SyntaxError: Unexpected string in JSON at position 1387641

• Because of the error it doesn't auto log-in so I have to enter my password but even if I enter it correctly it says it's wrong. I know it's correct because I can see it in the JSON in the profile folder. I get the error even if I uninstall all of my mods. It happened after I closed my game and server in order to edit my profile JSON to lower my metabolism skill since "the survivalist path" quest can't be completed with elite metabolism. When I went to relaunch the game just a moment later I got this error and can no longer play since I can't log in.

• Some more info as I've been playing around to try and narrow it down. A clean install (with my profile copied over since my save is what I'm trying to salvage here) does not fix it, the problem seems to be with the profile JSON itself.

The exact position at 1387641 in my profile JSON is,

Code
                "Skills": {
                    "Comm|on": [
                        {
                            "Id": "BotReload",
                            "Progress": 0,
                            "PointsEarnedDuringSession": 0,
                            "LastAccess": -2147483648

The | in "Common" marks the cursor location after finding position 1387461 in notepad++

As someone with absolutely no coding experience, it seems apparent that I messed up when editing my metabolism skill due to the error position, but I really have no idea what to look for besides misspellings. Also, does the position indicate the exact location of the error, or could it be anything under common? Or perhaps notepad++ found the incorrect position because it looks fine to me I guess?

• Alright, after a lot of of different trials I was finally able to fix it myself.For anyone else who may have this issue, I couldn't find the syntax error, so I created a new profile and played a raid so that the profile JSON would be updated with a "skills" section. I created a backup of my original profile just in case. I used notepad++ to open both my original profile Json and the newly created profiles JSON. I copied the contents of the Newly created profiles '"skills" section over my original profiles, then used my backup as a reference to copy over my skill values so they would not be 0.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!