Posts by skybellrock

skybellrock added a new file:

skybellrock added a new version:

Patch Notes:

• Updated to AKI Version 3.2.1
    • Added new ammunitions. .338 Lapua Magnum and 12.7x55mm now have explosive variants. All shotgun calibres now have 3 types, buckshot, slug and explosive/flash depending on shell type
    • Completely overhauled explosive ammunition so that it actually works as intended. Explosive ammunition now has a few more options
    • Explosive bullets now have a much higher recoil, and also a guaranteed chance to make someone bleed
    • Explosive ammunition now use quite a bit of different fragments with different damage profiles
    • Added looting and examine experience to ILLEGAL ammunition, completely configurable in config
    • Custom Trader's offers now show up in the Flea Market
    • Fixed conflict between my mod and KMC SVM's option "Remove secure container filters", which resulted in server crash on start-up
    • Fixed a bug that made the option for buckshot pellets not work
    • Added option to toggle detailed server log. Setting this to false, default, will disable all the spam of text telling you what ammunition was added to what. It will also make loading the mod slightly faster. You can enable it if this information is useful to you for for example debugging purposes
    • Added option to turn on debug, a much more detailed log, mostly to be used by developers as it contains very detailed information
    • Added simple config option for Fin's AI, makes it much easier for anyone using Fin's AI to disable or enable AI to use ILLEGAL ammo, also turned on by default now instead of previous off
    • Did a bunch of small ammunition stat balancing, especially of shotgun shells
    • For now, ammunition come default at 0.75x the price they were previously
    • Config guide has been updated with multiple new entries
    • Added multiple new "simple Ammunition Stats" options. Sell price is no longer per bullet, but is an overall multiplier that uses buy price as a base
    • Added the advanced algorithm for spawn chances. You now have a much better idea of what spawn chances are, as the new option "Spawn Chance" in "Simple Ammunition Config", uses % chance in decimal. If you set it to 0.01, the base containers have a 1% spawn chance. "Spawn Chance Multiplier" is an option in itself. Read much more about this in the updated config guide
    • Added option "Spawn Stack Size Multiplier" which changes how many bullets you can find in a stack that spawns. This is by default set to 0.5x, which means that you can maximum find stacks that are as big as a full stack of an ammo, say 60 as an example, multiplied by 0.5, so in that case the max amount of bullets in a stack is 30. This depends on the max stack size of said calibre, it also automatically calculates the lowest amount, which is 1/10 of max
    • Balanced the flea market, so that you can simply enable it and off the bat, it will be a balanced experience. However, the intended way to play is still with Flea Market off for ILLEGAL ammunition
    • Added option to change the Flea Market fee. The fee has been significantly increase by default
    • Fool-proofed the config file, it should now be really hard to mess up. If you still do, congratulations, you have ascended
    • Added detailed error logs and fail-safes to help users problem-solve mistakes they make that results in unwanted mod behaviour
    • Added information/description on how the new error messages and fail-safes work and how they send warning signals to the user
    • Simplified, automated, dummy proofed and improved coding significantly and added a ton of small QoL, changes and features that are too small to be worthy of a mention

I probably missed some notable changes as well, there was a lot. I tried my best to remember the biggest changes and mention them here

Please report any bugs or issues to me. It is of big help since I have limited time to test out every feature of the mod. It is possible that the new AKI Version might have broken something I am unaware of.

I am just now updating my mod to the latest version. The error message appears to just be an error message with the log that shows in console. They changed the color definitions to be "RED", instead of "red". It just means that you may not get the logging properly, but that shouldn't break any other features.

Alright.

You use my mod with an unsupported version, so any consequence of that is your own responsibility, just letting you know. I HAVE NOT UPDATED THE MOD FOR 3.2.1 THE LATEST RELEASE IS 3.2.0, just to make myself perfectly clear.

Thanks for the info

If my mod somehow still works in 3.2.1, then that is impressive. I thought I would need to fix some stuff for 3.2.1. Is it still working?

Either way, it seems like I may need to make some changes, to remove those errors.

Hey.

I appreciate any bug reports I get, they truly help me. However, it is completely predictable, and not a bug, that you would get this error. My mod simply hasn't been updated to 3.2.1 yet. So of course if something in that update changed that broke my mod, it will not work until I update it. With the next update, the mod should be updated for 3.2.1.

I am sorry that my mod is not updated faster when a new AKI version hits, but I am still developing the mod itself, so it is much harder to push out an update with the new AKI version fast.

Thanks for your understanding.

Hey Isa. I did some testing. Since I edit code here and there, I am unsure exactly what I change at any one point. However, I don't think I have done much changes in my newest dev version compared to the latest release with the shotgun shells, and both shotgun shells worked as intended as buckshots with multiple pellets. It is possible I have changed something and forgot, but could it maybe be a user mistake on your end?

That's curious. I will check it when I get time. I am doing a fulltime study ATM so I have a bit limited time. I have come far with the next update though and if I find any issue with it, I will address it in the next update. Thank you for the feedback. It always helps. It is easy to make a tiny error anywhere while working on code.

It is actually a very well-timed feedback. I am just now working on exactly shotgun ammo to add slugs and buckshot for all types + boom ammo as a third. So surely I will figure it out while working on that.

It appears it is only the setting in KMC SVM named "Remove secure container filters". It appears their mod doesn't just remove all the ID's present in the secure container filter "blacklist", but removes the entire filter group that my mod looks for to add the items to the container blacklist. If my suspicion is correct, then it is impossible for my mod to be compatible with KMC SVM unless they change their method of removing the blacklist, because it literally removes the ENTIRE group where all blacklisted items are put, so when my mod tries to add a blacklisted item, and the group literally doesn't exist, it crashes. I can't add blacklist without that group existing, so there is nothing I can really do without going much further than my experience stretches too, to fix it I would have to figure out exactly what their mod does, and if they remove the entire group, figure out how to insert the entire group back into the document and do all this without having issues if the group already exists.

The only thing I can really do is, as you suggested, make sure through a namechange, that my mod launches before KMC SVM, so that it can find the entry while it exists, add the ammo to it, and then KMC can later remove the whole shabang.

Patch Notes:

IF YOU WANT TO KEEP THE OLD CONFIG.JSON, YOU CAN. HOWEVER, YOU MAY WANT TO REMOVE THE PLACEHOLDER CODE LIKE I DID IN THIS UPDATE TO HAVE A CLEANER SETTINGS FILE.

• Fixed a bug that made .357 ammo fit inside .366 calibre magazines and guns
    • Fixed a bug that made setting "Remove From Secured Container" not work
    • Removed a lot of placeholders from config
    • Added description of setting "Fin's AI Tweaks" to CONFIG GUIDE file

Patch Notes:

• Fixed a typo that made the 9x18mm malfunction stat much higher than intended
    • Fixed a typo that made the 5.45x39mm malfunction stat much lower than intended
    • Increased Flare penetration value to 25, so it can ignore armour level one and 2 with a fair chance to penetrate armour class 3
    • The damage dealt by explosive shrapnel from the 12/70 and 20/70 Buckshot has been halved
    • .366 TKM and .357 Magnum are now categorized under the medium calibres category instead of the previous large and small respectively, while 12/70 and 20/70 Buckshot are now categorized under the large calibres category instead of the previous medium, which affect their stats. A higher calibre group means their malfunction, heat and durability burn stats became significantly worse, and a lower calibre group means those stats have become significantly better

Patch Notes:

• Fixed a bug where you could not put .357 Magnum into the Chiappa Rhino 50DS .357 revolver
    • Fixed a bug where you could not put 9x19mm into the Chiappa Rhino 200DS 9x19 revolver
    • Fixed a bug where the MP-43-1C 12ga double-barrel shotgun would only accept one shell
    • Fixed 12/70 and 20/70 buckshot stats, previously took the best stats from both buckshot and slugs, now takes stats only from buckshot
    • Massively decreased flare penetration. It is a flare why did it even have 50 penetration value in the first place?
    • You can now sell ammunition on the Dark Web (to WEB AMMO trader) for a higher price than the regular traders. The higher your reputation (loyalty) on the market, the more people are willing to pay your for your ammunition
    • Added installation, update and uninstallation instructions to file
    • Simplified installation process

skybellrock added a new file: