Posts by koitsu

Yeah, I don't think system specs affect this problem to a large degree. I have an i7-7600K running at stock speeds (no OC), 32GB RAM, 2060 SUPER. It's purely code in Tarkov or SPT-AKI (I'm not sure which) that needs to be optimised somehow.

Stuttering shouldn't be happening constantly (i.e. non-stop). If it is, the problem is elsewhere.

If you're talking about occasional but heavy stuttering while in a map and entering a "new" area (or going back to an area you haven't been in for a while), that is absolutely due to AI generation.

The forum here has talked about how to minimise it, with the only option being choosing "Low" for "AI Amount" before you go into a raid.

And for me, the issue happened on 2.0.1 as well. The stutters weren't as long/heavy, but they happened under the exact same circumstances. They don't upset me very much when they happen.

In short, it's a known annoyance, but it shouldn't be happening non-stop. It should only happen occasionally when PMCs or Scavs are generated, and not happen again until more need to be generated. I also don't see how this could be alleviated; maybe it's something that "real" Tarkov generates server-side (meaning, on a completely separate server/machine and not your computer), and thus the processing isn't happening on the client like with SPT-AKI.

Yep, everything seems to be working fine after above workaround. For now I'll just set said env var via my user profile and call it a day. (For others wondering how to do that: Control Panel / System and Security / System / Advanced System Settings / Advanced tab / Environment Variables / click New under User variables for {username} and use a NAME of NODE_SKIP_PLATFORM_CHECK and a value of 1. No reboot is needed)

Sorry for replying to my own thread, but yeah, it's because I'm on Windows 7. It seems the last versions of Node.js to work with Windows 7 was v13.14.0; starting with v14 they began doing OS version checks. I suspect Server.exe launches (window gets created) and the underlying PL does a version check, which fails, and thus immediately quits. All this is hidden when using a GUI, so I decided to launch Server.exe via cmd.exe and sure enough:

D:\Games\SPT-AKI>Server.exe

Node.js is only supported on Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, or higher.

Setting the NODE_SKIP_PLATFORM_CHECK environment variable to 1 skips this

check, but Node.js might not execute correctly. Any issues encountered on

unsupported platforms will not be fixed.

I tried the env var workaround and now we're getting somewhere!

D:\Games\SPT-AKI>set NODE_SKIP_PLATFORM_CHECK=1

D:\Games\SPT-AKI>Server.exe

┌───────────────────────────────┐

│ SPT-AKI 2.1.0 │

https://discord.sp-tarkov.com

│ │

│ This work is free of charge │

│ Commercial use is prohibited │

└───────────────────────────────┘

Server: executing startup callbacks...

[INFO] Importing database...

[SUCCESS] Started webserver at http://127.0.0.1:6969

[SUCCESS] Started websocket at wss://127.0.0.1:6969

Anyway, it's important to remember that officially EFT supports Windows 7 -- per https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/support/knowledge/68 . SPT-AKI tools only working with Windows 8 or newer, as a result of using Node.js, should really be outlined somewhere in the Requirements or installation docs. And a polite reminder: while "consumer" Windows 7 is EOL'd, Microsoft is still providing support for it until January 2023 per their ESU programme -- https://docs.microsoft.com/en-…nded-security-updates-faq

I've just tried to get SPT-AKI working for the very first time, with a couple snags along the way. The instructions I was following: How to install AKI

The initial issues I ran into was that the AKI Patcher Tool needed .NET Desktop Runtime 5.0.12; the 5.0.4 version linked in the Requirements section did not work (they installed, but the patcher binary would not run, and i have Windows Event Viewer entries confirming that). I solved that problem by installing both x64 versions of the .NET Desktop Runtime 5.0.12 as well as .NET Runtime 5.0.12 from here: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet/5.0

After that, the patcher ran and reported no errors. Great.

Problems began once I reached the "Double-click on the Server executable" phase of the installation: doing so does nothing. It briefly pops up a window and immediately exits/closes the window. No logs are generated. A Properties on Server.exe says that it's a Node.js application of some sort (?!?!).

I have a couple suspicions as to the source of the problem, but I'm not sure how to verify them. One of the key aspects is that I'm using Windows 7 SP1 x64, which makes me wonder if whatever built Server.exe isn't being built with Windows 7 compatibility in mind. Another possibility is a missing requirement for SPT-AKI, but best I can tell, I do in fact have all the necessary .NET runtimes (3.5 comes with Windows 7, and I have .NET Framework 4.7.2 installed as well), as well as the Visual C++ runtime in question, though it doesn't appear in WMI's product list, running the vcredist binary only brings up Repair and Uninstall). Here's verification of some of it:

C:\>wmic

wmic:root\cli>product get name

Name

Microsoft .NET Runtime - 5.0.12 (x64)

Microsoft .NET Host - 5.0.12 (x64)

Microsoft Windows Desktop Runtime - 5.0.12 (x64)

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2

What other information can I provide that would help?