"The input file hash doesn't match the expected hash" after upgrading to current AKI release and reinstall of SPT-AKI

• Server version
    Game client version
    Client log file
    codepaste.sp-tarkov.com/?5a9c6…R56DPcDWuGtxBE7Qdp7FKqwAM
    Server log file
    codepaste.sp-tarkov.com/?066d1…h9pFDxTXTc4Rs2YKAPyCyW563
    Have you read the FAQ?
    Yes
    Where did you download your game from?
    https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/
    List of used mods
    Faupi Hideout Architect
    Faupi Munitions Expert
    Fin AI Tweaks
    Fin Choking Hazard
    SamSWAT - PKAS

Sorry for the missing Client and Modules log files, because of my particular situation I currently don't have those files.

Updated my SPT-AKI install to the latest release, from I believe version 2.0.1 to 2.1.2, and copied over the necessary EFT files as well. Originally I had a "Default server 'SPT-AKI' is not available" launcher error, and not realizing that a fresh profile was required for the 2.1.0 update I tried reinstalling SPT-AKI, including both the AKI files and EFT's files. I also attempted removing my installed mods, incase that was the issue. When that didn't work eventually realized I needed to make a new profile after sleuthing the Support forum, but I admittedly didn't want to delete my current profile. So I tried moving the profile's JSON file elsewhere on my computer, making a new profile so as to regain access to the launcher, then swapping that new profile's JSON file with the old one. Sure enough, the launcher does recognize the old profile, but now attempting to launch the game gives me the "The input file hash doesn't match the expected hash" warning, hitting "Yes" to continue causes the game application to open for a few seconds then immediately close. This issue persists even after reversing the swap of the profile's JSON file. I had already updated EFT to the most recent version before experiencing this issue, and I'd rather not have to downgrade it to do a fresh AKI reinstall. Any advice on what I can do to fix it without downgrading EFT?

• When you upgraded from one version to the other, did you do a drag-n-drop operation to overwrite an existing installation of SPT-AKI?

If so, that is why you are getting the hash mismatch and running into issues.

You have to get a fresh, untouched copy of your OG Escape From Tarkov installation. You are able to temporarily move the */user/ folder out of SPT-AKI, delete the entire SPT-AKI installation folder, put the fresh copy of EFT, patch in SPT-AKI and use the downgrader, and move the /user/ folder back in, that way you can retain your profile and your mods. I have a proper list of steps in this post here: RE: Stuck on Loading Screen

I hope this fixes your issues!

• When you upgraded from one version to the other, did you do a drag-n-drop operation to overwrite an existing installation of SPT-AKI?

That I did! I drag-n-dropped both the EFT files, and the AKI files over my existing SPT-AKI installation whenever I was updating it. Usually that worked fine for me, has this changed because of a recent update?

I'll give it a go and report back here. Never had to use the downgrader, so fingers crossed I don't bugger it up.

• That seems to have fixed the issue! Was incredibly easy, too, though a bit time consuming. Say, while we're here, you wouldn't happen to know anything about restoring your SPT-AKI game settings from the BAK files it creates when you "Clear Game settings" from the launcher? I had tried deleting both temp files and my game settings when I was originally troubleshooting the problem before making this post.

• That seems to have fixed the issue! Was incredibly easy, too, though a bit time consuming. Say, while we're here, you wouldn't happen to know anything about restoring your SPT-AKI game settings from the BAK files it creates when you "Clear Game settings" from the launcher? I had tried deleting both temp files and my game settings when I was originally troubleshooting the problem before making this post.

I do not, I'm sorry.

To be honest, I would wait just a little bit while longer for EFT 0.12.12 to make it to SPT-AKI and start over fresh from there.

• That's fine, just a shot in the dark. Thank you for your help, it's been greatly appreciated. I considered waiting until 0.12.12 but I don't know if it'll take as long as the last major update, 0.2.0 to get to SPT-AKI. It's been a hot minute since I last played Tarkov, so I'm itching for it.

Anyways , I digress. If anyone else who may be reading is wondering about the BAK issue, I think I can move the BAK files elsewhere, let the game make new INI files by saving my settings in-game, and then use the content of the BAK files to overwrite the INI. I've tried renaming the BAK files to INI files which apparently should have restored them, but so far the game hasn't recognized they're there, it just goes to default settings. I think my aforementioned idea may fix that. At the very least, you can just open the BAK files in notepad and read all the settings configurations, so you can use that to change everything back one value at a time.

• CWX

Closed the thread.
  • SPT Team

Set the Label from In progress to Solved

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!