Player Scav model changes once loaded into raid, "Overview" tab causes menu lockup.

• Server version
    Game client version
    Client log file
    codepaste.sp-tarkov.com/?4b3d2…dFMExD8xiiNVkLxJnuinzEuM3
    Server log file
    codepaste.sp-tarkov.com/?5dd29…Xz1fFWWWNLozHPXQn52cYaydw
    Have you read the FAQ?
    Yes
    Where did you download your game from?
    https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/
    List of used mods
    Fin's AI Tweaks
    Fin's Choking Hazard
    Faupi's Munition Expert
    Faupi's Hideout Architect

This is an issue I've experienced for a while, and I'm no longer sure if it's being caused by a mod or is an issue with default AKI. Whenever I enter a raid as a Player Scav, the first person model is different from the model shown in the main menu and in the entering raid loading screen. Attempting to view your third person model in the "Overview" tab of the player's inventory menu causes the model to fail to load, and for the player's menu to lockup and become stuck on that tab. Attempting to change tabs does nothing, as does exiting and reentering your inventory. You can force the tab to change to the "Inventory" tab by searching a container, but the rest of the tabs remain locked up and inaccessible. This behavior persists after the raid ends for both the Player PMC and the Player Scav, and affects the main menu version of the player's inventory/stash menu. Restarting the game resets this behavior.

I've also noticed that whenever I open my inventory for the first time after entering a raid as a Player Scav, it always starts on the "Tasks" tab. Additionally, sometimes the first Player Scav I use after starting AKI isn't affected by this lockup bug, but this is very inconsistent and seems almost random.

• This is an issue I've experienced for a while, and I'm no longer sure if it's being caused by a mod or is an issue with default AKI. Whenever I enter a raid as a Player Scav, the first person model is different from the model shown in the main menu and in the entering raid loading screen. Attempting to view your third person model in the "Overview" tab of the player's inventory menu causes the model to fail to load, and for the player's menu to lockup and become stuck on that tab. Attempting to change tabs does nothing, as does exiting and reentering your inventory. You can force the tab to change to the "Inventory" tab by searching a container, but the rest of the tabs remain locked up and inaccessible. This behavior persists after the raid ends for both the Player PMC and the Player Scav, and affects the main menu version of the player's inventory/stash menu. Restarting the game resets this behavior.

I've also noticed that whenever I open my inventory for the first time after entering a raid as a Player Scav, it always starts on the "Tasks" tab. Additionally, sometimes the first Player Scav I use after starting AKI isn't affected by this lockup bug, but this is very inconsistent and seems almost random.

Have you tried running the game without mods, on a new profile to be sure?

• Just checked, seems to be working fine without mods and with a new profile. If I had to hazard a guess, it's likely Fin's AI Tweaks that's causing the issues. Don't see how it could be any of the others, but I'm also unsure why it would affect Player Scavs that way.

• Just checked, seems to be working fine without mods and with a new profile. If I had to hazard a guess, it's likely Fin's AI Tweaks that's causing the issues. Don't see how it could be any of the others, but I'm also unsure why it would affect Player Scavs that way.

Try to disable gear options on FAIT see if it'll help

• Try to disable gear options on FAIT see if it'll help

I already had "Change gear for this group" set to "False" for Scavs, thinking that would help. No dice. I could try "Disable All Gear Changes", but I think that would have the same affect as I don't see any other options I have enabled that would affect Scav gear.

• I already had "Change gear for this group" set to "False" for Scavs, thinking that would help. No dice. I could try "Disable All Gear Changes", but I think that would have the same affect as I don't see any other options I have enabled that would affect Scav gear.

Weird haven't had any problems yet with FAIT, but does it work if you remove FAIT only?

• Weird haven't had any problems yet with FAIT, but does it work if you remove FAIT only?

I don't know, I assume so. Fin's Choking Hazard fixes a bug in how shotgun chokes calculate their values, and the two Faupi mods only affect the UI and minimally so. And if I remember correctly, this bug existed before I ever used Faupi's mods. It must be FAIT. I just tried disabling all gear changes, and like I suspected it hasn't fixed the issue. I'll try disabling spawn changes, as I have a feeling that's the culprit.

• That didn't do it either. Unless I'm missing something, it's not caused by a setting the user can change themselves (at least through the GUI Config Editor). It must be caused by an inherent aspect of FAIT.

• This is an issue caused by having a mod that changes appearance and then removing it before said appearance item is removed like if you have a modded shirt for your PMC and remove it without unequipping it, the chest will be missing and the overview tab will be blank, you will most likely have to go into your player profile and find the scav section and restore which part had the appearance mod

unless you didn't have a model/appearance changing mod then I'm stumped

• I see. Have you tried testing on a new profile?

Testing FAIT on a new profile? Not while trouble shooting for this thread, no. But this issue has persisted in the past after starting a new profile. I can give it a go anyways.

• This is an issue caused by having a mod that changes appearance and then removing it before said appearance item is removed like if you have a modded shirt for your PMC and remove it without unequipping it, the chest will be missing and the overview tab will be blank, you will most likely have to go into your player profile and find the scav section and restore which part had the appearance mod

unless you didn't have a model/appearance changing mod then I'm stumped

I don't have any model/appearance changing mods, and haven't in the past. Closest mods I can think of that I have used in the past were JustNU's More Variety (which basically did the same thing FAIT does with AI gear) and Cross_Actual's ENVG REDUX (added a new night vision headset, but I never got to use it in-game and as far as I know it didn't replace any existing items). I stopped using them as they became deprecated. The bug existed for me before I ever removed them, though. I have never used a mod designed to change/replace Player Scav's or Player PMC's default models/appearances, nor those of AI Scavs and PMCs.

• Do you still have a profile saved that has this issue occurring where the overview isn't available? If so can you please put it into a google drive and send it so that I can load it up to see if its your AKI build causing trouble or if its just corrupted

• Do you still have a profile saved that has this issue occurring where the overview isn't available? If so can you please put it into a google drive and send it so that I can load it up to see if its your AKI build causing trouble or if its just corrupted

Yeah, sure, my current profile has this issue. You just need the JSON file, right? Would it work for you if I just used codepaste.sp-tarkov.com to share it, rather than Google Drive?

• my guess is Fin's Choking Hazard mod is causing issues with the game's Firearms and Ballistics calculators, remove that mod and check

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!