Posts by Maddog Matt

I already have 3.9.8 working but i just tried myself with a new blank folder. Live EFT updated to latest and I get stuck using the installer on the step "downloading patcher". Stops at some point here every time. Tried maybe 10 times and could not get it to progress past this point. No clue what is wrong but it clearly is having issues.

EDIT: I tried again and this time it worked for me and it completed successfully. Maybe try deleting the spt-installer cache. I did and it completed after i did this. Type %appdata% into your windows search bar and then delete the spt-installer folder in here and then try running the installer again.

When you say trying to update, what version of SPT are you updating from? If you already have 3.9.x working you do not use the installer. This is for new installs only. To upgrade from a previous 3.9.x version simply download the SPT 3.9.8 7zip and extract it to your SPT install and overwrite all files.

Been doing Streets quests yesterday and today and both bosses have been spawning for me. Maybe try upgrading to latest SPT 3.9.8 and see if it does anything for you. I am using SAIN, SWAG+Donuts and Looting bots plus many more mods and it is working just fine for me on 3.9.8.

hey i was wondering , if there was a way to update spt too the new wipe and have the new factory layout ,and etc ? i updated the game and redownloaded spt and it didn't work . i still have the same old version of spt.

No. You need to wait for a newer version of SPT to be released based on a version of live Tarkov with those features included. Each version of SPT is built on a very specific version of live Tarkov. Hence the need for the automated installer to downgrade your files back to the correct version. If you change the base of the code you literally break everything. This is why some releases of SPT such as 3.9.0 can take longer time to release as all the new features from that version of live tarkov need to be made to work for SPT.

For just one example, there is no BTR in offline and it took a lot of work to get it to work properly for SPT. This is with an entire team working to get each SPT version released, so it is not simple to do. If it was everyone would be doing it.

SPT 3.9.x is based on version 0.14.9.1.30626 (27 June 2024) of live Tarkov.

The new wish list features were added in version 0.14.9.5.30967 (4 July 2024) which is unfortunately after the build that SPT is currently using. These new wish list features will likely be included in the next major release of SPT.

You have persistent progress until a newer SPT version is not compatible with older profiles. It can happen from time to time like 3.8.3 to 3.9.x. Very easy to give your new profile similar progress as you had before. So not a big deal.

When tools like profile editor exist and are so easy to use i'm not sure why the SPT devs would bother to make it an official included feature?

There are issues with some hostility detection between different bot types. I was using the hostility fix dll to address this issue and it was ok for me. Seems this has been fixed in the latest 3.9.5 release available now so i would recommend updating. Easy to do as you can simply drag and drop the 3.9.5 7zip contents into your SPT 3.9.3 folder and let it overwrite everything. Mod and profile compatibility is retained.

Only major issue i am getting now is some bots doing their best impression of a Saturn V rocket upon death and getting yeeted out of the map. Very impressive to watch but sadly they cannot be looted as i have no clue which map they eventually landed on :S

Also are you using Bigbrain and Waypoints mods? They are listed as required for SAIN but you do not mention if you have them installed.

Profiles from 3.8.3 or older are not compatible with 3.9.x. There are workarounds but i am not sure if a much older profile from 3.7.6 would even be worth messing around with.

You will need to start a new profile with 3.9.x. You can DL the mod Profile editor SPT-Aki Profile Editor and use it to give yourself a similar level, skills, quest progression, trader levels and money and items like cases so you do not have to literally start over from scratch again. I have done this several times over the years when profiles were no longer compatible with a new SPT version.

I looked for the downgrade on this site for 3 hours, but I couldn't find it, so I'm not stupid.

There is no downgrade patcher anymore. You just use the SPT installer i linked above now and it does it all for you and puts the right file versions where they are needed automatically. You could have saved those 3 hours as this info is on the SPT release page.

help, how can i restore tarkov to a previous update. since spt 3.9.4 does not start with the current update ;( ;( ;(

You don't. Update your live Tarkov to latest version then DL this: SPT-INSTALLER

Put it into a new folder where you want SPT to be. Run the installer and it will copy the EFT files over and downgrade them to a version compatible with SPT 3.9.4 and install 3.9.4 for you.

This info is all in the instructions.

I can't open my old profile in Profile Editor.

Don't worry about your old profile. You cannot use it anymore in 3.9.3.

Just make a new profile and use the new profile editor and give yourself the approximate level, skills, quest completion, money and items like cases that you had in 3.8.3 so you can continue your progress. Very easy to do. I have done it many times in the past when profiles were not compatible with a newer SPT version.

Thanks for the info. I just had exactly the same error with my SPT 3.9.1 install. I also fixed it by finding the null reference and putting in my flea rating and it thankfully fixed it for me. If this profile got bricked i'm not sure i would have the will to start all over again.

I don't use Fika and have been playing SPT for years. Never had a single error like this ever before in countless previous versions of SPT so i am leaning towards it being something wrong with 3.9.1 and using the flea market. For me it was trying to sell a ZB-014 key.

Its connected with loot generation. When i lowered multiply for loot fps went higher

Too much loot is generated on the map and the game needs to keep track of it all and this causes FPS drops. If you set it way too high the game will slow to a crawl. Depending on CPU and RAM this will affect some more than others.

I use Leaves Relooted mod instead as it restores many missing loot spawns and can increase loot quantiy as well if you so choose. No issues with it at all as i am still hitting my 140 FPS cap.

Today i have enough time, and try out every map. Doing proper raids, take the time, questing etc.

It worked! On avarage 20-21gb ram was in use, the peak was on streets (of course) with 26-27gb. 1440p, medium settings, bot amount as online.

On the problematic maps the biggest issue was my fps. Sometimes is dropped to low 30's. On avarage 40-60. In the future i will work on that.

So i can say the ram upgrade is worked.

Tank you for your help and your support! 😉

There are more things that can be done to improve your performance as your PC should be able to run with better FPS than that.

For an AMD CPU you should be running the game with the "only use physical cores" option turned on. Also i use process lasso program to force the game to always only use physical cores and turn SMT off. There was a bug where the only use physical cores option only worked for the first raid. Not sure if it was fixed so i do this to make sure.

Also you can change the boot.config file to force the game to better use your CPU to get greatly improved performance. If you do try this i would recommend setting "job worker count" option to 5 for your CPU. 1 less than your physical core count. To make this work the "only use physical cores" option must be turned on in the game menu.

FPS Boost. Boost framerate with command line in boot.config. - AKI Mods Workshop