Borkel's Realistic Night Vision Goggles (NVGs and T-7)

• Borkel added a new version:

Reworked the mask for the PNV-10T. It's a single tube binocular, so it should take as much screen as a binocular but only provide the image of a monocular. It has its own LensTexture now.

TF6h9LV.png

Mitigated the brightness issue by applying a 65% black filter around the tubes. This is not a defenitive fix, and defenitely not the most elegant way to do it, but I've done my best. Also, as always, this is meant to be used with NVG ORIGINAL COLOR off in Amands's Graphics settings.

Accpn4v.png

Also included optional black textures for the GPNVG-18, more information in "user\mods\BRNVG_N-15Adapter\optional black GPNVG-18"

J2vY1pS.png

Very small update.

• Disabled by default the the toggling of tactical devices when sprinting because I understand that this feature is very confusing for those who install the mod without carefully reading through the mod description first. Nonetheless, I still recommend enabling this feature as it mitigates the IR lights issue. More information in the Known Issues tab.
    • Reduced the noise intensity of the N-15. Being a Gen 3/Gen 2+ NVG it made no sense for it have as much noise intensity as the Gen 2 PNV-10T.

Another small update. Added another null check and initialized by default one of the variables, should get rid of the NullReferenceException (thanks Cj).

Please let me know if there are any issues.

IF UPDATING FROM A VERSION OLDER THAN 1.4.8, DELETE THE OLD "BorkelRNVG.dll" LOCATED IN "BepInEx/plugins". LATTEST VERSION HAS A NEW AND MORE ORGANIZED FOLDER STRUCTURE.

New realistic ReShade presets made by FishiDishi, check the instructions in the ReShade tab (the ReShade is a completely optional download and it will never be a requirement for the main mod. It is not the main way to use the mod, think of it as a different experience that you can freely try to achieve more immersion).

A58lNMG.png

IF UPDATING FROM A VERSION OLDER THAN 1.4.8, DELETE THE OLD "BorkelRNVG.dll" LOCATED IN "BepInEx/plugins". LATTEST VERSION HAS A NEW AND MORE ORGANIZED FOLDER STRUCTURE.

Two new features:

• New manual gating feature! Increase or decrease the gain of your NVGs by pressing a key (it even makes a cool sound). The keybinds are unbound by default to avoid conflicts with other mods' keybinds, so don't forget to bind them yourself to keys of your choice. Higer gain will offer more light amplification, but there will be more visual noise6M9bAsO.png
    • New higher resolution noise texture:7DSs2E2.png

Let me know if there are any issues.

UPDATED FOR SPT-3.8.0 (doesn't work on previous versions).

All should be working properlly but let me know if there are any issues.

Updated for 3.8.1 and all future 3.8 versions

I did an oopsie woopsie and forgot to restore the default GPNVG texture back to the tan one, so it was black. Now the default one is tan and the optional one black, like always.

Added compatibility with Artem's NVGs

They will use the same profile as the vanilla GPNVG-18

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1222191813008425011/1235669954217381910/image.png?ex=6673d612&is=66728492&hm=961c5b81389a3a3fb4fcbf2f0d1e8e7e17a49e35cdb7c3f42e21ff3ebbb2d061&

(3.8.*)

• Improved ReShade logic, now it automatically turns off ReShade when in menus. Check out the ReShade tab for new and updated NVG presets with autogating made by FishiDishi.
    • Added F12 menu config options for the T-7 (tho they require game restart).
    • Better code (replaced coroutines with tasks).

I may update to 3.9.0 next week.

New ReShade preview:

U6o5Tka.png

Added a warning about using the sprint option with FIKA. Do not use the "Sprint toggles tactical devices" option if you use FIKA or you may encounter issues. This mod was not designed with FIKA in mind.

WkorMPM.png

Reverted the sprint toggle logic to prevent a CTD reported by some users.

MdouJwi.png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!