SPT-INSTALLER

• I try with 2.27 same problem.... update to 2.28 same problem :(

Edited once, last by AleTurkov: typo ().

• Same problem for me. Just bought EFT, logged into the launcher, started the game. Closed everything and then tried to install SPT.

Things I have checked:

- EFT and SPT would be in different drives.

- Also tried installing in same drive as EFT.
    - Logged into the official BGS launcher.

- Have latest patch for EFT.

- Everything checks on SPT installer and have latest version V2.28.0.0
    - Cleaned Installer Cache.

- The log file says the installer finds EFT's install location correctly.

- Windows is completely updated.

- Restarted PC.

- Have everything closed.

- Just tried a full reinstall of EFT.

- Verified EFT files.

- (Added) Run SPTInstaller as administrator.

Just after this appears, it always fails. Like it can't start downloading the file, although the link works well if I manually go to it.

The log file:

Any ideas I could try?
    I have tried everything I could think of and nothing is working. Tried at least 50 different times. Will try to do a manual install now, as I don't know what else to do.

Edit: Manual install worked for me.

Edited 11 times, last by MtNak ().

• MtNak the only thing left that comes to my mind is

starting the SPT Installer as administrator and try again

its weird that some of those problems pop up for some people,

because they have very good n clear instructions, and also a instruction video

up to make the process more easy to do

• Thanks, I made it work with the manual install, but just tried that to test it and didn't work either. (I had tried it before too but forgot to put it on the list).
    I did watch the video instructions two times and took it into account, to no avail. Did exactly as told by the written and video instructions.
    I also watched the video instructions for the manual install before going that route, just in case it said something that could help me.

I don't know why it doesn't work, but the time it always fails while trying to download from mega, it seems to me that it's not my computer but the way it's trying to download the downgrader zip file. Or maybe permissions on my pc to download it, but I'm on a pretty freshly installed win 10 from 3 days ago and didn't change almost anything to it. And running it as admin should fix that.

• Hi, I just updated SPT for the first time in quite a while and I used the auto installer and for some reason it copied the battle eye files from live tarkov. Is it supposed to do that or do I have to remove those files like it did in earlier versions of SPT?

• CWX added a new version:

CWX

- add more logging around file hashing

PLEASE DON'T DM ME FOR SUPPORT, UNLESS I ASK YOU TO, I WILL NOT ANSWER THEM.

I DO NOW HAVE THE POWER TO BONK SO DON'T DO THE ABOVE!

WEEWOO :kekw:

CWX

- set framework prechecks to required

- updated copy operation in update.ps1 to use copy-item instead of bitstransfer

CWX

- added some more logging

- added a "enter debug mode" button thing

• i have been useing SPT for about a year. got a few mods messed up and deleted everything to start fresh. now it just wont install patches at all. I have unistalled Tarkov 2 times now, deleted everything with SPT and even loaded it onto a new drive. each time the patcher gets to about 1100/4000~ that fails to apply. After such I have no ability to run the AKI server or AKI launcher as they dont exsist. Been looking all day here for help but seems i am currently at a dead end. I do wonder if it has something to do with arena installed as well, since my last install was befor arena came out.

• i have been useing SPT for about a year. got a few mods messed up and deleted everything to start fresh. now it just wont install patches at all. I have unistalled Tarkov 2 times now, deleted everything with SPT and even loaded it onto a new drive. each time the patcher gets to about 1100/4000~ that fails to apply. After such I have no ability to run the AKI server or AKI launcher as they dont exsist. Been looking all day here for help but seems i am currently at a dead end. I do wonder if it has something to do with arena installed as well, since my last install was befor arena came out.

The issue is in the patcher itself, not the installer as a complete package. I am having the same issue and have a help ticket up for that specifically. If you try and manually install instead of using the all in one tool, the downpatch will fail on a specific item file about 50% of the way in to the whole process.

• i tried to launch the game today and it wont launch, it just gets stuck and crashes when i click on it. I redownloaded it through the SPT installer and it still wont work. it was working fine yesterday (nvm my hard drive was broken)

• Thanks, I made it work with the manual install, but just tried that to test it and didn't work either. (I had tried it before too but forgot to put it on the list).
    I did watch the video instructions two times and took it into account, to no avail. Did exactly as told by the written and video instructions.
    I also watched the video instructions for the manual install before going that route, just in case it said something that could help me.

I don't know why it doesn't work, but the time it always fails while trying to download from mega, it seems to me that it's not my computer but the way it's trying to download the downgrader zip file. Or maybe permissions on my pc to download it, but I'm on a pretty freshly installed win 10 from 3 days ago and didn't change almost anything to it. And running it as admin should fix that.

Did you solve this by chance? I keep getting the same error :(

CWX

- refresh output file when downloading from mega before checking if it exists

- added a log line for exceptions

CWX

- fix update script

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!