Fin's Armor Plates

• Fin added a new file:

Fin

I accidentally poofed the old version from Dropbox. I had a WIP conversion that I believe I've hammered back into working order. It should have the same features the last upload had, plus some streamlining I'd been working on.

This mod converts all armors in trader inventories, bot inventories, or spawned ingame to use a new plate-based system.

• Plates can cover the chest, stomach, arms, or legs
    • Plates are generated based on the armor they were originally a part of
      • They will inherit the armor's material
      • They will inherit a portion of the armor's weight, ergo, move speed, and turn speed penalties, such that when the entire set of plates from a given piece of armor are present, you suffer the same encumbrance, ergo, and movement penalties as you would using the vanilla armor
      • They will inherit a certain amount of durability based on the original armor's durability, and the plate's location
        • Chest and stomach plates have 100% of the original armor's durability
        • Arm plates have 60% of the original armor's durability
        • Leg plates have 70% of the original armor's durability
      • Plates inherit the appearance of the original armor, but will be 2x2 in size, with a name that indicates what part of the body they protect
        • This is to aid in quickly identifying a plate's level and material
    • Plates cannot be swapped during a raid. They can only be swapped when you're back in the hideout
      • A plate carrier without a full set of plates will appear red in the inventory, but is still equippable\
      • This decision was made for balance reasons, moreso than technical or realism ones
    • Plates for a given area cannot be swapped to protect another area. IE: A stomach plate cannot be placed in the chest plate slot
      • This was done for both technical reasons and balance reasons
      • Similarly, for technical reasons it wasn't practical to make armored plates that only protect one arm or leg at a time
        • This is because right/left plates would be incompatible with eachother, which conceptually made no sense, and in testing was just annoying
    • All plate carriers will spawn with plates already inside of them

xU5yUez.png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!