Posts by jimbothepmc

It's definitively Fin's FAIT. When I had no mods, I had zero deserializations nor "The request timed out" and that was with three back-to-back raids. There was only one exception in the error log with a vanilla run (see below).

While I idled at the main menu, I shutdown the server, added FAIT, and brought the server up. My first raid had several network errors and tens and tens of deserializations.

I'll add a report on Fin's mod.

FWIW, here's that vanilla trace I saw in case you are curious:

Sure. It may take me a hot minute to get to it.

Since I've always experienced unrelated UI delays (or hangs) in Live/SPT, is there something specific I should look for (as opposed to waiting until long delays start)? A single presence of the backtrace--modless--as an indication of the problem? The "Item deserialization error"?

The longer the launcher/server/client are operating, the slower the network communication gets between the client/server. At the time of this report, any quest interaction was taking approximately eight (8) seconds (turn in, complete, or accept). Additionally, coming out of raid or swapping traders would take a while. When everything was launched fresh, it was as instant as Unity can be.

You'll see in the error log that System.Net.WebException (request timed out) start getting thrown. In the previous incarnation of a slowdown, there were these exceptions from the UI, but also when the system would try to spawn bots. Basically, any server/client interaction has the potential of causing the backtrace.

... and since you're force-quitting, it's often a 50/50 gamble whether you keep the stuff you got in said raid, so it can get tedious.

I've had great success first stopping the server and then ALT-F4 the Tarkov client. Since the client has to send a "save" command to the server, and there's no server, you won't lose your stuff.