after 5 raid working fine i get an error: RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded

• Server version
    Game client version
    Client log file
    codepaste.sp-tarkov.com/?c9e83…yKEMJEVKQpWoAvt5M6oTG3kcW
    BepInEx log file
    codepaste.sp-tarkov.com/?99e24…HKLJ4tG9azUqhFgwdkkjAGt7E
    Server log file
    codepaste.sp-tarkov.com/?53f4e…gmGrxCQMtekmL22Fw9ZzkAubu
    Have you read the FAQ?
    Yes
    Where did you download your game from?
    https://hub.sp-tarkov.com/
    List of used mods
    i have tried with mods and after removing all mods and the error persists

the game runs fine for 5 raids but the i get the error RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded when the server tries to load the bots on raid start up on all maps

• Thanks for responding i really appreciate your time in looking into this

i have narrowed it down to the items.json

in previous versions i was able to edit this .json to allow various handguards, rails etc to be put on guns etc that would not otherwise be allowed to for example allow 2 orsis rails and a skeleton foregrip to be put on the ak handguards to make the character look like they are holding the gun by the mag.
    i made literally hundreds of changes in my older 2.2.1 version

however in this version i can make the edits ( only 2 or 3 so far over 2 days) and the game runs fine (for example tonight i made an edit played for just over an our with no issues) then after a few raids i get the error. i re-installed a fresh version of 3.5.0 in a separate folder and transferred the new items.json in to and it ran totally fine.

so there seems to be something in this new version that when it tries to load the bots in raid it has trouble looking into the items.json if any edits are made.

i can send you the items.json that has the edits in it if you like

• There are a lot of item deserialization issues in the logs, so most likely you messed up an edit. My guess is that your edits to mods and mod slots were bad, so whenever the server tried generating mods for a bot's weapons, the bad edits would result in it getting stuck in a recursive invocation loop and overloading the call stack.

Though, this is kinda a shot in the dark as your server log has expired, so if you could re-upload that it would be much appreciated.

• SPT-Aki CodePaste
    Visit this link to see the note. Giving the URL to anyone allows them to access the note, too.
    codepaste.sp-tarkov.com

normally if i mess up an edit it throws the error on server start up telling me there is an unexpected error in the json but this time it let me load in and then throws the error on trying to load the bots

• so i started over and did some testing, it seems that I can edit the values in there for example to make quest items spawn in raid ( it always seemed silly to me to not to need space for things like the pocket watch etc)

But any additions that add items to another that make the file longer break it.

• CWX

Closed the thread.
  • Terkoiz

Set the Label from In progress to Invalid

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!