SAIN 2.0 - Solarint's AI Modifications - Full AI Combat System Replacement

• Solarint added a new version:

This version will only work with SPT 3.7.0 REQUIRES Latest Big Brain and WayPoints updates for 3.7.0 as well

• Added Grenades back to bots until I can properly implement a revamped system. It is mostly similar to default grenades with a few small changes.
    • Improved squad code to further optimize and make it more consistent.
    • Possibly fixed rare cases of bots shooting at the player through walls.
      • The issue (I think) was that under specific conditions, bots were turning towards stuff they hear while in the middle of shooting a burst of gunfire, causing them to accidentally light you up behind cover. Haven't confirmed this was the source but it was technically possible.

thanks for adding grenades back and looking into it

your mod is amazing and changes the game alot.

This version will only work with SPT 3.7.0 REQUIRES Latest Big Brain and WayPoints updates for 3.7.0 as well

• Renamed default difficulty presets for SAIN to be less confusing with in-game difficulty options, and ordered them by difficulty. Expanded tooltips for them to explain what they do a bit more.
    • Added Config options to configure grenades for specific bots under Bot Settings in f6 menu.
    • Added toggle in Global Settings - General to disable all bots using grenades.
    • Fixed included presets being for the wrong version.

Fixed Lighthouse Bosses getting SAIN layers when they shouldn't be.

• Fixed Grenades sometimes spamming the console with errors.
    • Fixed (?) some Scavs getting assigned Boss Brains, leading to bizarre and broken behavior.
    • Fixed bots sometimes tracking the player through walls for a few seconds after losing line of sight.
    • Revamped how bots look at sounds they heard, they now look in the direction of the path to the sound instead of directly at its source, looks more natural when looking at a bot, and makes them slightly better to react if an enemy pops up there.
    • Fixed bots sometimes being too accurate when turning toward an enemy.
    • Fixed bots checking their own position when checking if a friendly squad member is close, leading to talking at unintended times.
    • Adjusted Bot dynamic lean. They will hold leaning angles for longer, and change lean less frequently.
    • Added New Boss on Streets to SAIN Settings to configure them.
    • Fixed bots sometimes jerking around when aiming at an enemy. ( I Think)
  • Getting this error in console from latest version with latest big brain and waypoints -

• hi. scavs and pmcs don't talk. 99.99% of the time they are completely mute. even with the max settings in options. can talk is toggle on.

le: not even bosses talk at this moment. killed Sanitar and not a word. something is broken. how to setup to have vanilla talk mode??!!! please!

Edited 2 times, last by tzeapa ().

• Code
    [Exception] : NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    SAIN.SAINComponent.Classes.Decision.SelfActionDecisionClass.get_ContinueReload () (at <ac9a8936ff104ad0847d9f875e7e8aac>:0)
    SAIN.SAINComponent.Classes.Decision.SelfActionDecisionClass.CheckContinueSelfAction (SAIN.SelfDecision& Decision) (at <ac9a8936ff104ad0847d9f875e7e8aac>:0)
    SAIN.SAINComponent.Classes.Decision.SelfActionDecisionClass.GetDecision (SAIN.SelfDecision& Decision) (at <ac9a8936ff104ad0847d9f875e7e8aac>:0)
    SAIN.SAINComponent.Classes.Decision.SAINDecisionClass.GetDecision () (at <ac9a8936ff104ad0847d9f875e7e8aac>:0)
    SAIN.SAINComponent.Classes.Decision.SAINDecisionClass.Update () (at <ac9a8936ff104ad0847d9f875e7e8aac>:0)
    SAIN.SAINComponent.SAINComponentClass.Update () (at <ac9a8936ff104ad0847d9f875e7e8aac>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    Class327:UnityEngine.ILogHandler.LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Seems to be spamming my console every now and again too.

This version will only work with SPT 3.7.1, 3.7.2, 3.7.3 REQUIRES Latest Big Brain and WayPoints updates for 3.7.1/3.7.2/3.7.3 as well

• Fix squads not being created properly
    • Tweak to Searching to help with the run/skid/run/skid behaviour (Thanks Saber!)
    • Resolve an issue that stopped SAIN from working when SPT was in debug mode
    • Switch to 7-zip archives for releases
  • hi. scavs and pmcs don't talk. 99.99% of the time they are completely mute. even with the max settings in options. can talk is toggle on.

le: not even bosses talk at this moment. killed Sanitar and not a word. something is broken. how to setup to have vanilla talk mode??!!! please!

I am having the exact same issue. If this mod isn't installed scavs talk regularly as in the live version. However, the moment I install the mod they are silent regardless of the freq. value set in the preferences.

I reinstalled spt entirely, and again, it works until this mod is installed.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!