Posts by Dichebach

Did SVM add a "instant reload and unload cartridges in magazines" kind of thing in the 3.2 update.

Twice now, after I've done a fresh install of SPT 3.2 (for other reasons not because of this issue or SVM), and then installed SVM when I played I had instant mag loading and unloading on a brand new character with zero mag drills skill.

Might it be a setting I've used in my preset?

ADDIT: I just realized that on the "Stash and Item" tab the "Round Load/Unload Time: was at zero. That was the cause of it. I guess at some point that toggle got bumped *shrug* What is default value "1?"

Yeah it's normal

Fair enough! 16kg seems a bit on the weak side but I'll roll with it.

Question for you: After much testing, I seem to have my mod configuration and settings pretty well sorted out how I want it: Realism + SVM + Fin's AI Loader + No AI-ESP is all I'm running.

I've turned off all the KMC SVM functions which seem like they might conflict with Realism, except for one pane "Players and Skills." If you are not familiar with it here is a pic https://freeimage.host/i/gJQ9wP

I did this because I also use the "Extended Raids" option (in the Raids options tab of SVM . . . and only other tab I have enabled is Stash and Loot just for larger stacks sizes, etc.).

It seems like the stuff in the Player Skills tab might be overlapping with stuff your mod does, but I felt I needed to have it on because with 4 hour raid durations and time compression at 4 instead of 7, thirst and hunger rates need to be slowed down or it is absurd how much food you need to bring in or find.

Everything SEEMS to be working fine (though my dude's head hp are only 20, which is weird), but before I get down and dirty with a long campaign I'm curious if you foresee any problems down the road from this?

That is a complicated question, so I don't really expect you to go to too much trouble answering, but if you are feeling loquacious and inquisitive I'd much appreciate any reflections you have to offer!

You'd need to do trial and error to find out what feels right for you

Roger that :D

. . . So I just fired up a brand new EOD profile with no weapon or durability loss after raid (so I can just keep reloading the same brand new character to do a test match in Factory with different values if necessary). I plugged in "overallAIDifficultyMod": -12

. . . I noticed you commenting to someone else in this thread that you had at one point "plugged in 12" (though you didn't say which param, surely it must have been this one), so I figured -12 might be really easy.

I've killed about a dozen Scavs and PMCs and by virtue of just strolling around (even up on the catwalks) they DID wound me, so they are still capable of killing. But they do seem slower to react, less accurate and perhaps even a bit less "aware." Strangely they do seem to be "more aggressive," but that could just be the RNG of where PMCs and Scavs spawned.

So the general principle I'm coming up with is this:

Larger positive numbers for "overallAIDifficultyMod" will make the Bots more difficult in general (faster to react, more accurate, more aware). Larger negative numbers will make them less difficulty in general.

So just to make sure I've got this right two more questions for you:

1. Do larger positive values of "overallAIDifficultyMod" make the Bots more effective whereas larger negatives make them less effective: Yes or No?

2. Does the "Difficulty" setting in the session configuration window at the start of a match (Easy, As in Online, Normal, Hard, etc.) matter? I assume that "As In Online" is the most likely setting to apply the changes from this mod, but you mentioned in a post some time ago that the mod "flattens" the difficulties suggesting that it doesn't matter what difficulty setting is chosen, the mod will mediate AI params that influence "difficulty" no matter what the difficulty is set to?

How easy should it make it to set Fin-AILoader\config\config.json\"overallAIDifficultyMod": -2.9?

Could just be RNG but, with respect to PMC bots and Scavs, I'm still not seeing a clear effect from gradually ramping this down from the deafult of "-0.6."

Just RNG?

ADDIT: or let me put this another way: if you wanted to make the Bots so feckless that you could practically just jog up to them and melee them to death without much of a chance of getting hurt (or shoot them in the head and have even lower chances to get hurt), what value would you assign, and is that the correct param to adjust?

On the other hand, if you wanted to make them so hard that it was literally impossible for a mere human to survive them what value would you use?

I just realized my dude is getting into the "yellow" on encumbrance status at like 15.1kg: is that normal for the mod?

Only SVM and No-ESP installed and brand new profile.

At first I thought it had something to do with turning off the med changes, but turning off server, turning on meds in config, and then starting a brand new profile and the dude still gets weighted down at about 15.1kg instead of about 21.1 or so in the past.

After installing SPT 3.2 and attempting to launch the server it appears to begin booting but then shuts off. This is probably a result of how I installed it? Here is what I did:

(1) copy my existing 3.1.1 folder and rename it "SPT320" then; (2) copy-paste with overwrite/file replace the contents of "RELEASE-SPT-3.2.0-19078" into that new "SPT320" folder.

Would it be better to just delete everything in the SPT320 except the user folder? I was trying to keep all my settings from playing on 3.1.1.