8c8aab2ad44ff89f90df9bc38d688>:0)

EFT.InputSystem.InputNodeAbstract.TranslateInput (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] commands, System.Single[]& axes, EFT.InputSystem.ECursorResult& shouldLockCursor) (at <89c8c8aab2ad44ff89f90df9bc38d688>:0)

EFT.InputSystem.InputManager.method_3 (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] commandsList, System.Single[] axesList) (at <89c8c8aab2ad44ff89f90df9bc38d688>:0)

EFT.InputSystem.InputManager.method_2 () (at <89c8c8aab2ad44ff89f90df9bc38d688>:0)

EFT.InputSystem.InputManager.Update () (at <89c8c8aab2ad44ff89f90df9bc38d688>:0)

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)

Class311:UnityEngine.ILogHandler.LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

[Exception] : IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

EFT.InventoryLogic.SightComponent.GetCurrentOpticZoom () (at <89c8c8aab2ad44ff89f90df9bc38d688>:0)

FOVFix.method_20Patch.PatchPostfix (EFT.Animations.ProceduralWeaponAnimation& __instance) (at <2c71f0456e434e7fa9ffd40078b3b8cb>:0)

(wrapper dynamic-method) EFT.Animations.ProceduralWeaponAnimation.DMD<EFT.Animations.ProceduralWeaponAnimation::method_20>(EFT.Animations.ProceduralWeaponAnimation)

(wrapper dynamic-method) EFT.Animations.ProceduralWeaponAnimation.DMD<EFT.Animations.ProceduralWeaponAnimation::method_22>(EFT.Animations.ProceduralWeaponAnimation,int)

GClass2921`1[T].method_0 (T newState) (at <89c8c8aab2ad44ff89f90df9bc38d688>:0)

BindableState[T].set_Value (T value) (at <89c8c8aab2ad44ff89f90df9bc38d688>:0)

(wrapper dynamic-method) EFT.Player+FirearmController.DMD<EFT.Player+FirearmController::ChangeAimingMode>(EFT.Player/FirearmController)

Class1384.TranslateCommand (EFT.InputSystem.ECommand command) (at <89c8c8aab2ad44ff89f90df9bc38d688>:0)

EFT.PlayerOwner.TranslateCommand (EFT.InputSystem.ECommand command) (at <89c8c8aab2ad44ff89f90df9bc38d688>:0)

EFT.GamePlayerOwner.TranslateCommand (EFT.InputSystem.ECommand command) (at <89c8c8aab2ad44ff89f90df9bc38d688>:0)

EFT.HideoutPlayerOwner.TranslateCommand (EFT.InputSystem.ECommand command) (at <89c8c8aab2ad44ff89f90df9bc38d688>:0)

EFT.InputSystem.InputNode.TranslateInput (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] commands, System.Single[]& axes, EFT.InputSystem.ECursorResult& shouldLockCursor) (at <89c8c8aab2ad44ff89f90df9bc38d688>:0)

EFT.InputSystem.InputNodeAbstract.TranslateInput (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] commands, System.Single[]& axes, EFT.InputSystem.ECursorResult& shouldLockCursor) (at <89c8c8aab2ad44ff89f90df9bc38d688>:0)

EFT.InputSystem.InputManager.method_3 (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] commandsList, System.Single[] axesList) (at <89c8c8aab2ad44ff89f90df9bc38d688>:0)

EFT.InputSystem.InputManager.method_2 () (at <89c8c8aab2ad44ff89f90df9bc38d688>:0)

EFT.InputSystem.InputManager.Update () (at <89c8c8aab2ad44ff89f90df9bc38d688>:0)

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)

Class311:UnityEngine.ILogHandler.LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

• I can't reproduce, the NCSTAR works for me, try reinstalling the mod fully and testing it by itself

• I can't reproduce, the NCSTAR works for me, try reinstalling the mod fully and testing it by itself

Well I found out why you can't reproduce it.

Profile got partially corrupted. Given that I have not received this error on the previous version of the FOV fix, I'm gonna say that it got fucky after the new update. Fresh profile does not show this error.

Thankfully, SPT profile editor exists.

• Well I found out why you can't reproduce it.

Profile got partially corrupted. Given that I have not received this error on the previous version of the FOV fix, I'm gonna say that it got fucky after the new update. Fresh profile does not show this error.

Thankfully, SPT profile editor exists.

This mod doesn't add any new items or permanently modify existing ones or interact with your profile so I don't see how that could happen. Maybe you had modded items left over in your profile file somewhere

• Fontaine added a new version:

Fontaine's FOV Fix v1.6.4 for SPT AKI 3.5.8 - HOTFIX 58923: The Return of the Fix: The Re-fixening.

Fixes:

• Fixed FPS dropping close to 0 when using non-magnified optics outside of hideout (sorry ;()
  • You're either using and older version of Realism or you aren't using the right bridge. There's nothing more I can do here with little detail and no error log.

you're right my bad, I should have given a log to begin with, I would like to say though that I am positive I was using the latest version of both, and to back that up ive just updated to the newest version of each mod that came out today and the error persists.

happens with new saves and old saves created without this new version

2023.07.16_3-01-07_0.13.0.5.23399 errors.txt

Edited once, last by Flame ().

• Thank you for making this mod! I am half blind it feels like so it is nice to be able to zoom more.

I am encountering an issue when I zoom in. I have seen many complaints of the sensitivity being too high while zooming in, but mine seems to drop drastically, to the point I need to use my across my entire mousepad to make even minor adjustments.

I have done a fresh install/reset config/set sens to 70-90 to no prevail. I am also on the latest version (1.6.4).

Thanks in advance! Please let me know if you need more info!

• you're right my bad, I should have given a log to begin with, I would like to say though that I am positive I was using the latest version of both, and to back that up ive just updated to the newest version of each mod that came out today and the error persists.

happens with new saves and old saves created without this new version

2023.07.16_3-01-07_0.13.0.5.23399 errors.txt

That error is to do with ammo, if the error only happens when Realism then it's likely Realism mod is the culprit. Post in that mod's support thread, but first try a different profile, only Realism by itself with 0 other mods installed, clear your cache.

Increase your game's aiming sensitivity

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!