Posts by Kippa

Brilliant mate I will try that out when I have the next opportunity at my computer. I am working for the next 4 or 5 days and I'll be spending time with my partner and my son so a reply will be slow, however I am interested and keen to try this out. I think it would be easier if I email you or whatever I have never used Dropbox unless its for installing a mod lmao.

Okay that's good then bud, everyone should make sure that if they intend on updating from a fresh, clean install they should remove everything that way it shouldn't cause any errors in the future. As for your mods, I'd recommend temporarily taking out all of your mods from your user/mods folder and see if that allows you get in to a raid, if it does allow you too just add your mods back in 1-at-a-time and go from there, that way you can find the culprit. Basically process of elimination.

tiramisu have you double checked to see if you have multiple "copies" or installs of SPT-AKI on your computer? I had a similar issue a while back and I fixed it by making sure I deleted everything related to SPT-AKI and followed the instructions for reinstalling. Also, have you made sure all of your mods are compatible and up to date?

I'm tired xD. -But I'm here. Are you using CPSR and AKI 2.1.2, out of curiosity? I just did a little poking around and released a small speculative fix for both of those, but I can't test it out until I finish copying my Live install and downgrading it to 2.1.2. -I've been using 2.1.0 all this time, and I suspect that may be an issue.

Yeah I feel you man :) but you're doing great! CPSR as in Lua's Spawn Rework? If so, yeah I am using CPSR version 1.3.2 (2.1.2) and the latest version of AKI. I've tried only using FAIT and CPSR with no other mods just to see if the issues would replicate and it still does I'm sorry to say, the PMC's are still being classed as Scavs :( I could help you with some testing if you the help? I am working till Thursday but always happy to lend a hand. Also the gear the AI have is ridiculous! :evil:

Taking a quick look, I see you still have Optimized Loading disabled, and Load Gear From File enabled. This means that your bots will be pulling all their gear settings from the bot_inventory files, and ignoring the config.

Didn't you tell me to do that when I asked you about the bot_inventory files not so long ago? My idea was to edit the bot_inventory files manually in such a way were the bots had their respective items Scavs for example, would have the basic of gear - a stock AK, a small-ish type bag like a sling bag, 1 or 2 meds etc.. but the issue I had was that when changing and saving the files it just didn't show in-game (more than likely a conflict or an error with the config on my part) and I just can't seem to get a solid build for my game it's so frustrating I'm sure you know all too well. I'd rather the mod loads from the bots_inventories rather than the main config just so there's no confusion, hopefully I explained it clearly enough.

Hi Fin, I would like to continue our previous conversation from the other day with regards to the AI's inventories and I would like to know if this is a known issue or hasn't been brought up yet. If you remember I asked you about the medical items the AI would spawn in raid with that seems to be working okay at the minute but the armour, weapons and ammo don't seem to take in to account what ever changes I do in the config. PMC's have OP gear, Scavs have semi-decent but OP gear and Raiders have decent but OP gear also. I'll share with you my config in a spoiler so I don't clog up this thread page lol -

This is great information to know man, looking at these options in the config was a little confusing but I completely understand it now. I'll try setting the medical inventory changes to false and changing some values around, hopefully finding a good spot with the meds lol. Thanks for clearing this up for me mate :thumbup:

I've tried adding new items to their inventory list, and I've tried deleting all but one item from each category under 'Equipment', and both changes seem to stick. -Bots spawn ingame with the gear I'd expect them to have, and the files don't update or refresh themselves until I turn Optimized Loading back on, or disable Load Gear From File. I believe there's someone else recently in the comments who's also been modifying bot_inventories successfully, though they're having a slightly different issue where extra items are occasionally appearing on bots ingame, and I plan to try and replicate both problems again tomorrow.

Oh that's great! There are 4 inventories I am currently trying to edit and hopefully get working it's just been a bit of a nightmare lmao. I had no idea about those two things, so just to be clear if I disable Load Gear From File and set Optimized Loading to False the files won't update or refresh?

Thanks for the quick reply mate.

Lastly, how would I go about making the AI only have the minimum amount of Meds and not 10 injectors, 20 Grizzlies, 10 CMS kits? (over-exaggerating of course). The AI tend to have a sh*t tonne of meds which takes about 5 minutes to loot per corpse and I would like to get them as similar as online, could you help me with this?

I gave it a couple of runs today, and so far inventory modifications seem to work as I'd expect them to. I'll have more time tomorrow though, I'm hoping.

It's definitely an issue with the mod dude there's really no other reason, I tested 3 times today starting from scratch and only adding FAIT to my mod list and only changing the AI inventories JSON files and AI gear changes section, I am honestly confused. Have you tried removing items from the AI's inventories and checking to see if it reverts back to default or deletes any changes?

It could be my Notepad++ being a complete arse and not saving properly but that likely isn't the root cause.

Ah, gotcha. -So if I set that to true, I'll be using your config in the state it was in when you were having issues?

Yeah I haven't modified anything in the main config or the AI's inventories since posting my previous comments as I didn't have the time to mess with it until now. Have you noticed anything strange or been able to reproduce the issue?

You appear to have "loadGearFromFile" set to false. -Without this enabled, it won't load the AI's gear from the bot_inventory files.

Yeah this was intentional, I was doing some tests on whether or not the bot_inventories config gets reverted back when set to true or false. Any changes that I make even if I set the file to read-only it goes back to default.

Can you link your config settings? I can have a look over those, and see if it's an error I can reproduce on my end.

Yea sure here it is mate -

Yeah. That was to you. And, well, damn.

I was hoping it was something that small and stupid. As I've said, I've had similar experiences. Only to realize I for got to "check a box" or whatever.

Yeah man it can happen from time to time, I've gotten in to this routine of making sure I save any edits that I do because in the past I've had to re-do all of the work I just did and wasted hours of testing and playing || thanks for tryna help though I appresh! :thumbup:

I know this is going to sound stupid or even insulting to some ..... but did you save your settings after you made changes, before closing the editor?

I keep forgetting to set "Change Map Loot Spawn Chances" to true in Eresh's AIO mod regarding global loot chances when I ever reinstall it, making any setting I put pointless as the feature is "off" when false. It's always the small things that trip us up. :)

Is your question to me or someone else bud? If so, yes I always make sure to save before closing that should rule #1 always save your work lol.

I've literally spent the last few hours searching through and deleting dozens of items from 3 bots inventories so far, USEC, SCAV & BEAR (screenshots provided as an example). I am trying to get the AI's inventories to a place where there inventory isn't clogged up full of common, low-tier loot and what I think would be in a more realistic way that represents their respective bots, for example, USEC only use non-Russian based weapons etc.. BEAR & SCAVS only use Russian-based weapons etc.. but the damn thing keeps getting reverted back to default and I'm literally pulling my hair out trying to figure it out. I am still going through each bots' inventory probably take me a few more hours.

I don't believe so, it's more likely due to having Behaviour Changes enabled.

It sounds like your gear file options aren't set up properly. Make sure optimized loading is disabled, if you want to edit bot inventories.

So if I disable Optimized loading that would allow me to edit the gear files for the AI?

EDIT: Tried setting optimized loading to False and then editing the bot inventories and checking if the file reverts back to default and it doesn't work. Why does it keep reverting back to default I'm confused.

Hi, I have another issue with FAIT described below:

I wanted to edit the bot inventories, for example the Scavs only have Russian-based weapons, armour, clothing etc.. USEC has American-based weapons, armour, clothing etc.. but the game doesn't listen to what ever I change but instead gives the AI the whole chadded loadout (screenshots provided as an example). Also, when I leave the game back to my desktop the files/folders revert back to default and I have to the process over and over again, its very time-consuming and hopefully someone can explain how to solve this.

Thanks for any replies.

EDIT: I know I haven't provided the best screenshots but I will try to get some more to explain the issue better. I'd prefer to use FAIT to edit the AI's inventory, but if there is an easier solution for this that won't conflict with anything that would be great.

Hi Fin, hope you are doing well bud,

I'm having issues with the gear for the AI, Scavs seem to be similar to online but a lot of the AI seem to be spawning with several meds, tech and general hideout items/equipment which I don't like, it helps me get things for my hideout that much quicker and I was wondering if you knew or know why this happens? I really don't want to start my config from fresh again which I've tried several times but I need this mod to work lol.

Ahh okay I didn't know for certain it worked like that and the file was that large uncompressed to begin with, thank you for clarifying that.

Giving people more options to use the link for the download is always a better option I do understand that but you shouldn't use a site that requires a subscription if the download limit is exceeded to me that isn't good idea but I don't provide the download option in the first place so I can't argue with anyone only give me opinion on it.

I'm sure there are other options or methods for downloading/sharing/uploading free files surely? Is OneDrive not useful for this?

It doesn't require payments (not 100% sure but could be wrong) all it needs is an email account.

Lastly, just out of curiosity are you paying for the up cost for hosting the website or page for the download link? If so, I wouldn't mind donating to keep the site available for future download links but paying a subscription is a no-no for me unless it's Amazon Prime :kekw: