Posts by loukassm

Hey Fin!

I was wondering if you can help me with two small issues I've been running into.

1. I've noticed that sometimes I get Raiders spawning and very often they absolutely ignore me. I have stood in front of one for a good amount of time and and got no reaction.

2. I've noticed that sometimes when the AI is behind low covers; like half walls or those tubes near bus stop in customs, they just fire non-stop into them. They never relocate or move around, they just stay there shooting. Is there a setting I could tweak there?

Thanks for the help!

Hello,

I have noticed that since I updated to 3.2.1, the button "Receive All" in conversations with traders does not work as intended.

The first time I click on the button after completing a quest, it will show all the rewards related to that quest. If I close the screen, clicking on the button again does nothing.

I am still able to click on the "Get" button for each individual message.

1. Start the game

2. Complete a quest for a Trader with previous unclaimed rewards or returns from insurance

3. Open the messenger

4. Click on "Receive All" on the trader for the completed task

5. Notice the trader only offers rewards for the completed quest

6. Close the menu

7. Click on "Receive All" again

8. Notice the issue

Try it again with the most recent version but if you have anything touching Bot Loadouts it's going to have to be one or the other, and FAIT certainly touches loadouts - rather than changing the folder name of FAIT try simply turning off/disabling gear changes.

Alrighty, I have my mods in the following order:

1. Valens Progression

2. Fin AI Tweaks

3. SVM

I will update to let you know if this works :)

Whoops thought this was V-AIO (recently woke up), but like Fenah said if you give priority to one mod over the other that will also work but you won't get the progression changes...the reason being is likely due to having Bot loadouts configured/changed on the SVM side which is exactly what V-Progression does (alters bot loadouts).

I don't use SVM to alter bot loadouts, the setting is not enabled. Does that matter?

Considering I'm using FAIT to alter the bots' AI, should I have FAIT or your mod load first?

Hello! Tried to boot the game using the mod and my server is showing up a lot of errors.

Hello!

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I had a question.

I have enabled the Raid Options just so I could have the extended raid times setting, but I didnt notice until just now that there are some raid start up settings. I was wondering if anyone knows if this would interfere with AI mods like Fin's AI Loader?

Hello again Fin!

I have a few questions if that is okay:

1. Are all bots affected by the same file? Meaning the "default" file inside AiTemplate?

2. What happens if one of the settings has a single value inside the array? Does that mean this value is always the same no matter the difficulty?

3. Inside FAIT you have setting called "AI Hearing Multiplier", what would be the equivalent in FAIL?

Thanks again for all the hard work :)

I don't want to overstep here, but would I be out of line in asking if its possible to make the mod compatible with FAIT?

I'm not a very into the programming side so I don't really comprehend how complicated this request actually is, but I figured I might as well ask.

I know FAIL should work, but it hasn't been updated for 3.2.1 yet and I always have a hard time setting it with; I find it's not as intuitive as FAIT is.

Nope, that's still compatible, You only need to replace/update BepInEx plugins if the EFT version has changed most of the time :)

Thank you Fontaine.

I really appreciate all the good work you put into your mod! Your tiered gear system is by far my favorite part of it.

Hey Fin, sorry if these have been asked before but there is a loooot of comments to go through

I have a few small questions:

1. What setting do I need to modify so I can guarantee that PMC bots spawn with either an Armored Rig or Armored Vest? Right now my % for both settings is 75 but they still sometimes spawn without one or the other

2. I have set the weapon durability for PMCs to [[80, 100], [100, 100]] but they still show up with broken weapons at 50%, Is this setting affected by the progressive gear or did I do something wrong?

4. I've noticed that bots tend to spawn with a ton of injectors; is there a way that I can curve this so the amount is smaller and more present in PMCs than scavs?

3. Are the settings above affected by the gear progression option?

Thank!

Yeah I've seen people claim FAIT is compatible, but I don't think they know/understand what features this mod has to realise it's missing/not working ^^ *maybe* there is a specific way you can set them up to be compatible, but probably not.

It would be very nice indeed, because FAIT was easier to understand than FAIL is. But... c'est la vie :P

Well the thing to do would be to try it with and without FAIT to see what's causing it. "Couldn't generate ammo" errors shouldn't be happening anymore, could a side-effect of FAIT.

Hey Fontaine,

I can confirm the issue was 100% FAIT. I switched back to FAIL just to check it out and it immediately solved the issue :P

Hey Fin!

I wanted to corroborate something with you.

I upped my overallAiDifficultyMod setting to 4 to try to get a little bit more of a challenge but I figured this would most likely also affect the bosses and their goons and they are already hard enough as they are at default.

I added their names to the bots to leave unchanged section; would this do the trick?

That's very strange. Can you check if you're getting any errors when starting the game, when starting a raid or finishing a raid?

Only thing I can think of is that somehow it's failing to check your profile, and resetting to tier 1 as the default.

Did you install any other mods recently?

I recently switched from FAIL to FAIT, on some advice from people on Twitter. While I'm aware that it says on the page that these aren't compatible, people were very optimist that FAIL would work if I only enabled the AI changes and disabled everything else.

I looked at my logs, besides the usual "couldnt generate ammo" errors, I don't see anything else.

Hello!

I ran into a strange issue recently. Around the level 18ish mark, all of my PMCs started spawning below level 10, and they don't seem to have be benefiting from the tiered loadouts.

This message does show up on my server messages so I'm very perplexed as to why this is happening.

(I'm on 3.1.1)

(edit: spelling)

Code
    Realism mod: Bots have been set to tier 1
    Realism mod: Bots have been adjusted to tier 2