Late to the Party

• **Please see EDIT on original support thread post.

Reply to this post: I do not think that splitting the mod apart is necessary. If you had A GUI that would allow the user to enable/disable what they wanted to do I think that is a really good idea!

Thanks for the update, and I appreciate you letting me know about the incompatibility update. That'll save me some testing time. :)

While you were testing, I looked through your config changes for my mod, and without you saying anything, that answered my question. I could feel your frustration just by seeing some of the changes you made, so I think a GUI is something to add to my to-do list. It'll take some time to develop, but considering how much this mod has evolved over the last few months, I think it's necessary now.

While I can't help you with your SWAG incompatibility, if you have any other issues/questions with this mod, feel free to reach out. It's good to hear from people with other perspectives to avoid getting tunnel vision with developing it.

• Thanks for the update, and I appreciate you letting me know about the incompatibility update. That'll save me some testing time. :)

While you were testing, I looked through your config changes for my mod, and without you saying anything, that answered my question. I could feel your frustration just by seeing some of the changes you made, so I think a GUI is something to add to my to-do list. It'll take some time to develop, but considering how much this mod has evolved over the last few months, I think it's necessary now.

While I can't help you with your SWAG incompatibility, if you have any other issues/questions with this mod, feel free to reach out. It's good to hear from people with other perspectives to avoid getting tunnel vision with developing it.

Sorry to bother you agian. I got SWAG figured out! Very much looking forward to a GUI in the future. In the meantime, I would still like to use this mod, is it even useable with the config that I had edited or would you recommend starting fresh with a new config?? Thanks again for all of your time!

• Sorry to bother you agian. I got SWAG figured out! Very much looking forward to a GUI in the future. In the meantime, I would still like to use this mod, is it even useable with the config that I had edited or would you recommend starting fresh with a new config?? Thanks again for all of your time!

Glad to hear that!

Honestly, I'd probably start with a fresh file. It looks like you deleted some options instead of changing them, and that will make the DLL fall back to default values for them (which I don't have listed anywhere).

If you're just looking to change Scav spawn times, I'd make the following changes:

• adjust_raid_times.can_reduce_starting_loot=false
    • destroy_loot_during_raid.enabled=false
    • open_doors_during_raid.enabled=false
    • adjust_bot_spawn_chances.enabled=false
    • adjust_bot_spawn_chances.adjust_bosses=false (this one might be redundant, but better safe than sorry)
    • trader_stock_changes.enabled=false

Optionally, you can also set:

• adjust_raid_times.adjust_vex_chance=false
    • adjust_raid_times.adjust_bot_waves=false (if you're using SWAG, probably this should be false)

I think everything else you can ignore, but of course let me know if you notice anything strange that only happens when you're using my mod.

Of course the purist in me has to point out that spawning into a half-completed raid with a map full of loot is just... unnatural! ;)

• "Of course the purist in me has to point out that spawning into a half-completed raid with a map full of loot is just... unnatural! ;)" You are absolutely right here. I never thought about that. In that case I am assuming just change adjust_raid_times.can_reduce_starting_loot=true??

• "Of course the purist in me has to point out that spawning into a half-completed raid with a map full of loot is just... unnatural! ;)" You are absolutely right here. I never thought about that. In that case I am assuming just change adjust_raid_times.can_reduce_starting_loot=true??

That's the initial way the mod handled that problem, but I eventually moved to the loot-destroying system because it's still unrealistic to have less loot on the map that has the same range of desirability. It would be like everyone is picking up garbage loot and occasionally maybe some nice stuff.

If you want the very simple solution, you can leave adjust_raid_times.can_reduce_starting_loot=true. However, my recommendation is leaving destroy_loot_during_raid.enabled=true. Of course, I'm biased because I spent months working on that system. ;)

• That's the initial way the mod handled that problem, but I eventually moved to the loot-destroying system because it's still unrealistic to have less loot on the map that has the same range of desirability. It would be like everyone is picking up garbage loot and occasionally maybe some nice stuff.

If you want the very simple solution, you can leave adjust_raid_times.can_reduce_starting_loot=true. However, my recommendation is leaving destroy_loot_during_raid.enabled=true. Of course, I'm biased because I spent months working on that system. ;)

I will give it a shot. Thank you again for all of the help! I really do appreciate it.

• DanW added a new version:

• Fixed incompatibility with The Blacklist mod
    • Show an error in the server console if it provides invalid data to the client
    • Show a warning in the server console if prices in prices.json and handbook.json are both invalid
    • Prevent items that don't have valid prices in either prices.json or handbook.json from being allowed in Fence's inventory
    • Bug fix for corrupted loot-ranking data causing significant performance issues (Issue #1)
    • Bug fix for the DLL constantly requesting loot-ranking data after it fails to retrieve it the first time (cause of memory leak in Issue #1)
    • Bug fix for many NRE's appearing in the bepinex console when leaving a raid
    • Bug fix for server failing to start when debug.enabled=true and some custom trader mods are used

Config files from the 1.2.0 release are compatible with this release.

Thanks to MusicManiac for help with testing!

• Hello there. Have a problem with this mod. 75% of the time at the end of the raid I'm getting a black screen with nothing going on but errors in the console. Removing this mod fixes the problem. The log is attached to this message. Really want to try your work, thanks for your help.

Installed mods:

DrakiaXYZ-Waypoints

SWAG + DONUTS

SPT Realism

SAIN-3.5.8

skwizzy.LootingBots

VisceralDismemberment

Kobrakon-TakeABreak

DrakiaXYZ-BigBrain

AmandsGraphics

ServerValueModifier

UPDATE:

Pretty sure the problem resolved by disabling some conflicting parameters in config:

trader_stock_changes

adjust_bot_spawn_chances

• Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the mod. I looked at the log file, and unfortunately I didn't see anything unusual. I've noticed that if I force-kill the game, not all of the console contents gets dumped to the log file, so that might be working against us.

Which console has the errors? The server console or the bepinex console (which you have to manually enable)?

One thing you could try is zipping the "Logs" directory in the root game folder after reproducing the problem and uploading that. The "traces" and "errors" files in that directory are the ones I'm most interested in seeing. As a backup plan, do you think you could get a screenshot of the errors if you can get them to stop scrolling?

EDIT: Setting debug.enabled=true in the config.json file will add more messages to the log files, so that should also help with troubleshooting.

• Bug fix for some inoperable doors being opened/closed by the mod (i.e. the door between Old Gas and the train tracks on Customs)
    • Bug fix for trader inventory changes not being reflected in their flea-market offers
    • When debug.enabled=true, the ID of doors will be logged in the bepinex console whenever you hover over them to show their context menu

The config.json file from previous releases is NOT compatible.

Thanks to Mark1502 for help with bug reports!

• Updated for SPT-AKI 3.6.0
    • Updated server dependencies for SPT-AKI 3.6.0

Config files from the 1.2.2 release are compatible with this release.

• Hi, thank you for this mod. Just updated to 3.6. Ive noticed a lot of ammos being out of stock always and I also have issue with end of raid where it freezes, I can wait it out or close everything with no issue, this isnt a problem when removing this mod. A conflict with Trader Mods? Thanks again.

• Hi, thank you for this mod. Just updated to 3.6. Ive noticed a lot of ammos being out of stock always and I also have issue with end of raid where it freezes, I can wait it out or close everything with no issue, this isnt a problem when removing this mod. A conflict with Trader Mods? Thanks again.

Some ammo types are designed to sell out quickly, but you can adjust that in the mod config. Which ones are you having issues with? I know there are some issues with Fence's ammo offerings.

In terms of freezing at the end of a raid, log files would definitely help me to troubleshoot. Could you please do the following:

1) Set debug.enabled=true in config/config.json

2) In BepInEx\config\BepInEx.cfg, change line 48 to Enabled = true

3) Restart the server and reproduce the issue in the game. A new console with bepinex messages will also appear when the game starts.

4) Note if errors appear in the bepinex console when the game freezes.

4) Exit the game (normally if possible) and share BepInEx\LogOutput.log before starting the game again.

• I have done more testing and its now being replicated without your mod installed, im going to attempt to see if a reinstall of 3.6 may resolve the issue.

• Hi, I have a problem with this mod. I would like to discuss this with you because I would like to use this mod to play scav.

The problem is that after some time from the start of the RAID, the memory usage of the PC rises and reaches 100% (automatic memory optimization is on).

When playing with debug logging enabled, I get a lot of LateToTheParty errors.

It does not seem to be caused by LateToTheParty alone, but seems to conflict with SWAG + DONUTS and the mods required for it (Looting Bots may be suspect).

Can you tell from the debug logs what caused the error?

(debug log was a large attachment, so I removed the backline)

• The MODs installed are as follows.

• LateToTheParty
    • SWAG
    • SAIN
    • DrakiaXYZ-Waypoints
    • skwizzy.LootingBots
    • dvize.Donuts
    • TechHappy-MinimapSender
    • dvize.AILimit
    • Kiki-ScavTweaks
    • PMCsHaveEOD
  • Hi,

I'm not quite sure why this is happening only when this mod is combined with others, but it's definitely an issue with my code. I should be able to release a new version soon that fixes it.

• Hi,

I'm not quite sure why this is happening only when this mod is combined with others, but it's definitely an issue with my code. I should be able to release a new version soon that fixes it.

I want to express my appreciation for reviewing the log and for your efforts in updating the mod.

• I want to express my appreciation for reviewing the log and for your efforts in updating the mod.

I've hopefully fixed the bug you found in this pre-release: https://github.com/dwesterwick…releases/tag/1.3.1-alpha1. Can you please try it and let me know if it works?

Unfortunately, I'll be very busy for the next week, so I'm not planning to post the new version until the following week. In the meantime, please let me know if you find any other issues.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!