Yes
    Where did you download your game from?
    BSG's launcher
    List of used mods
    Allinonemod
    Coremod
    Bread and butter

Hi there,
    after installing eft sp and running some raids, I have noticed, that during raids, my fps drops progressively. It starts of high and smooth and after about the first minute I start losing 5-10 fps and in the next 5 minutes that gets to about 50 less fps, which is significantly noticeable during gameplay. I haven't had any experience like this in the online EFT version in both offline and multiplayer raids. I would appreciate, if somebody can help me fix it.
    Some PC specs:
    Ryzen R5 3600
    Viper 16GB Ram 3600Mhz
    GPU:MSI ARMOR RX 580 stock OC 8GB
    I am also running the game on a M2 Nvme drive

• This is a problem with SPTarkov and it has been a problem since SPTarkov was created. For some reason when the bots start spawning your GPU usage starts dropping as well (you can see this in MSI afterburner), Factory is the only map that doesn't progressively drop frames and stays smooth for me.

• It's a problem with playing any sort of SP whether it be offline mode or SP, when player (bot) count rises so will your CPU usage and frames will tank, the only thing to help with this is modifying spawn amount within your game, the less bots better frames, more bots less frames.

• I believe the Bread and Butter mod has settings to change the spawn rate, not sure about the other mods. If you play the same maps without mods installed do you get the same issue? If you don't then I'd suggest looking at the spawn settings in B&B and the other mods too in case there's some additional settings or conflicting settings.

But also what Ctrtrst said, you're likely running many more bots than normal Online version of EFT. (In fact, play online EFT but choose an offline factory map and set bot level to hoarde, you can sometimes see/feel a slight stutter/pause when bots are loaded in). Your hardware has to manage the scavs/PMCs loading in across the map, their pathfinding etc

• It's not a CPU problem, CPU sits at about 25-40% usage the entire time, maybe something with the PMC bots, cause it doesn't happen in online tarkov, my GPU sits at 99% pretty much all the time in online tarkov.

• I will try and edit the amount in B&B and just up the difficulty more, so that it can compensate. For me, it's just the GPU that drops about 30% less. I will try and fix it with B&B and let you know, if I find a good enough fix.

• Even after lowering the amount of both PMCs and Scavs, the FPS doesn't get much better in the long run. I think, its just something with the optimization or the way that the SP mod handles the game. It will maybe get fixed by the devs after some time, but for now I can't find anything, that will fix it without going in deep in logs and stuff, where I am not that competent.

• SPT Team

Closed the thread.
  • SPT Team

Set the Label from In progress to Unresolved

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!