GPU: Nvidia RYX 4080

GPU Driver version: 552.12

Second, many big thanks for the 3.8.0 build dev teams

But there big main issue, LOW FPS and performance

in the several map, it only has 30-45 FPS

except at factory maps will get 100++ FPS

the worst performance at the interchange , it only gets 12 fps

the worst of the worst is street of tarkov,maybe 5-8 FPS

in the previous build (3.7.6) it's run smoothly, it's like 85-100 fps on several maps

in the factory, it can run at maximum FPS

I hope can get an explanation about what going on in this build (3.8.0) Thank You

• Unfortunately there is a widespread issue of low FPS with the 3.8.0 release. There is also major stuttering due to the way BSG changed bot spawns and/or path finding and there is a massive memory leak as well. Right now i cannot even complete a raid due to the memory leak and my game just quitting with a CTD when i get near an extract in the last 1/4 of a raid.

I managed to tweak some Windows settings and edit the SPT boot.config file to get more performance and I am able to hit my 140 FPS cap. I play at 1440p resolution. However the FPS dips by quite a lot and the game is very stuttery when bots spawn in. I can see swings of 135 to 65 FPS and complete pauses over 1 second long, even with my very good CPU. Some raids are basically unplayable the way it is now.

These were the same settings i used for 3.7.6 and that version ran flawlessly and was very smooth with the game staying close to my 140 FPS cap for basically the entire raid, except for the Streets map of course.

For reference I have a 7800X3D, RTX 4070 Ti, 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30, game runs off a NVMe drive.

These issue are affecting some players a lot more than others. This is something that the SPT devs are going to have to test and work out what is going on which will take time. Be patient and i am sure they will be able to fix it. In the meantime i think i will go back to my 3.7.6 install which thankfully i did not delete.

• Hi Maddog thanks for reacting to my thread, right now I'm using processLassoo to tune my CPU for better FPS but not long, and how to edit the SPT boot.config file for tuning the FPS and what should i tuning at that file thank you

• Tried this?

I can confirm, 3.8.0 is full of stutters and low FPS, especially Lighthouse and Streets, but not limited to these.

It goes to 20FPS on streets sometimes with boss spawns on the map, it's hilarious and makes me scream NEXT SLIDE, PLEASE!!!

I won't mention my system specs, because I'm aware of BSG's untalented developers mixed with Unity as an unoptimized engine.

We can only wait and hope the SPT devs will nail it in the patch as much as they can, because I lost all hope in BSG a long time ago.

• Hi Maddog thanks for reacting to my thread, right now I'm using processLassoo to tune my CPU for better FPS but not long, and how to edit the SPT boot.config file for tuning the FPS and what should i tuning at that file thank you

I use the "only use physical cores" option turned on in game. Then i set process lasso for the Tarkov.exe to always disable SMT.

Then go to your EscapeFromTarkov_Data folder in your SPT 3.8.0 install. Open boot.config in notepad. Delete everything and copy and paste this text.

gfx-enable-gfx-jobs=1

gfx-enable-native-gfx-jobs=1

gfx-disable-mt-rendering=1

wait-for-native-debugger=0

vr-enabled=0

hdr-display-enabled=0

gc-max-time-slice=10

job-worker-count=7

single-instance=

Save and hopefully you will get better FPS in game. I already adjusted the job worker count for your CPU. You have 8 physical cores so you want to set it to one less.

The other thing that can help a lot is going to graphics settings in windows and in the graphics performance preference part adding the tarkov.exe in your SPT 3.8.0 folder and setting it to run with high performance.

Additionally you can also download the latest DLSS update file from Techpowerup and replace the old file in your

SPT 3.8.0\EscapeFromTarkov_Data\Plugins\x86_64 folder.

Normally DLSS in SPT does not increase FPS much but the newer versions of DLSS do seem to help a little more if you want to extract all the FPS you can get. You can always replace the original DLSS file from your Live EFT install if you need to if you are having any problems with it.

Hope this helps. Doing these things boosted my FPS significantly to the point that in 3.7.6 i was close to 120-140 FPS for the entire raid with lots of bots active. In 3.8.0 I am still getting stutters even though my FPS is close to 140 unfortunately.

• hey thanks for the tips, maybe it can boosting my performance game

• Just to let you know that there are new versions of both Waypoints mod and also SWAG & Donuts that greatly improve the game performance.

The tips i gave you earlier are still worth doing as they will improve the overall SPT performance but these new mod versions will fix 3.8.0 specific issues that were happening. Mainly the bad stutters and FPS drops that were occurring when bots spawned in.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!