drakia waypoints
    amands graphics
    big brain
    looting bots
    hephaestus
    serverv value modifier
    live flea prices drakia
    swag

whenever the ai spawns in or when they shoot i get major lag spikes and my fps is 55 to 70 but mostly stays around 50 to 60 im not sure if its the update or what so hopefully someone will know whats wrong.

• Rad Roach

Changed the title of the thread from “game lags when pmcs or scavs shoot and when they spawn in major lag” to “[Modded] game lags when pmcs or scavs shoot and when they spawn in major lag”.
  • Klemiejr hello, I believe the lag spikes/lagging that you are experiencing is caused by the AI spawning in to your raid and when they first make contact with an enemy. This is a common effect of the game, it even does it on Live Tarkov IIRC. What also negatively impacts your game is how many are spawning at any given time in your raids, something to consider when playing.

I have checked your attached log files and I do not see anything negative or incompatible that could impact your game.

Roach

• It is normal for the overall FPS to decrease as the raid goes on and more AI are spawned in. If you have nothing restricting bots from spawning all over the map your FPS will decrease and the game will feel much more laggy.

I would suggest the try the AI Limiter mod as it can greatly help with FPS and the game lagging. It will remove bots that get spawned in beyond the amount and distance you set in the F12 menu for the mod. They then get re enabled when you get into range of them. It has individual settings for every map so you can tweak it just how you want it. I set it to 10 bots within 450 for most of the maps except factory and labs which are much smaller. Even for me with a powerful PC it makes a huge difference to my overall FPS and the smoothness of the game.

This video below helped a lot for Windows and game tweaks for better performance. Setting the EscapeFromTarkov.exe in the SPT folder to run as high performance in the Windows graphics settings was the main one and made a huge difference for me, but all steps helped. The one thing i do not agree with in the video is changing your GPU in Nvidia control panel to "prefer maximum performance" as a global setting. This will cause your GPU to run at high clock speed and increased temperature even on the desktop. Set it to only do this for the tarkov.exe or like me do not change it as the game runs fine as is and i saw zero benefit from changing it. The game is CPU and RAM limited. GPU has minimal effect.

Since using this AI limiter mod and making these other performance tweaks in Windows and to the Tarkov boot.config file, I now get a constant 120+ FPS at 1440p with high settings on every map except Streets. Even with lots of bots active.

Edited 2 times, last by Maddog Matt: Spelling and grammar ().

• With your PC specs you should be getting more FPS than what you are getting. Must be a reason for this.

For reference i have a Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30, RTX 4070 Ti, Game running off a NVMe SSD.

Forgot to say i also use the program Process Lasso to force the game to run on only physical cores as i believe the in game setting was bugged to only work on the first raid. Not sure if this is still the case now. Made a big difference for me as well.

• i have the same problem, it just spawns an absurd amount of scavs and pmc's, with 3.7.6 i could run at 144 fps without hickups and lag, and now with 3.8.0 it barely runs at 50 fps, i counted more then 30 pmc's on ground zero, why?

• bassochist

Install the AI limiter mod i linked above. It will disable bots above your set amount and distance limit to make your game run much better. Or edit the files for each map to lower the amount of max bots allowed. I would still use the AI limiter as well though.

• same here, my pc specs are RYZEN 7 7700,32 GB RAM, and RTX 4080 GPU. I only get 30-45 FPS in several maps and the lowest fps I get at the interchange, only get 12 FPS. I do have not too many mods installed too

but in the previous build (3.7.6) I get more fps (100 fps or more ) on any map and it runs smoothly

• After some more testing as i did not want to comment before having more raids under my belt, it is definitely not as good or smooth as 3.7.6. Previous 3.7.6 was buttery smooth with high FPS for me. Hopefully it can be improved. Reinstalled it all and redid all my settings and double checked in case it was something i did wrong but it is still doing it.

It is ok but i'm getting small stutters where the FPS will dip significantly below my normal 120-140 FPS. Often from 135 to 60 FPS which is very jarring. On 3.7.6 i was getting consistent 110-140 FPS even with many bots and it would barely ever drop much below this except for streets map. With 3.8.0 it is very inconsistent but the small stutters are the worse issue as it makes aiming almost impossible at times.

I'm also seeing ridiculously high RAM usage with 3.8.0. Had my task manger say 97% of my 32GB RAM was being used on woods and customs. Never had anything crazy high like that on 3.7.6. Definitely some kind of memory leak as bots are being spawned in.

For reference my PC is a 7800X3D, 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30, RTX 4070 Ti and game running off a NVMe drive.

• I'm also seeing ridiculously high RAM usage with 3.8.0. Had my task manger say 97% of my 32GB RAM was being used on woods and customs. Never had anything crazy high like that on 3.7.6. Definitely some kind of memory leak as bots are being spawned in.

If I am remembering correctly, wipe 0.14 for Tarkov released just before New Years but it did have various levels of issues, mainly performance and armour hitboxes needing a patch which was released a short while later.

On the patch notes for 3.8.0 it does say that there will be some issues or bugs still present due to time-constraints and being overloaded with things to fix and recalibrate. I have also communicated with one of the devs for more information about performance, armour etc.. they say the next update will bring fixes, optimisations and various improvements for SPT. They are aware of the suspected memory leak, it's just that they didn't have enough time to get around to solving the issue beforehand.

• Also just to add further; after a lot of hours testing and trying different things with the FPS and AI spawning with mods and without mods, I've come to the conclusion that the intermittent performance drops or lagging is basically just a part of the 3.8.0 build and therefore not much can be done about it until a new AKI version is released. Multiple users have reported or mentioned in threads about it and it seems like a wide-spread thing and not a minority issue.

This does happen from time-to-time when the developers of SPT are overwhelmed with bug fixing, optimisations, testing etc.. but as long as we are patient enough and enjoy what we have right now the future will look more exciting for SPT. The work these guys do for the game is amazing and very under-appreciated I feel.

• Also just to add further; after a lot of hours testing and trying different things with the FPS and AI spawning with mods and without mods, I've come to the conclusion that the intermittent performance drops or lagging is basically just a part of the 3.8.0 build and therefore not much can be done about it until a new AKI version is released. Multiple users have reported or mentioned in threads about it and it seems like a wide-spread thing and not a minority issue.

This does happen from time-to-time when the developers of SPT are overwhelmed with bug fixing, optimisations, testing etc.. but as long as we are patient enough and enjoy what we have right now the future will look more exciting for SPT. The work these guys do for the game is amazing and very under-appreciated I feel.

Yeah i agree. I have been testing the same things. I think not much can be done short term until the next release. I have played with CPU priority and the SPT boot.config file also to try to extract a bit more performance and it has helped and it is better, the FPS drops are not as severe now but still present.

Like you said 0.14 had its own issues on release so the SPT devs can only use what BSG have given them so to speak. Understandable that there may be underlying issues as that was what was in 0.14 at the time.

Not complaining in any way, just adding my experience so the issue can be made known and other players see it is a common thing and not something that they think they are alone experiencing. I am very appreciative of the monumental effort required to release these major updates like 3.8.0.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!