Something is borked with key spawns in jackets and drawers since SPT 3.5.* part 2

• Server version
    3.5.1 & 3.5.2 & 3.5.3
    Game client version
    21734 - 22173
    Client log file
    codepaste.sp-tarkov.com/NA.log
    BepInEx log file
    Server log file
    Have you read the FAQ?
    Yes
    Where did you download your game from?
    Gamelauncher
    List of used mods
    None

Since you closed the previous thread without giving a chance to respond, I'm forced to create this new one. And I want to be absolutely cleart about this, I do not mean to critisize your work in any way, I find it to be one of the best "mods" I ever encountered and have all the respect in the world for your work. I want my input to make the game more enjoyable for everyone lucky enough to find this project, But...

Interchange keys are not more common because there are more of them, only Factory and Labs have less, all other maps have more keys.

I took a gander at staticLoot.json to see if I could spot the reson why I'm having this issue, and this is what I found:

Customs:

Dorm room 114 key: relativeProbability:28 & relativeProbability:696

Dorm room 206 key: relativeProbability:101 & relativeProbability:213}

Tarcone Director's office key: relativeProbability:115 & relativeProbability:44

Dorm room 220 key: relativeProbability:301 & relativeProbability:183

Shoreline:

Health Resort west wing room 205 key: relativeProbability":11 & relativeProbability:14

Health Resort west wing room 207 key: relativeProbability":12 & relativeProbability:21

Health Resort east wing room 310 key: relativeProbability":11 & relativeProbability:23

Reserve:

RB-PSP2 key: relativeProbability:6

RB-ORB1 key: relativeProbability":4 & relativeProbability:10

Interchange;

Power substation utility cabin key: relativeProbability:631& relativeProbability:2144

OLI cash register key: relativeProbability":2009 & relativeProbability:672}

IDEA cash register key: relativeProbability:641 & relativeProbability:2074

OLI office: relativeProbability:2089 & relativeProbability":681

KIBA inner: relativeProbability:323

As you can see, the relative probability all seem to be reasonable until you get to Interchange, when the numbers suddenly get a jump. These numbers perfectly explain me experience when looting jackets and filing cabinets. I also checked a previous version of SPT(3.1.1) where the Interchange keys usually had a relative probability in the 200:s. as did Shoreline. Reserve had it in the 100:s.

This might be a bug with the Live version of the game, but from seeing Streamers play the game I find that hard to believe, they still find keys at the "normal" interval.

• As we have mentioned before our data comes from offline raids. we cannot get data from online raids unless you want the chance to get banned which is very likely.

All the percentages and probability comes from loot dumps. There is no point manually changing anything because as soon we proccess the new dumps all the edited data would need to be edited again.

The more dumps we get the more accuate the numbers will be for OFFLINE Raids.

Feel free to make a mod that changes the percentages and probablities.

• I stopped modding ten years ago, I found it prevents me from actually enjoying a game. Instead I kept thinking about how I can improve my experience. Funny how that usually works out, eh? :D

So I found a work-around that seems to mitigate the issue somewhat, by using the staticLoot.json file from a Bleeding Edge version of 3.5. It still favors Interchange keys, but not to the extent that the released versions does. The file I'm using doesn't lower the other keys as much and doesn't elevate Interchange to absurd numbers. And the formatting of the staticLoot.json isn't borked there either, a hint that something went wrong in the process with the release one. I'll keep it around until I find the urge(and time) to play the game again.

Thanks for your time!

• Thank you chomp, I tried joining that community a year ago but was declined. I think I had to have a profile picture before I got accepted. and I didn't feel it was worth the effort. That should tell you I might not be worth having in your discussions 8o

As for the issue of this thread, I have found an acceptable solution that works for me, and honestly, the defensiveness from some people have put me off the whole subject. It has been pointed out to me that I am wrong in expecting SPT to be similar to the LIVE game, rather I should expect an OFFLINE experience. I was wrong and I apologize for that, and hope everyone can move on and continue their great work.

• CWX

Closed the thread.
  • Terkoiz

Set the Label from In progress to Invalid

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!