Using wine, SPT-AKI crashes immediately at the splash screen.

• Server version
    Game client version
    Client log file
    codepaste.sp-tarkov.com/?7303c…c3cFGXNrrKGAzJ1utaK3QGe65
    BepInEx log file
    codepaste.sp-tarkov.com/?29ccc…BouVXcSZDBNySE5i6VLqrpoBE
    Server log file
    codepaste.sp-tarkov.com/?7d81b…3q49Sih3xAdaSnR9wJyoNZaJQ
    Have you read the FAQ?
    Yes
    Where did you download your game from?
    https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/profile
    List of used mods
    none

I apologize if Linux is beyond the scope of support. I have spent a few days trying to get this to work, but I'm unable to figure out why this specific version doesn't work with wine. I'll try to explain what does and doesn't work:

- Normal Tarkov (practice) and Altered Escape works with wine.

- SPT-AKI crashes using wine.

- SPT-AKI does run in a Windows 11 VM.

I have Desktop Runtime 6.0.14 and .Net Framework 4.8 installed in my prefix.

If anyone has experience with this i would appreciate help, since the Tarkov Penguins discord does not allow discussing private servers lifeworththinking .

• I was previously using the 3.2.5 version of spt on pop os with zero issues. I've since switched to Nobara and spt 3.5 and have not been able to get spt to run anymore. My Issues are different from what you are getting

My server runs fine, but tarkov hangs on the first splash screen, infinite loading. "[Client Request] /singleplayer/bundles" is what I see in the console, it seems to get stuck here.

The guide I followed to get this far is in the comments of this reddit post. I would try installing as per this guide and see where you land.

• Adding winhttp as an override seems to work! I also added -force-gfx-jobs native but it probably doesn't do anything. I'll say the thread is resolved, but i hope you can figure out how to run it yourself.

• Hey, glad that my post was able to point you in the correct direction!

You've also helped me by confirming that 3.5.0 CAN work on Linux, there must be a missing dependency on my end...

May I ask which distribution you are on?

• I'm using EndeavourOS (arch) using the zen kernel. Some extra information: I'm running the server with wine in the default prefix, and running the launcher with wine-ge-proton 37 in lutris on another prefix with mono and the required redistributables.

Also i realize now i might have had the same problem as you when i was playing Altered Escape. For some reason the solution was to put another window over the game and it would load, but i don't know if this will work for you.

• CWX

Closed the thread.
  • CWX

Set the Label from In progress to Solved

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!