QuestTracker
    GampelPanelHUD
    Tyrian-Radar
    Tyr-DeClutter
    SamSWAT-TimeWeatherChanger
    Kaeno-TraderScrolling
    IcyClawz.MunitionsExpert
    DrakiaXYZ-BigBrain

I'm having performance problems, and I know most of it is poor game optimisation, and I just wanted to see if anyone has any tips to help gain some FPS.

My PC isn't the best, but by far not the worst; Ryxen 9 5900x & RTX 2080ti & 32gb ram (EDIT)

But in streets, im lucky if I get 35-40 and the other maps it's not as bad but often drops to below 60.

I've tried decreasing the loot spawns and bot count, but it doesn't seem to make much difference. The Declutter mod give me quite a bump in performance on most maps, buts streets is negligible.

Any tips would be highly appreciated.

• Streets has what I call a bug currently. In the small camp in the center of the map there is a massive boss and guard spawn happening min. into the raid [10-20 guards as far as I could count] which adds to the rest of the AI. That kills performance. Basically until this boss/guard spawn is removed Streets will be impossible to play. If you want to play that map there are only 2 things you can do - 1. use Donuts and edit the config and cut the other AI spawns to 50% and that will allow for playable fps or go to the center and kill the guards and that will instantly declutter the map of useless AI but it's not easy to do. If anybody knows how to remove the guard spawn there then that will 100% fix the performance on Streets. It's not an optimization issue it's a massive AI spawn issue [separate from the normal pmc/scav spawns]

• Streets has what I call a bug currently. In the small camp in the center of the map there is a massive boss and guard spawn happening min. into the raid [10-20 guards as far as I could count] which adds to the rest of the AI. That kills performance. Basically until this boss/guard spawn is removed Streets will be impossible to play. If you want to play that map there are only 2 things you can do - 1. use Donuts and edit the config and cut the other AI spawns to 50% and that will allow for playable fps or go to the center and kill the guards and that will instantly declutter the map of useless AI but it's not easy to do. If anybody knows how to remove the guard spawn there then that will 100% fix the performance on Streets. It's not an optimization issue it's a massive AI spawn issue [separate from the normal pmc/scav spawns]

As for disabling the boss you can go into the SWAG config and set his spawn rate to 0. Though you'd have to go back, change it and then restart the server for him to ever spawn again

Thanks for the reply, I never really considered the the boss spawns not counting towards the overall AI count. I've temporarily removed SWAG and currently using SVM to manage bots, pmcs and bosses etc. so I'll remove the boss spawn from streets and give it another try.

• Thanks for the reply, I never really considered the the boss spawns not counting towards the overall AI count. I've temporarily removed SWAG and currently using SVM to manage bots, pmcs and bosses etc. so I'll remove the boss spawn from streets and give it another try.

Frankly never crossed my mind to try that - I just went to the center and killed as many guards as I could before going to other areas and my fps skyrocketed from 40-50 in that area to 70-80+. Did that a few times. I have a decent system as well [7700 @5.45GHz and a 7800xt plus lots of ram] so it's not a hardware issue.

For the record the area I am talking about is the Lexos area where the minefields are marked on Prim. avenue.

• Honestly, there is no secret to getting better performance. Even with high end pc's. I have a 14900 with 7200htz ram and a 4090, and will only get average 80 and 90 on streets even when I turn things way down. Its just the games coding. When they change over to the new gaming engine sometime this year or next, we can only hope things get better. Unity engine released back in 2005, so its time for an upgrade.

• Honestly, there is no secret to getting better performance. Even with high end pc's. I have a 14900 with 7200htz ram and a 4090, and will only get average 80 and 90 on streets even when I turn things way down. Its just the games coding. When they change over to the new gaming engine sometime this year or next, we can only hope things get better. Unity engine released back in 2005, so its time for an upgrade.

Yes we get new Unity version not whole new engine..

• Rad Roach

Changed the title of the thread from “Tips to increase performance?” to “[Modded] Tips to increase performance?”.
  • I agree with Bogdan, AI Limit mod is very good for users who are struggling with performance as it removes or dematerialises bots and rematerializes them else where so your game doesn't get bogged down and starts to run poorly. AI/bots have major impact on performance and what also doesn't help is Tarkov's piss-poor optimisation and stability. Like others have said there is no secret to gaining better Frames but you could try this FPS Boost with command line in boot.config and see if that helps you. I saw a pretty significant increase in performance and gameplay making these changes and I would recommend more people to try it.

Hopefully in 3.8.0 we will see a sharp rise in performance gains as well as all the goodies that came with wipe 14.0 at Christmas.

Roach

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!