Borkel's Realistic Night Vision Goggles (NVGs and T-7)

• Borkel added a new file:

• Borkel added a new version:

Corrected the color for the GPNVG-18, now it's more true to life (less red, less gren, more blue).

Updated for 3.6.0. Let me know if it works correctly as I don't have 3.6.0 SPT myself.

• Borkel

Changed the title of the thread from “Borkel's Realistic Night Vision Goggles” to “Borkel's Realistic Night Vision Goggles (NVG)”.

Updated the noise levels for more immersion. Previously the white phosphorous NVGs were lacking noise, and the older gen NVGs had low intensity but big nodules of noise. Now noise is made of smaller pixels but in greater number.

I've updated the screenshots in the mod description.

Updated for 3.7.0, please tell me if it works ( it should ( it did for me) ).

Updated for 3.7.1, just to get rid of the version warning. I don't have 3.7.1 myself so let me know if something is not working. birbgunthreat

Changed the light emitted by the GPNVG-18 and the PVS-14 to match the white phosphorous white/blue color. Just a small detail but it bothered me a lot.

Previously:

Now:

Increased the resolution of the mask textures and changed the way the masks area loaded from the disk, now they can be customized by the mod user. Includes a new optional mask for the GPNVG-18. I've noticed that different maps apply different color filters to the NVGs, tomorrow I will work on that.

Let me know if it doesn't work.

TURN OFF NVG ORIGINAL COLOR IN AMAND'S GRAPHICS. CHECK THE NEW SETTINGS IMAGE.

That setting is what was applying different color filters to the NVGs depending on the map. With that turned off, the NVG colors will be consistent across all maps.

Tweaked the colors and implemented the T-7, it is now pixelated and capped to 60Hz.

(You have to open the image and zoom in to see it, or try it ingame)

OJaluB4.png

• Borkel

Changed the title of the thread from “Borkel's Realistic Night Vision Goggles (NVG)” to “Borkel's Realistic Night Vision Goggles (NVGs and T-7)”.

Adjusted the mask size of the quad-nods, they had too much vertical fov compared to the other NVGs. Also got rid of the version warning.

If you've ever seen vanilla Tarkov's GPNVG-18 mask at ultrawide resolution, you know how horrible it looks.

I've added support to my masks to work at ultrawide resolutions. Now when using wider aspect ratios, like 21:9, the outer lenses of the GPNVG-18 will be visible on the screen. For 16:9 aspect ratio, the outer lenses will still be only partially visible, otherwise I'd have to substantially reduce vertical FOV or stretch the texture mask vertically, both of which are bad options.

ULTRA-WIDE 21:9 Resolution (thanks LOKONAURA):
    ishOJVj.jpg?ex=657756f9&is=6564e1f9&hm=9e84553bc2fb7f8e9ffae910df8c00d9b187870394d6aa65b3f8d3fc19d39b6d&

Normal 16:9 resolution:
    2023-11-2121-59_43.3_1.6_-37.5_0.0_0.1_0.0_1.0_0.png?ex=65775765&is=6564e265&hm=0833f67a8945deccf23379099285dfad79970b71fe0c81517422e76845c71492&

ATTENTION: IF UPDATING TO 1.3.0 FROM A PREVIOUS VERSION, DELETE THE "Realistic-Night-Vision-Goggles-1.2.3" FOLDER LOCATED IN "user\mods". LATTEST VERSION IS NOW CLIENT-SIDE ONLY.

This is now client-side only. For the next version I plan to make a F12 menu to allow the users to change the color, gain and noise values in real time.

New customization menu! Press F12 and configure all of the NVGs to your liking.

Thanks to the amazing work of Arys, now you can see natural light outside of the NVG tubes, just like in Stalker GAMMA.

Mitigated the IR light being visible outside of the tubes by automatically toggling tactical devices when sprinting, this can be disabled in te F12 menu. Also reintroduced parts of the old server mod to allow the N-15 to be equipped on all helmets (i forgot about this).

Fixed the vulcan night vision scope not having a night vision effect. Took me hours to figure out I just needed one simple extra line of code :kekw:.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!