Senko Aio - Debug - Modapi
    Responsive Fence
    Zero Sights Every Raid
    Pockets Thiccer than Nikitas
    Sell to flea market
    LightsNlasers
    Advanced Bot Loadouts
    Bigger Bang

Hi, I'm Jay, New to modding on spt. I was playing SPT and I was thinking of mods that id like to download and couldn't find any that fit what I needed. So I thought I would take it into my own hands and make them. I'm just trying to find out where the best place to start modding the game would be. Certain programs, tools, what language are most mods made in, any tutorials to kinda kick start creation? I made some mods back in the day for Skyrim but that's over 6 years ago. I'd honestly love to create mods and content for this project so any hints or tips are a big plus!

• Any answers yet xD? I'd actually like to know where to start as well, I'm currently just fiddling with the current created mods, but I would really like to know how to create new mods.

I've seen somewhere that you can make them using c# and javascript, but I can't find it where again ;(

• Best bet would be to join the Guilded server, as there are a few bits of documentation there.
    There is also some documentation on the docs website.

I actually gave the docs a look but they are so vague that I would go as far as to say that they did as much as if they didn't even exist xD

Basically I learned more (which was too little) from fiddling with existing mods than looking at the docs (the only thing taht actually helped me was the ID list there). That is unless there was something I missed there :/ .

I already applied to Guilded, I'll wait to be allowed in :P

Thank you for the help tho ^_^!

• Yeah it is a case of having a look at a few simple mods to get an idea of the structure, the un-compiled server is here and you can find everything you could want to hook into there. After that its all java script know how (which I still lack myself, but this is a great project to learn with, all my mods are dead simple so may be a reasonable place to start? mysterious keys is one simple for loop through items.json for instance.)

• Yeah it is a case of having a look at a few simple mods to get an idea of the structure, the un-compiled server is here and you can find everything you could want to hook into there. After that its all java script know how (which I still lack myself, but this is a great project to learn with, all my mods are dead simple so may be a reasonable place to start? mysterious keys is one simple for loop through items.json for instance.)

Well I must say my good sir, your mod was the one that actually thought me anything, I ended up creating a new Trader that sells all weapon parts so I wouldn't have to wait for the Flea Market to update, so, thank you for that, I'll have a VERY thorough look at the un-compiled server ;)

Thank you a million for that!

• Any answers yet xD? I'd actually like to know where to start as well, I'm currently just fiddling with the current created mods, but I would really like to know how to create new mods.

I've seen somewhere that you can make them using c# and javascript, but I can't find it where again ;(

I ended up doing the same as you, I went over the documents and just checked out how some mods were structured and kinda went off of that. The documents provided are vague and a little hard for someone who never used unity before to understand lol, ended up googling everything.

• I ended up doing the same as you, I went over the documents and just checked out how some mods were structured and kinda went off of that. The documents provided are vague and a little hard for someone who never used unity before to understand lol, ended up googling everything.

Hi again, you should see what Kikirio said, I'll quote him here

Yeah it is a case of having a look at a few simple mods to get an idea of the structure, the un-compiled server is here and you can find everything you could want to hook into there. After that its all java script know how

As soon as I got my hands on the uncompiled Server, man I'm doing all sorts of stuff, if you had any C# background you'll handle javascript like a beast, if not, it's very easy to understand if you give the time to it ^_^! I already created new presets that traders sell, added a trader (with a LOT of help from Kikirio's mod) that sell's all the stuff I need, except it's way more expensive, to give more easy access but making me have to go make some money first. I changed the damage values and ricochet chances, I changed how the bots spawn, bla bla bla.

The uncompiled server has literally everything you need to start :D! Just look at how the most basic mods are created and start from there!

• SPT Team

Closed the thread.
  • SPT Team

Set the Label from In progress to Solved

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!